• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Sinthetic

Indeed. All's well that ends well. Since the Lagann Blu-ray set was delayed, I've had some cash spare so I don't mind the extra that it costs lol. I just hope they're more punctual than Anime Limited :p

Going to watch X-Men in a few hours and maybe tomorrow I'll pop in my Mononoke Blu-ray. Should help with the time. Blu-ray collectors needn't worry about entertainment!

Hahaha! Too right my man. Always something to spend on isn't there?

Enjoy the film today and Mononoke for sure!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
yes. Other than Game & Wario, Mario & Sonic winter olympics and Mario Party, I have everything else digitally. So rather than simply not use the offer, I figured a few pounds back by trading in Zelda (which I'd then get back free when registering MK8).
I'm doing the same, trading NSMBU so that I can get it digitally (and buy Luigi now I have this extra convenience).

Sadist

Oh fudge

I just got a text from GameMania, I can pick it up. But I can't right now and tomorrow all stores will be closed.

Grrmbl

zlCfzR-oia0yWomHhV

Ludwig is awesome. Riding a teddy bear kart like a man, crushing blue shells and completing the deed with a "bye bitch!" gesture.
Also, dat laugh.
He's got that Iwata hair too. What a boss :)

Shame that the Twin Cities suck so bad for finding most games before their street dates. At least it's forcing me to go digital which is probably the best result anyways as it'll be nice having it always available + the DDP reward is also nice..

Shaii

None of the Danish shops in my area are caving in.. The waiting is just unbearable...

I'm getting desperate, someone please help....

MicH

None of the Danish shops in my area are caving in.. The waiting is just unbearable...

I'm getting desperate, someone please help....
Yeah, Danish stores never sell stuff before release :/ I'm just waiting for Friday at this point

Shaii

Yeah, Danish stores never sell stuff before release :/ I'm just waiting for Friday at this point

Kolding area.. One of them always caves in.. Happened with Pokémon XY, Tomb Raider, Tropical Freeze and Infamous just to name a few..

Of course it would be too much to ask for it to happen with the game I've been hyped about for about a year. Just fantastic...

I don't know if I should bite the bullet on the MK8 bundle. I've wanted a Wii U for a while and was going to get myself something with some of my grad money and save the rest. I am so torn as to what to do.

I just got back from GameStop where I traded in Wind Waker HD towards MK8 since I already own all the free games and that one had the most resale value. I was talking with the guy at the register there and he mentioned that NOBODY knows about that deal to get the free game. He said that Nintendo didn't send them any promotional materials about it and it is really only spreading by word of mouth. I'm surprised they really aren't pushing that aspect of the game purchase. Their commercials don't even mention it!

prag16

Banned
I just got back from GameStop where I traded in Wind Waker HD towards MK8 since I already own all the free games and that one had the most resale value. I was talking with the guy at the register there and he mentioned that NOBODY knows about that deal to get the free game. He said that Nintendo didn't send them any promotional materials about it and it is really only spreading by word of mouth. I'm surprised they really aren't pushing that aspect of the game purchase. Their commercials don't even mention it!

That's very unfortunate, if true. Nintendo should be hammering that point home relentlessly...

MicH

Kolding area.. One of them always caves in.. Happened with Pokémon XY, Tomb Raider, Tropical Freeze and Infamous just to name a few..

Of course it would be too much to ask for it to happen with the game I've been hyped about for about a year. Just fantastic...
Oh, lucky! Nothing like that ever happens in Roskilde

You sure he didn't remind you of, like, Beethoven. You know.. the obvious inspiration? :p

I love the reference inspirations for the Koopa Kids but some of them are so 80's I doubt people will understand all of them (Morton's for instance). Ludwig's is the most timeless of the group I think.

Son Of D

Stratford CEX has it in stock for anyone nearby. Ask about the free game in case they're second hand copies though.

Can't say I'm surprised that a CEX already has one. They were selling copies of Pokémon X and Y early as well.
Is it safe to assume that the copies are likely stolen copies? Or are people just buying it for the free game download code?

DomLando

Which controller are you going to use for this game? I still do not have a Pro controller and was contemplating buying one for this and Smash.

Baleoce

Which controller are you going to use for this game? I still do not have a Pro controller and was contemplating buying one for this and Smash.

I'd say that's a very good decision all round. It is a fantastic controller and will work great for both of those games.

MNDan

Neo Member
So say I'm looking to buy a WiiU mostly for MarioKart.

What else do I need to buy besides the WiiU? 3 or 4 Wii Remote's? What about the Pro controllers? And can I use the touchpad as one of the motion controllers?

Top Bottom