• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

J D

Banned
My copy arrived this morning and ive played it quite a bit today (played all cups)
Really enjoyed being able to play grand prix in split screen, so i could play the game with my little brother and still unlock everything.

Yay, Amazon shipped my game! Supposed to be here tomorrow.

Does the game have anything you need to download? Like a Day 1 patch? Planning on going over to a friend's apartment and playing until we pass out.

I'm just going to leave this here
https://7chan.org/fl/src/mk8.swf

mk8.gif

TMC

Almost here! I cannot wait. I have not played Mario Kart since Double Dash. Really looking forward to some GAF tournaments.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh! Hahaha what happened? You can't race in it now?

Seems only 4 races count towards the points for that tournament, if you rejoin afterwards it counts as "practice". There's an option for infinite races when you create a tournament, I guess that would be better.

daydream

Banned
Seems only 4 races count towards the points for that tournament, if you rejoin afterwards it counts as "practice". There's an option for infinite races when you create a tournament, I guess that would be better.

Now that you're on the scoreboard, you should be able to do infinite races.

Robin64

I made "NeoGAF Infinity" if you think we should use that sort of setup for the Community style thing.

Edit: Oh, you only get on the scoreboard once then it is really infinite? Well, okay then.

Albo

Yeah, never order through them if you want something on time. They're good otherwise.

Thanks for the heads up. This was my first time ordering from them since they gave me a good price (£34.50). I should've gone with amazon in this case considering I had quick delivery available.

Yeah, that's my bad. I thought it was going to do what communities did and just have continuous 4 race competitions.

atr0cious

Yeah, that's my bad. I thought it was going to do what communities did and just have continuous 4 race competitions.

Could you please do some kind of explanation on tourney settings later? I want to run some tourneys and seasons over the summer, and no ones really expounded on them.

Roo

So.. I found this interesting piece of info in MKWF from a "leaked guide"

- CPU can never pick up triple red shells
- Last place cannot receive Lightning bolt
- To get 3 stars, all you need is 60 points (1st place all races)
- Unlocks are at 50 coins until 1000 points, after that it’s 100 per unlock
- Grumble Volcano has a new shortcut after lap 3
- You have to win a cup with each character for 30 stickers and beat 32 staff ghost for the other stickers. The other 28 are already earn by starting the game.
- You can’t pull a star the first minute of battle unless you’re on frantic and have only one balloon.

Can anyone confirm the second one? :O

Could you please do some kind of explanation on tourney settings later? I want to run some tourneys and seasons over the summer, and no ones really expounded on them.
For sure! I'm going to work in a bit, but if no one has done it by the time I get home I can post something.

Blues1990

Speaking personally, I'm curious to know why there are those who completely despise the inclusion of the Mii's, as I always found them (especially mine) to be quite cute.

Top Bottom