• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

Exentryk

mario61.gif

all you guys are monsters

Sad thing is that I'm 2 kart lengths behind you getting the same treatment.

i'm just being more silly than mad, except for a batch of red shells at a certain shark lol. although that specific room we were in last night was bringing out heath levels of pacifism and kindness in people :p

see I have no idea what any of that means

I'm just playin' for fun :p

ffdgh

I'm surprised you don't use the Blue falcon/streetle over the mach 8 clones with the whole acceleration tier thing bubble.

I'm surprised you don't use the Blue falcon/streetle over the mach 8 clones with the whole acceleration tier thing bubble.

well, I do sometimes use the Blue Falcon

I do understand the acceleration tier thing, but do you think it would really give me more of an advantage? would the advantage be like.. going through off-road better?

I've never really noticed acceleration being much of a factor on any level, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong :p

I also for that reason occasionally like to use Rosalina because she's barely into the 2-tier, so she has the same acceleration as Toadette with the Circuit Special (idk why I just enjoy the Circ Special for no particular reason) - and then with Rosalina you gain a good bit of top speed as well

ffdgh

Probably since 2 accelerarion is a horrid handicap for anything slower than 4.75...aka heavies. (imo)

Go balance team >_>

edit: Not surprised when you can have an infinitely better 5.25 speed and 2 acceleration lol.

Probably since 2 accelerarion is a horrid handicap for anything slower than 4.75...aka heavies. (imo)

Go balance team >_>

well I don't know anything about all of that.. I'm just a simp and essentially have played with the same combo :p

I've noticed TJSuper10 is really fast with some combo (he's also always Toadette) - with a lower top speed but apparently something is better

you'll have to specifically tell me what I'm missing out on with that acceleration loss =3

maybe I should just pick a medium character?

ffdgh

well I don't know anything about all of that.. I'm just a simp and essentially have played with the same combo :p

I've noticed TJSuper10 is really fast with some combo (he's also always Toadette) - with a lower top speed but apparently something is better

you'll have to specifically tell me what I'm missing out on with that acceleration loss =3

maybe I should just pick a medium character?
Nah just keep using what works for you. If you wanna screw around and compare combos and stats...http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/5196/mk8stats.html
BHAM3cx.png

Winners pick Morton,

Losers pick not-Morton.

Also definitely upgrade to Blue Falcon from Circuit Special, you should notice a definite improvement in performance.

You traitorous swine...
giphy.gif
If it makes you feel better, last night I won 4 out of 5 Frantic races with Koopa in a kart, and the only time I didn't get 1st in that streak I still got 2nd. :p

Sadly, after that I got bumped like a rag doll enough times that I gave in and switched.

Sorry about double post, but tonight's session had me almost dying from laughter.

Me cheering them on, Roo was being mean and hit me, but he claimed he high-fived me... hmm okay I'll take it.

a5hkN9z.gif

I just had to troll PreyingShark... this one had me dying and almost fell to the floor. The best part is when I just took a mushroom and just boost right off. Enjoy!

xUgMupo.gif

For the record, I braked so that he would pass me while I was still invincible so I wouldn't get nailed by the triple reds.

Didn't work obviously. X_X

Ya boy backed up to avoid getting hit by the red shells? Or was it to hit you with the star? Interesting
To avoid getting hit, because any sane player would have just went around me instead of fucking backing up so damn far and then waiting so he could hit me with both.

Didn't count on him trolling me. :(

Yeah we love to troll on each other, esp. me and Enforced. I once braked with a horn in hand so Roo can come up then I honked him. I love having a mirror.
^People like him and Enforced are why I learned those anti-Triple Red tactics to begin with. And as you can see from the gif, even that isn't enough when they're really determined.

Roo

Was Roo trying to send backward green to hit you? That was hilarious.

pMgm4DO.gif

Now that I think about it, I was right behind him when that green shell hit both of us but he got stuck in the wall.
I thought he would spam all his remaning shells at me so I threw that one backwards lol

I think I will switch to Koopa next time we play, Lemmy just can't compete with you heavy assholes.

Can't say Koopa will make any difference but more power to you lol

ffdgh

It can't possibly be any worse lol.

The heaviest I am willing to go is Mario, to be honest.

There's always the metal Mario and PGP as heavy weight alternatives.

Edit: And also Tanooki mario/Male villager for their unique 4.25/4.5 speed and 3 accel combos.

idk why I can't stray too far from using Toadette

I think Daisy is cute so I like to pick her from time to time, but there isn't too much increase in top speed ;3

Cat Peach was a fun addition :3

they need to add Bub and Bob as playable characters for Mario Kart 9 or 10 B-)

(whichever one of those would be the console version because I don't ever get handhelds anymore)

ffdgh

I like using cat peach for the few extra combo possibilities she gets with that extra .25 acceleration that Peach/Yoshi/Daisy can't benifit from normally.

Nightii

Banned
There's always the metal Mario and PGP as heavy weight alternatives.

Edit: And also Tanooki mario/Male villager for their unique 4.25/4.5 speed and 3 accel combos.

Out of those I could be willing to go with Metal Mario.

Is Female Villager a bad choice?

Top Bottom