• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I defended an unreal amount of red shells that match and ran into the giant yoshi egg on lap 3...that was a tragedy.

I got like 5 red shells that game, all blocked by papercuts. I never thought that egg would screw you over of all things though. Good Race

daydream

Banned
I ALREADY TOLD EVERYONE THE OTHER DAY THAT IF I DON'T GET ENOUGH RAINBOW ROAD I'LL DIE SOMEDAY

ALTHOUGH I'M NOT EVEN PLAYING RIGHT NOW

AND MORE LIKELY THAN NOT MY DEATH WILL NOT BE RAINBOW ROAD UNRELATED

BUT I'LL STILL DIE SOMEDAY IF YOU DON'T PICK RAINBOW ROAD

well at least i mostly don't fall off anymore

WAS WAITING FOR YOUR REACTION

YOU CAN DIE I DON'T CARE, NO RAINBOW ROAD ANYMORE FROM NOW ON K

ffdgh

I seem to remember us having this same problem with MK7...

Oh no wait, those were just the angry stalkers that were following you from WW weren't they?

But seriously since people can join recent opponents there's no way to keep the tourney GAF only even if the code is kept secret.

Oh yeah forgot about that...speaking of 7, it looks so....old now. D:

Played some rounds with some fellow gaffer. Of course Rainbow Road would be the first course chosen, and I course I would get mostly triple mushrooms.

Had plenty of fun, though I never finished higher than 5th. Losing concentration and forgetting to drift or drifting off the edge probably didn't help.

RGamer2009

Neo Member
I just did the coolest thing the other day.

Me and my bro were playing Mario Kart 8 on the big screen and my dad wants the TV. Well I start to switch the game over to the pad to play single player for a bit when I got this brilliant idea.

The game screen is streamed to the pad for single player, but I wondered if you could still use the pad for multiplayer as a screen if you used other controls.

Well it turns out, you can. Me and my bro used Wii Wheels to play the game and used the GamePad itself as our TV screen.

IT WAS AWESOME. Thanks Nintendo!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't know but there was this guy with stars and shit on his name. He had 0 points and left after 3 matches or so but he kicked our ass.
Maybe it is a GAF member so if you see this say so :O

Plenty of Gaffers who hardly post and mostly lurk, someone like that could easily find the code in the OP. Also as mentioned earlier, someone could join in via someone else's friends list.

Finally got MK8 today, while I should probably practice on 100cc, I'm swallowing my pride and getting my ass handed to me at 150cc occasionally

That's actually beneficial for you if you are trying to get stars in Grand Prix mode. For instance, if you get 2 stars in the Mushroom Cup at 150cc, those 2 stars will carry over to 100cc and 50cc. Not so the reverse way.

I think Dry Bones Ruins is okay. But Dry Dry Desert is awful, no doubt about it.

I have to groan at people that pick DK Jungle as well. Such a dull level.
Music Park gets hate, but at least the music is pretty catchy and the background is fun to watch.

Also, if I wanted tracks that are hard to navigate, I would pick Rainbow Road.
Although I like tracks that are fine to navigate

Xamdou

So which is the best char to use? I use Wario cuz I can pretty much bump the smaller characters off the road and similar sized chars just do a slight bump.

K' Dash

The GameCube ones are the worst tracks in the Double Dash, DK Mountain and Dino Dino Jungle would have been amazing, but no...

Oh well, I personally love all the new tracks and most of the remakes.

enoki

Sending a friend requedt to random people? This is Nintendo we are talking about. You could be friend requesting a pedophile for all we know. NINTENDO.

But you can. Go to Friends under Online and you can see users you recently raced against.

kcxiv

I've never been able to finish first. Every time I'm first for two thirds of the race I get gangr*ped in the last stretch and end ninth. It's starting to dampen my fun of the game a bit.

just remember that while it may suck, there's always someone on these forums that are getting first every race, and it can happen. lol

I guess I have the opposite opinions of lots of you since Dry Dry Desert, DK Jungle, Music Park are some of my favorite tracks, and I still hate Grumble Volcano.

Top Bottom