• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Kinsei

Banned
All you need is 60 points for 3 stars? GOTY

I went to go play back MKWII and I for the life of me can't get 3 stars on any of the 50CCs. Its like impossible. Is there a checklist of what has to happen in order to get 3 stars in MKWII?

Hmm, that makes sense as we 3 starred every GP we played during the Best Buy event last week. I just thought we were really good.

To the people who are playing 150cc, how would you say it compares to expert mode in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed?

SASRT is much easier. At least trying to get 3 stars in 150 is tough as nails.

I actually think its pretty easy so far. Three gold cups so far without any hassle.

May ask what are you using, kart or bike? and do you get ahead in the first 2 laps or are you 2nd 3rd during the whole race?

Blues1990

I will fight you.

YAAHOOOOOOOUUU!!!

Different strokes. I never had a problem with the Mii's, or Daisy, or any of the usual subjects that are brought up for most irritating voice, but Toad's yells had always irritated me, especially his yells in Mario Party 2.

Found a glitch where you fall through the floor in Cloudtop Cruise...

Got it on my highlight reel here.

Hmm, seems it's in a few other courses too. Hopefully Nintendo's already aware of it from the tons of people playing review and early release copies the past couple of weeks so they can get a patch out soon.

Just used a bunch of credit to get $60 in eshop cards. Decided to go digital.

For some reason I thought you could preorder off of the eshop.

Crazy, I know.

daydream

Banned
Different strokes. I never had a problem with the Mii's, or Daisy, or any of the usual subjects that are brought up for most irritating voice, but Toad's yells had always irritated me, especially his yells in Mario Party 2.

We lead very different lives, my friend.

NEEEWW RECOOOOORD!

MicH

Ah, the hell? The game is available for purchase one the eShop in mainland Europe now.. but my eShop code from GAME doesn't work? :( Do I really have to wait for 1 AM?

Neff

30 Miiverse posts a minute. This game is serious business alright.

It's also pretty damn good, as well :p

Zero148

Ah, the hell? The game is available for purchase one the eShop in mainland Europe now.. but my eShop code from GAME doesn't work? :( Do I really have to wait for 1 AM?

I have the same problem. Do game codes download from the UK servers even when you are in the german eshop or something like that?

Oh cool. Outside of the expert traffic attacks I didn't find SASRT too hard so this should be fun.

Oh yeah that was hard. Races where much easier.

Take in mind some people say that they are finidng 150cc pretty easy, thats not my case, my firends are experiencing similar results.

With a bike and getting ahead in the first two laps made the game impossible (to get golds I mean).
With a kart and going like 2nd and 3rd during the whole race made the game much easier, and I could get golds easier.

The first race in every cup is really easy to get really ahead of the pack. The rest are the tough ones. Im pretty sure all this is becuase of rubberbanding.

wyk126

Neo Member
So I've been looking at mario kart 8 eshop description, it's not supporting 1080p anymore??

Edit: I know it's not a 1080p game but it should be supporting 1080p upscaled, look at SM3DW and super mario u, Donkey Kong tropical freeze, even batman , they all support 1080p, although they are all 720 native

So just did my first onlince race this works sooooo much better then on Wii and it played GREAT to bad I like communication in online games but it was fun non the less.

Single player 150 I get my ass kicked :D but fun as hell so far

muteant

the wait is killing me. is there any chance target will sell the game after 9pm PST since technically it'll be the 30th elsewhere in the States? stretching it, I know.

wyk126

Neo Member
MK8 was always 720p. Eurogamer was wrong and as far as I know they never corrected their article.

I know but looking at MK3DW it's a 720p native as well, but it supports 1080p according to the description, I know it's up scaled but it's supporting .
same applies to some other 720p games as well

Shahadan

To the Gaffer that was behind me at the finish line of the Sky/Cloud race I'M SO SORRY for that gratuitous red shell from my behind, but we were laughing so much with my roommate :lol:

Dinjooh

Found a glitch where you fall through the floor in Cloudtop Cruise...

Got it on my highlight reel here.

Ludwig doesn't give a fuck where your so called track is.

i3DdM5RLjZeyG.gif

At last I have Ludwig, he was my second to last unlock, well it could have been worse I suppose.
I'm not digging most of the kart pieces I've got so far, haven't got anything on the level of the Train or Koopa Clown Kart in MK7 yet.

To the people who are playing 150cc, how would you say it compares to expert mode in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed?

I think transformed asks a lot more from your driving skill, MK8 jumps all over the place depending on how much dickery the CPU feel like getting up to, sometimes you'll command first place with ease, other times the item bludgeoning just wont end.

Why couldn't there be pre-loading so I could start playing at midnight instead of downloading it.
Oh well only 42 mins left till download starts....

Have Nintendo said anything about fixing the frame repeating bug yet? I'd reality like to buy this tomorrow, but I won't until I know it will be fixed.

Top Bottom