• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

People we all know the most boring track is Toad's Turnpike. The long straights make it feel like you're going so slow and it's easy to avoid the traffic.

It's an unpopular opinion but I preferred Moonview Highway.

Grumble Volcano is also good

Is Mount Wario the first linear track in the series?

If by linear, you mean 1-lap, then no. MK7 had the two Wuhu Island tracks and Rainbow Road.

Zomba13

Shouldn't there be a list of "Last Played With" you can look through and send a request that way?

I got a friend request from a Gaffer I raced with the other night and before that, long long ago, got a friend request from a guy I played Need For Speed Most Wanted with for a bit. It's definitley possible to send friend requests to randoms you meet online using that.

Think i might actually man up and join the GAF races sometime this evening. If any of you see Snowblind on there... and he's sucking, hard... yeah, that's this guy lol.

Zomba13

I'd recommend jumping to GAF races even if you suck. It'll help you improve and then you'll slaughter public games and the AI (except when the AI gets angry at you and pelts you with every item in a row because it's butthurt at you doing well).

that was the most boring game of Toad Turnpike I've ever played
KuGsj.gif

nothing but coins in first too

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For me, it's more about how you come out the other end of it. I can do it, just need to not be an idiot about it, haha.

I always go through the donut then crash into the terrain off the ramp and lose all my speed. I usually don't even want to do it without 2 mushrooms.

Kinsei

Banned
How often have you all been seeing people bunny hop all over the place? I've been thinking of having a few races tonight before the online goes to shit.

daydream

Banned
I always go through the donut then crash into the terrain off the ramp and lose all my speed. I usually don't even want to do it without 2 mushrooms.

I was using one mushroom and flying off the track via ramp, it was not pretty.

Edit: Or maybe two, actually.

Salex_

I started watching a stream of this game and I can't stop watching it!
http://www.twitch.tv/lirik

Reminds me of all the fun I had when I played Mario Kart DD and previous MK games with my cousins as a kid. Hopefully I have enough money to buy a Wii U when Smash Bros comes out!

How often have you all been seeing people bunny hop all over the place? I've been thinking of having a few races tonight before the online goes to shit.

Most of my random matches have had bunny hoppers. It will and is spreading fast so make the choice to leave it or not.

You know the neogaf gif where the man rises from his chair moving his arms from his side basically welcoming people to neogaf. Could some create a new one with a luigi head and change it to this mario kart. Would be useful to use it to reply to those angered by online shenanigans.

Kinsei

Banned
Most of my random matches have had bunny hoppers. It will and is spreading fast so make the choice to leave it or not.

Looks like this will be my last night playing online outside of friends only lobbies until this gets patched.

The Mario Kart team really needs better testers.

Playing with GAF, zero so far.

My main set-up leaves me with 1.25 speed. No way I can keep up in the Gaf lobby. You're all too fast for me.

daydream

Banned
One drift in the wrong direction ended me there. Possible the worst thing that could happen to you, way worse than getting hammered by items.

Didn't recognise who I was playing (I was Sly...playing as Roy, the one in last most of the time) but just to say I hate you all :p

I'll be back after LOTS of practice!

Top Bottom