• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX found on Nintendo 3DS eShop server

Kinsei

Banned
I'm happy to see one of my favorite RPGs being remade but I have to wonder how much on an enhancement this will be. I can't see the budget for it being very high.

Fawlful is the best character

MLSS-Fawfuls_Personality.png

I have chortles.

Jhoan

Day one for sure! I loved Superstar Saga as a kid so much, that I drew Prince Peasley. I didn't find the final boss hard either. Plus I miss Fawful and Cackletta.

Ridley327

I'll bet you any money if this is real, Geno won't cameo again.

In addition to the Smash costume, they literally had to re-license him again for the Wii U release of the original game. I don't think Squenix is charging an arm and a leg for his use.

I'll have to get out the ol' Majora for one last ride. Any chance to snuff out memories of bad Mario RPGs in exchange for shiny versions of older, better games is one I gotta take.

I hope it comes out for Switch too, not just 3DS. I am personally done with the 3DS, and will not "dust it off" just to play this great game once again.

Eila

I'd replay it. One of my favorite JRPG.
Then again I never played beyond Partners in Time, got burned by that one even though everyone says BIS is good.

Berordn

I'd replay it. One of my favorite JRPG.
Then again I never played beyond Partners in Time, got burned by that one even though everyone says BIS is good.

BIS is more of a return to form and fixes a lot of the problems of PiT. Still fairly linear, but playing as Bowser ends up being a bit more logical than controlling Baby Mario and Luigi, and bosses aren't nearly as tanky.

3DS having more games than the Switch this year. Classic weird Nintendo move.

A remake of an older game on a platform where you can reuse assets and engine from later titles isn't that absurd. Paper Jam even used Superstar Saga's battle theme for a short period of the game.

Most of the work is already done for them, basically.

This game was so much fun on GBA. I really loved the original art style so a part of me just wants it to be a plain port, but who knows. If it's a remake, I hope it turns out even better.
Looking forward to more information about it.

Megatron

Is it surprising?

I didn't want to play a ps3 game after getting my ps4, why would I want to find out where my 3ds has been buried for months (might have given it away I don't even remember) when the new nintendo handheld is out?
To me it is. I love zelda and switch is a nice piece of hardware. But its not a great portable experience with that battery and not being that small. Personally for older games that can run on either, I would rather see them on 3ds. I want new games on switch, but if a game works the same on either give me the 3ds version.

Magnus

I'm all for remakes and revivals of previous Nintendo styles. So many gems that deserve the facelift.

Where's the evidence that this is for the 3DS instead of the Switch, though?

To me it is. I love zelda and switch is a nice piece of hardware. But its not a great portable experience with that battery and not being that small. Personally for older games that can run on either, I would rather see them on 3ds. I want new games on switch, but if a game works the same on either give me the 3ds version.

I agree with the Switch not being the most comfortable handheld, but I would still like to see new games on the Switch at this point.

Neiteio

This is neat news. I imagine that Nintendo will show both Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle at E3. A double dose of Mario RPG goodness before the main course, Super Mario Odyssey.

Maybe the M&L remake will be a key 3DS title this holiday season alongside the unnamed Kirby multiplayer action title?

At any rate, I'm personally interested in this since I adored the original M&L but fell off the bandwagon with the sequel Partners in Time (a good game, but something about the game's aesthetic made me lose interest). I'd love to return to the Bean Bean Kingdom and see how it looks with the updated visuals in Dream Team, assuming that's the plan here.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The only good mario&luigi superstar saga game.
And idiot me kept buying the new ones hoping the would be as good xD

CompC

The only good mario&luigi superstar saga game.
And idiot me kept buying the new ones hoping the would be as good xD

The first three were all pretty good in my opinion. Superstar Saga and Bower's Inside Story were the best.

I can't wait for this. I would love to play this game again.

Top Bottom