• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle key art leaked [Up2: 5 more slides, lots of info leak]

Ged

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/05/23/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-confirmed-key-art/

oxp12ahx-998474.jpg
But why

L Thammy

The possibility that I'm holding on is that another universe which this game belongs to collided with this one, creating a temporal bubble. The game will cease to exist in our timeline when the bubble bursts.

I feel like I'm going to end up playing this specifically because it's a bad idea. Like when you have a lemon and you're like "this is going to be horrible but I have to eat this right now".

Steiner

Banned
I couldn't be more excited. Liam has a little more info coming later, so y'all stay tuned. We'll get it up on the site then I'll share here immediately.

The Hermit

Of course the first IMG was a crop of the worst part of the pic.

Still looks bad though. Is this the game that plays like X-com?

Doorman

Not getting why people are freaking out. Isn't that exactly what the Mario and Luigi Rabbid statues looked like in that Ubisoft video last fall?
At least in my case, it's less about the visual design of the rabbid itself, and more that the addition of a flame-painted arm cannon and bedazzled cell phone selfie further drive home the notion that the goal of the rabbids is to be as intentionally obnoxious as possible, and I wouldn't have fun dealing with that throughout a whole game even if the battle system is interesting.

EDarkness

Fair enough. If you're basing it on the rumored game style plus this picture then I can understand where you're coming from.

But I personally just can't comprehend people not liking a particular game 100% due to a character design. That's just not something I can wrap my brain around. Might be a me problem though.

Well, a little confession...I have never been able to get into Bethesda RPGs (Elder Scrolls and the like) because their character models are terrible. I think they make some of the ugliest character models in the business. I spent over an hour trying to make a decent looking character in Oblivion, couldn't do it, and gave up. Sadly, they got my money and I never managed to actually play the game.

Looks like Emily Rogers was at least partially right.

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/

Question: Can you give us more info on the Rabbids game?

I’ll throw you guys one LAST bone.

“Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle” has eight playable characters — including Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi — and they each have their own sci-fi weapons, laser guns, arm cannons, etc. But you don’t control the characters — you control Tuttorio, a small floating dish, to guide them through the worlds. There is also co-op multiplayer.

Neiteio

Really curious to see gameplay, i wonder if its really going to be a proper RPG
Rumors said it's a turn-based strategy RPG where you control a flying saucer character called Tutorio and tell the other eight characters (four Mario, four Rabbids) what to do

I love how quickly the opinions on this turned around haha

Can someone proficient in photoshop please get me an avatar of Bazooka Yoshi?

Also shotgun

cJQKQft.jpg

Well, a little confession...I have never been able to get into Bethesda RPGs (Elder Scrolls and the like) because their character models are terrible. I think they make some of the ugliest character models in the business. I spent over an hour trying to make a decent looking character in Oblivion, couldn't do it, and gave up. Sadly, they got my money and I never managed to actually play the game.

I totally appreciate how that's a problem, but I guess it's just not something that makes sense to me. Especially when it comes to TES characters, since I only really see them for the first 5 minutes of gameplay then never again. Skyrim's character models are a lot better FYI. The animations still suck though.

At first I'm seeing all these "OMG Kill it with fire!" comments and I didn't get it. It's the Rabbids it's supposed to be quirky and weird. That full artwork and logo though, I'm really intrigued now!

Top Bottom