• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX found on Nintendo 3DS eShop server

Zalman

All I hope is that it lives up to the original. AlphaDream's recent releases haven't exactly been exciting.

Icon also leaked
QTaslvk.jpg

The final name of the game is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
That's a terrible name

eXistor

Just don't bog it down with unnecessary bullshit. Keep it lean and mean like I remember the original to be.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh no, what the hell does that even mean?

Tom Clancy's Poochy & Mario & Luigi: Superstar Ultra Turbo Hyper HD Remix Saga Deluxe + Bowser's Minions & Knuckles Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series: A Hideo Kojima Game
you forgot a few

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Worst case scenario is that it is just a port with a minigame

The even worse case scenario is that it is a port with ported minigames from Bowser's Inside Story

That's probably what this is.

Crayolan

Superstar Saga originally had the GBA version of Mario Bros as a bonus on the cartridge, so maybe "Bowser's Minions" replaces that and is only attached to the title to let people know that there's something new there.

Yukinari

Real shame cause Inside Story deserves remake treatment as well.

Superstar Saga and Inside Story on the same cart would ship tons of units.

That's a terrible name
I know that is not the European name because the word Bros is missing (all the 3DS M&L games have had the word Bros tacked onto the end of the title). Where could it go though:

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions Bros.
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Bros. + Bowser's Minions
Mario & Bros.: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

I'm left wondering if Bowser's Minions is a separate game included in the package? With the way the icon is split between a Goomba and Mario and Luigi.

Santar

As others have said it's probably just Mario & Luigi + a minigame like Mario Bros were on the original gba version.
Looking forward to the remake though, hope it's a actual remake and not just the gba version untouched as I already have that.

All I hope is that it lives up to the original. AlphaDream's recent release wasn't exactly exciting.

I fixed that for you.

Dream Team was a awesome and creative game that had too much hand holding. People concentrate on the hand holding stuff way too much and are not seeing the other features that Dream Team did great.

Regarding Superstar Saga DX.... Eh... I mean, a remake of the game would generally be exiciting. But the fact that it only comes to 3DS is weird. Why not make it cross gen? I really want a HD Mario&Luigi on the Switch, but I'm not really interested in the pixelated 3DS graphics anymore.

That title though.... Superstar Saga DX sounds way better than + Bowsers Minions. Hope they don't ruin it.

WHAT

INSTANT BUY

Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga is one of the best games of all time. Top three for me and a 10/10 game. I fucking love this.

Thank you Nintendo.

Shiggy

It wasn't? I could have sworn...

These 10 were:
Metroid Fusion
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Wario Land 4
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

Superstar Saga originally had the GBA version of Mario Bros as a bonus on the cartridge, so maybe "Bowser's Minions" replaces that and is only attached to the title to let people know that there's something new there.

This is what I'm thinking.

If that's the case, it's still weird to combine them together like that, but oh well.

These 10 were:
Metroid Fusion
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Wario Land 4
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

This is like a Berenstain situation haha. I could have sworn I've played SSS on my 3DS, but I guess not lol

More specifically, I remember the Mario Bros remake included with it...

Saladinoo

Still have the original Superstar Saga, it was released on my birthday in the UK, I got it with a FLAME RED GBA SP.

They didn't arrive until 2 days after my birthday and they were the longest 2 days of my life.

It's a fantastic game though, well worth bringing back for others to try. Actually I haven't played any of the other M&L games, maybe i should.

VDenter

Banned
Hopefully they in the process of making this realized that this series used to be good. So maybe when they decide to make the next proper entry they wont pad it out completely by filler.

khaaan

Hmm, maybe a remake of the first game with added Bowser moments that plays ala Bowser's Inside Story? I'm excited though, it's by far my favorite and I'm down for anything from a quick and dirty port to a full on re imagining.

I really want this remake. On the other hand, I don't have much faith in that Bowser's minions mini game after playing Paper Jam.

Top Bottom