• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

KHlover

Banned
Aw man, only got 2nd in Thwomps ruins. And lol at going from 2nd to fifth 5m before the finish line in Electrodrome. Never change, GAF :D

Beckx

You've come to the right neighborhood. Hope we end up playing around the same time. :3

Oh yeah that always goes well for me. :p

ihYt86VALnlvn.jpg

I was definitely having a bit more success last night than usual but I think I'm going to take tonight off to focus on starting the time trials.

Although when I think about it Prinny having his hands full with better competition than me last night might have had something to do with that success. That penguin is sustained by my tears I swear ;_;

K' Dash

It's easy if you can get out ahead, impossible otherwise.

Yeah, red shells just crash against the traffic, youd have to be really close and make sure nothing is in the way, red shells like to make their own path towards the objective, and if there's an abstacle, you're SOL.

Is there any way to get my Mii to have the same stats as Rosalina? I've got a great setup with her, but I can't get the stats to translate to my Mii no matter how I change the weight.

The only real bummer about this game is that Mario Kart TV won't let you export videos in slow-motion. That would make things so much better.

Everything else is basically perfect.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to get my Mii to have the same stats as Rosalina? I've got a great setup with her, but I can't get the stats to translate to my Mii no matter how I change the weight.

She's a middle-heavy and I think the Miis can only be Light, Medium, and Heavy.

Roo

Fuck that RR. Roo, in second place, having a crazy 8 waiting for me, after I only fell once - harsh, let's just say. :p
In my defense I wasn't planning to use it until the second gliding section but they guy behind me had triple red shells so I was like.. Yeah no.

PedroRVD

I was finally able to play with GAF people last night. (I was waiting until I learned every track and get 3 stars)

You people are VERY good!

The thing I didn't like was that everybody has 1234132424 points so there is little motivation to participate at this point :( ... Are rankings gonna be restored sometime?

------

Now, after playing for almost a week. What is the general opinion on not being able to carry 2 items at the same time? Personally, I'm LOVING this, this makes you play more aggressively and take important decisions more often. The only change I don't like is lakitu taking racers back so quickly after a fall...I hope Nintendo can patch this sometime.

Rainbow Road 64 is toooo short...it looks more like a bonus track...The glorious music is not even finished and I am in the last part already. New Rainbow Road is not very good either, so both rainbows were a disappointment for me. Every other course is great/amazing. But I have to say it... Mount Wario is leagues better than everything else...it is so awesome that it makes me thing Nintendo could have done this effort to the other tracks as well.

I'm missing the Giant Mushroom :(

I need online stats, wins, losses, percentages...come on even Mk Wii had this :(

Aside from some minor complains, I'm LOVING this game so much.

-PXG-

Who's down for drunk sessions this weekend?

*raises both hands*

In fact, I'll set it up tonight along with it's settings, time restraints, rules ect

RiggyRob

I was finally able to play with GAF people last night. (I was waiting until I learned every track and get 3 stars)

The thing I didn't like was that everybody has 1234132424 points so there is little motivation to participate at this point :( ... Are rankings gonna be restored sometime?

------

Now, after playing for almost a week. What is the general opinion on not being able to carry 2 items at the same time? Personally, I'm LOVING this, this makes you play more aggressively and take important decisions more often. The only change I don't like is lakitu taking racers back so quickly after a fall...I hope Nintendo can patch this sometime.

Rainbow Road 64 is toooo short...it looks more like a bonus track...The glorious music is not even finished and I am in the last part already. New Rainbow Road is not very good either, so both rainbows were a disappointment for me. Every other course is great/amazing. But I have to say it... Mount Wario is leagues better than everything else...it is so awesome that it makes me thing Nintendo could have done this effort to the other tracks as well.

I'm missing the Giant Mushroom :(

I need online stats, wins, losses, percentages...come on even Mk Wii had this :(

Aside from some minor complains, I'm LOVING this game so much.

You mean you WANT them to make it slower?

Rankings are reset every Monday I believe (haven't seen it for myself yet).

Rankings get reset every Monday I believe.

EDIT: Yeah, what he said.

Berordn

New Rainbow Road is an acquired taste. It feels bizarre and out of place until you really get down and dirty on it and realize it's a true "final level" that tests your ability to handle crowds and rapid fire drifting. No real gimmicks, just straight up karting.

N64 Rainbow Road is a bit of a disappointment because it could have been the same thing if it wasn't such a feeding frenzy thanks to the point-to-point setup.

1up

Fiendin at work right now. I'm coming back tonight GAF! I ordered a capture card so I can stream playing as well.

So my sister has played Star Cup 100cc 3 times now, and gotten 1st place in all 4 races and it won't give her any stars.

Is this a glitch, or any reason why?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So my sister has played Star Cup 100cc 3 times now, and gotten 1st place in all 4 races and it won't give her any stars.

Do you get stars in 100cc or do you have to play 150? Because I got 3 stars in all the cups on 150.

Regiruler

How long is she in first for? She should be winning a good portion of the time.
But it should at least give her 1-2 stars.

If that fails just play electrodome over and over to drown your sorrows.

Top Bottom