• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle key art leaked [Up2: 5 more slides, lots of info leak]

andytjm

Neo Member
The most famous plumber on the planet can't even stop Ubisoft from leaking.
Seriously though the art looks good.

Plum

Still think that a stylised art-style would have worked out a lot better (Mario Strikers-style art would have been amazing) but this doesn't look too horrible. I'll wait to see in-engine gameplay stuff and the type of comedy in the game before making a full judgement. If Nintendo's allowed Ubisoft to inject the game with a heavy dose of self-awareness it could work.

EDIT: I was one of the, like, three people who played Rabbids Go Home so there is some potential there. Raving Rabbids was just horrible though.

Gsnap

Hope it really does end up being like xcom, but the older leak also said it would focus more on lesser known characters and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Still interested in seeing how it turns out.

Gamekult.fr reported a Yoshi x Rabbids game a bit earlier, though of course that's not exactly correct but likely was the same project. Laura was the first to report the correct title I believe.

Yes, I should've mentioned Gameblog first reported on it as Yoshi + Rabbids, and then LKD clarified it as being a Mario + Rabbids game in general. But half of their report on the Switch was true and half of it turned out false, so they probably had good sources from Ubi and then weaker sources on everything else.

Did I miss a confirmation of turn-based gameplay?

I hope this shit isn't anything like XCoM.

I want it play like Big Pikmin With Projectile Weapons.

jts

...hate me...
Never liked Rabbids and likely won't start now, but that art seems to hit all the right notes and will be a nice shiny lump of coal for the Switch choo-choo train.

About what I pictured when I heard this being described. I like SRPGs so I'm still interested in how this will play and, if it looks interesting, I may get it.

beta_fuse

I like everything about this...except for how Mario himself looks...

something looks really really off about that mario design the face....its not right.

Yeah something seems a little off. His head seems a little smushed and his pupils are looking in different directions lol

Piccoro

Not the first time that Mario uses guns.
yoshis-safari.png

Yoshis Safari 1993.

starmud

I really didn't think this was real...

Is this what it took to bride ubi for switch support? Ubi better bring some bombs to e3 ;(

I partly joke, I've owned most of the rabbids games... I'd buy a mario themed one.

Peléo

The weapons are actually fairly cartoonised. Mario is holding something based om a Bullet Bill, Yoshi is holding a Banana-like cannon and the Rabbid Yoshi had one based on Bowser Jr's mask.

Philippo

Pokémon Stars

YEAH BABY!

She got other games wrong. She's right with some and wrong with others.

Uh...

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

LKD's sources from Nintendo and Ubisoft who mentioned this game to her are the same ones that mentioned SSB4 port, Rayman Legends port, Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Emily Rogers (who dripfed information about the game last month) also mentioned the SSB4 port being a certainty.

Oh well, at least SSB4 and BG&E2 still sounds good.

oti

Banned
Still think that a stylised art-style would have worked out a lot better (Mario Strikers-style art would have been amazing) but this doesn't look too horrible. I'll wait to see in-engine gameplay stuff and the type of comedy in the game before making a full judgement. If Nintendo's allowed Ubisoft to inject the game with a heavy dose of self-awareness it could work.

Ubisoft wants to promote their Rabbids TV show.

I wonder if this cooperation will lead to Nintendo releasing their own Mario TV show. I've been saying this since day one. Mario Odyssey would be absolutely perfect for a TV show.

Effect

After two games hunting ghost Luigi is the only Mario character that looks 100% in his element holding that blaster when it come to that picture. Overall I do like the whole picture. I am actually surprised that Yoshi got Toad's spot though.

BDGAME

It opens up more design space for ranged combat?

Like there's only so much you can do with fire flowers. And there's nothing realistic or grimdark about the weaponry.

You make a game in the an magic world to fulfill it with guns because your team can't be a little more creative? Is that?

And there is a lot more things than fire flowers in Mario universe.

Top Bottom