• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Canti

Thanks for the replies all.

That sucks but at least I now won't lose any sleep over it
(I'd have done it for an alt. title screen too :/).

-PXG-

Hopefully the bullshit subsides while I'm at work so that by the time I get home, RNGesus decides to help a brother out and give me more than just green shells.

akaoni

Banned
Hopefully the bullshit subsides while I'm at work so that by the time I get home, RNGesus decides to help a brother out and give me more than just green shells.

If this isn't an established word for Mario Kart already then it needs to be one.

MicH

Tried out a combination of the super heavy char + circuit special + button wheels + cloud glider for the first time and got 1 star in 150CC lightning Grand Prix. Rep first places and two second. Pretty good if I do say do myself

Also Wario's horn cracks me up

Exile20

May 29th

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

Amazon.com - #1
Amazon.jp - #1
Amazon.ca - #1
Amazon.co.uk - #1
Amazon.de - #2(#1 PlayStation Network Card )
Amazon.fr - #2(#1 Watch Dogs)
Amazon.es - #1
Amazon.it - #3(#1 Watch_Dogs PS4 - #2 Watch Dogs PS3)

June 3rd

Amazon.com - #1
Amazon.jp - #4 (1, 2, 3 are 3DS games)
Amazon.ca - #1
Amazon.co.uk - #2(#1 is Watch dogs - PS4)
Amazon.de - #1(SOLD OUT)
Amazon.fr - #1
Amazon.es - #1
Amazon.it - #1

Mik2121

Dunno but I got hit by a red shell, recovered and got some mushrooms, saw the 1st and 2nd get hit and right as I pass by them someone on a star (you?) crossing mid-grass and straight onto me, sending me back to 4th. Jeez! :p

At least I finished 2nd so I'm cool with it.

Anyway, gotta take a break! Cya later!!!

R0ckman

Isn't there a small window were you can't be hurt after being struck by most items? Because I'll just be spinning and watch 1 or 2 shells hit me and keep on spinning like nothing happened.

Yeah, but I'm sure regular players don't pay attention. I personally just run into the racers who were just item raped or time it until the recovery ends.

I've been in many online races where people will do dumber things like be in the 5th-8th cloud of racers wasting their items on the people behind them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That lightning on the last lap on Cloudtop finished me. Had mushrooms ready to catch up but I was in the air when the lightning hit. Slowed me down and I lost the shrooms. :(

Tiamant

I have yet to play Bone-Dry Ruins even once in online. Doesn't anyone like that stage or something?

That track is the worst of the bunch by a wide margin, it's the anti-topcloud cruise.

Also I LOVE the final lap theme of Electrodrome, never fails to pump me up.

akaoni

Banned
Toad's Turnpike is the worst in my opinion because there's no reason for 90% of the track space to exist, too easy to just stick to the inside walls. Red shells made useless by traffic.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What an awful third lap on Rainbow Road. Tried not to get that draft boost but got it anyway and flew off. Then I lost my item to lightning.

akaoni

Banned
I only intended to play a few games and it turned into several hours as always.

It seems the replay I uploaded is a total fail because it uploads it to the Nintendo network only with the criteria you have set for what to watch and I left them set as default. Shame.

Top Bottom