• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Is there anybody who has issues redeeming a Mario Kart 8 dowload code bought through Game.co.uk?

I keep trying and trying but the eshop tells me that the item corresponding to the code is not currently being distributed... but in reality the game is already available, it's even purchasable through the eshop itself!

i tried sending a mail to Game, but i doubt they'll answer till tomorrow, and i'm starting to get kinda upset

Is there anybody who has issues redeeming a Mario Kart 8 dowload code bought through Game.co.uk?

I keep trying and trying but the eshop tells me that the item corresponding to the code is not currently being distributed... but in reality the game is already available, it's even purchasable through the eshop itself!

i tried sending a mail to Game, but i doubt they'll answer till tomorrow, and i'm starting to get kinda upset
Try again at Midnight.

MicH

Won't work until midnight BST. That's in 35 minutes

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
At last I have Ludwig, he was my second to last unlock, well it could have been worse I suppose.
I'm not digging most of the kart pieces I've got so far, haven't got anything on the level of the Train or Koopa Clown Kart in MK7 yet.

I think transformed asks a lot more from your driving skill, MK8 jumps all over the place depending on how much dickery the CPU feel like getting up to, sometimes you'll command first place with ease, other times the item bludgeoning just wont end.

I can definitely see it being harder to be defensive in first with the item changes, but I also can't see this being nearly as infuriating as MKW which had unbelievable blue shell frequency. I saw up to 6 in a single race before...and if it wasn't that, it was a POW block removing your items, or lighting inbetween that.

May 29th

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

Amazon.com - #1
Amazon.jp - #1
Amazon.ca - #1
Amazon.co.uk - #1
Amazon.de - #2(#1 PlayStation Network Card )
Amazon.fr - #2(#1 Watch Dogs)
Amazon.es - #1
Amazon.it - #3(#1 Watch_Dogs PS4 - #2 Watch Dogs PS3)

I would laugh if MK8 beat Watch_Dogs first day numbers

BM8

Neo Member
I think the time window for Amazon ranking is so narrow it doesn't really represent anything other than what's popular at this exact moment.

Still surprised to see it #1 at amazon.co.uk.

Its been #1 on amazon.com, since last night.

Still, who knows.

JP

Sorry, this may have already been mentioned but is this going live on the eShop at midnight or will it just update during the day sometime?

Social

It will work in a few, it better will! :D

Tenki

Wow, the lightning in Cheep Cheep Beach is amazing. Makes me want a new Mario Sunshine with the same lightning engine and same graphics.

Rubixcuba

Banned
How are people playing already? It's up on the PAL eShop ?

Edit: Just realised we Australians get the game a day later than rest of the world :(

Amazing a really fun torney guys!

Had a great time against djaweed. I got pretty lucky in the third race with the objects though.

How are people playing already? It's up on the PAL eShop ?

Edit: Just realised we Australians get the game a day later than rest of the world :(

Europe breaking street days left and right.
I had the game since wednesday.

JP

Just to remind people that if you redeem the code that you get for buying MK8 BEFORE the correct time in your region you won't get the extra game. Seeing more than one report of people doing it early and Nintendo telling them that they won't get it. :(

Check the details in your own region BEFORE you use the code just to be safe.
Ninty said:
With our special Mario Kart 8 Bonus Game Promotion, if you register the PIN code for Mario Kart 8 in Club Nintendo BETWEEN 10:00 (UK TIME) ON MAY 30th AND 23:59 (UK TIME) ON JULY 31st, you could claim a free download code for one of a selection of great Wii U games!

I can definitely see it being harder to be defensive in first with the item changes, but I also can't see this being nearly as infuriating as MKW which had unbelievable blue shell frequency. I saw up to 6 in a single race before...and if it wasn't that, it was a POW block removing your items, or lighting inbetween that.

Well you can rest easy on the blue shells by comparison, while I'd say they're likely to turn up in like 3/4 races I can't recall having two turn up in the same race in this entry. The only grumble worthy things turning up repeatedly in first place in the same race now are COINS! I got five in a row on Dry Dry Desert, that was like a whole lap of pure coinage followed by a blue shell.

As an aside MK Wii didn't seem to be anywhere near as brutal to me compared to everyone else's tales of terror.

BashNasty

Yeah, I suspect you're right. I'm kind of hoping a day one patch shows up at the last minute and fixes it.

At the very least, it seems like the vast, vast majority of people don't notice it. Outside of the Digital Foundry article and subsequent worry about it here, I've never seen the issue mentioned. Honestly, I wish I'd never heard about it as I almost certainly would have never noticed it on my own. Given that I won't be able to avoid looking for it now (sadly) I'm curious if I'll actually notice it.

Just to remind people that if you redeem the code that you get for buying MK8 BEFORE the correct time in your region you won't get the extra game. Seeing more than one report of people doing it early and Nintendo telling them that they won't get it. :(

Check the details in your own region BEFORE you use the code just to be safe.

This doesn't include digital game codes does it? Just PIN# with physical releases?

Top Bottom