• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

I will never pre-order a game again. Have to wait until friday while everyone I tell about the game can pick it up right now. So much hate towards humanity.

Care to show a pic of the blue shell? preferably with the game box or something next to it so can get a good idea of its size. The size of that CE box is making me curious xD

Smaller than the Ganon figure from the limited edition Wind Waker.

XGQxI3L.jpg

wrowa

Wow, the remade Toad's Turnpike is amazing. It plays completely different than before. Feels like a new track altogether.

Robin64

I will never pre-order a game again. Have to wait until friday while everyone I tell about the game can pick it up right now. So much hate towards humanity.

I feel ya, man. Now I see why people like Rockstar insist on retailers not selling games early.

Jucksalbe

Banned
So, basically Tournaments are just time-limited Communities? At the end of the period it just resets the score? At least that's what it looks to me, which would be great. Though it seems you have to have at least 30 minutes where it's not active (you can still do "practice races" in that period).

openrob

I like the countdown because for me it's more than just a countdown to Mario Kart 8.

It is a countdown to the end of my work placement and the start of my 3 1/2 month holiday.!

Jucksalbe

Banned
I love the new Piranha Plant item, it's fun to use, it's totally mean, it's great. I kinda like the coin item, too, just because it always feels like a big "fuck you" when you desperately need an item.

People that have the game, was the stutter thing overblown?

I don't notice it.

prag16

Banned
What I find funnier is that SNES F-Zero is way easier than SMK. I was boosting and turning like a pro in F-Zero the moment I picked up the game.
SNES F-Zero still holds up for me, while SMK doesn't. MK64 is still great to this day.

Mik3F

I'd like to know as well if anyone has an answer, my game wn't come until Friday but would love to download NSMBU over the weekend to play as well!

The codes should be live from just after midnight tomorrow to download from the eshop.

The free game codes can't be registered until after 10am on Friday

Jucksalbe

Banned
Uploaded a video of my first online win. (edit: I was Peach)

I really wish I had a faster internet connection. 1MBit upload speed means about 10-15 minutes for each 60 seconds video.

cube001

I'm waiting for the Japanese eshop to update, so that I can download the game, any idea when they usually update the eshop?

Every time you finish a race, the game ask you if you want to share the reel of the up to 65 seconds. It ask you to acces to your google account and miiverse to do so.

Ah so I have to upload to Miiverse to be able to upload it on YouTube?

Thank you, Amazon. :)

You... have a Yui figurine next to your TV?! Now I'm jelly... :( But congratz on getting MK8, enjoy it! :)

Can you play this with the Wiimote but without motion controls?

Yes you can! It's a bit confusing at first since it will default to Motion Controls though you can just set it to the D-Pad in the pause menu. The configuration is as follows:

D-Pad: Steering
B: Use Item
A: Use Item
+: Pause
-: Rear View
2: Accelerate
1: Drift/Tricks

Just got it! (Mediamarkt Barcelona)

Do we know if we can already claim the free game?

Knowing Nintendo I wouldn't try it, just register your Club Nintendo code not earlier than Friday or else you might not be eligible :/

Tiamant

No you can not.

And DON'T register the game now. You will never get your free game. The registration period starts sometime on the 30.

To be sure register it on 31. :)

Thanks, I expected something like that but it's nice to know.

Oh well, I'll just have to play MK8 until my eyes bleed.

Ninja Dom

Sweet!!!

Has anybody said if there are noticeable loading differences between download and physical disc? I want download mainly because of the convenience. Game will always be accessible on the Wii U, no changing discs and I can play on just the Gamepad in bed without worrying about noise and disc spinning.

Top Bottom