• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

EBreda

Hey guys, what do I have to do to play with MKGAF? Are you creating tournaments? Do i have to add each one of you?

I really don't know much about online/friends lists on the Wii U. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

random25

Hey guys, what do I have to do to play with MKGAF? Are you creating tournaments? Do i have to add each one of you?

I really don't know much about online/friends lists on the Wii U. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iNKIdoFZZFhnS.png

--RACING CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE

ibzdwzBzK6ugeF.png

--MIRROR CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE

ibkolyBnfmyMyh.png

--BATTLE CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoGAF's Official Mario Kart 8 NNID Exchange Spreadsheet and IRC Chat are already available - - - QUOTE TO SEE THE LINKS- - -

This has probably been answered somewhere within the near-200 pages of posts, but can anyone summarize how the free game redemption works? I have no interest in Wii U Party and own the other three games. Can I sell/give a code for one away?
Once you pop in the club nintendo code online and do the survey, a banner for the free game will pop up on your club nintendo home page. There, you choose the game you want and a code will appear shortly after. People have been selling their free game codes on the buy/sell/trade thread, so that is an option.

Neverfade

Once you pop in the club nintendo code online and do the survey, a banner for the free game will pop up on your club nintendo home page. There, you choose the game you want and a code will appear shortly after. People have been selling their free game codes on the buy/sell/trade thread, so that is an option.

Thanks!

EBreda

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iNKIdoFZZFhnS.png

--RACING CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE

ibzdwzBzK6ugeF.png

--MIRROR CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE

ibkolyBnfmyMyh.png

--BATTLE CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoGAF's Official Mario Kart 8 NNID Exchange Spreadsheet and IRC Chat are already available - - - QUOTE TO SEE THE LINKS- - -

Thanks, Random. I actually had seen that before and I already added my ID to the spreadsheet. I'm just asking what do I need to do to actually meet gafers online: are there GAF tournaments? Do I have to manually add all 600 or so gafers who posted their IDs to the GDoc sheet? Is there a schedule/time people usually meet?

orioto

Good Art™
Just entered the race room. It was bad lol!

I'm not used to play in 150cc yet i've had 3 stars for 50 and 100cc for now. I always hate how MK makes you play so long in low speed modes then you actually have bad habits in term of anticipating the curves.

Zing

Banned
Somehow ohlawd shot three red shells at me, I managed to defend against two, but then the third hit me. Then when I shot one in retaliation almost immediately, he had a green shell.

H8

daydream

Banned
FUUCK THIS MY ITEM DIDN'T TRIGGER ;_;

I had a banana prepared for the red shell, would have been easy first. The L trigger betrayed me!

Edit: annd blue shell'd out of first just now, lol

LOL

random25

Thanks, Random. I actually had seen that before and I already added my ID to the spreadsheet. I'm just asking what do I need to do to actually meet gafers online: are there GAF tournaments? Do I have to manually add all 600 or so gafers who posted their IDs to the GDoc sheet? Is there a schedule/time people usually meet?

For tournaments, no need to add friends. Just enter the tournament code and you're set.

Roo

In the game just enter the codes you see below each banner.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If you start with 50cc or even 100cc you can earn 3 stars for each cup. She earned 3 stars for every other cup, except (ironically enough) star cup, which even after finishing 1st all 4 times, it won't get her the 3 star credit at the end.

Any reason why? Maybe tell her to pick a different character or Kart? or try switching to 150cc and have it reflect backwards for her?

Might just be a bug. I breezed through Mushroom Cup 100cc early on, but it only gave me gold and no stars despite easily sweeping 1st for all the races. It gave me the stars when I redid it a bit later.

JakeD

got my first win. royal raceway a few races back.. i needed a few perfectly timed red shells, but i'll take what i can get

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Moo moo meadows is amazing, but Toad's turnpike is the most boring track ever

Top Bottom