• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Nintendo Switch $30($24 with GCU) @ BestBuy

Yep, my in store and shipping orders were both cancelled. Man I never get lucky on these price errors. Every single one I manage to get in on gets cancelled

DomLando

My order for in store pick up was canceled as well. I called up Best Buy customer service. They had me place a new order and credited me the difference.

What did you guys say? I called and they refused to honor the price or give me credits lol.

If you complain enough to customer service they usually bend. Not worth it to them to spend an hour with a pissed off customer versus giving you a game for 30 bucks.

How the heck do these types of price errors keep happening?

I understand that mistakes happen, but you'd think that for setting the price on a high-traffic website, there would be some kind of approval chain to stop this kind of thing.

Jake2by4

What did you guys say? I called and they refused to honor the price or give me credits lol.
Talk to 2 reps, one said he would have into it. Second one she was nice. Said that proccessing error wasn't my fault but the system. Asked if she can reinstate the order she said she can't and I told it was on sale but after the cancellation it wasn't any more but what she can do is have me order an new and credit me the difference. YMMV.

basik

Talk to 2 reps, one said he would have into it. Second one she was nice. Said that proccessing error wasn't my fault but the system. Asked if she can reinstate the order she said she can't and I told it was on sale but after the cancellation it wasn't any more but what she can do is have me order an new and credit me the difference. YMMV.

Failed twice...secoond one was gonna honor it until she asked supervisor, said a lot of people were calling about it and refused again.

Jake2by4

Failed twice...secoond one was gonna honor it until she asked supervisor, said a lot of people were calling about it and refused again.
Sorry man, I guess it was important to call early on before people started calling and before BB starting catching on.

Talked to a rep and she said she would adjust the price after I reorder it. So I reordered and she said she would adjust it. Does the price adjustment show up in the order status page?
No it doesn't. You should get a separate email for the difference.

Kintaco

Talked to a rep and she said she would adjust the price after I reorder it. So I reordered and she said she would adjust it. Does the price adjustment show up in the order status page?

bosh

Mine got canceled, talked to a customer service rep earlier this morning (Just to ask why it was canceled) and they put through a new order at the $23.99 (GCU) price. I didn't even have to ask he offered it straight away and was super cool about the entire thing.

Good guy Best Buy rep. He even told me about his favorite coffee

basik

Tried again with online chat, failed again. But they told me there were 3,000 orders for it when it was up.

Kintaco

Oh wow I just realized that the rep credited me $40, but since I have GCU my total was $52.XX after tax, so I'm getting it for $12.XX plus the hat. o_O

DomLando

I just told them that I placed my order last night for in store pick up. I was prepared to go to the store today and woke up to a cancellation email.

I said I am not sure why it would get cancelled. The price was $29.99 and I placed an order. It is not my fault if the price was a mistake or not. She said she understood and told me to place a new order while she was on the phone. After I did, she credited the difference.

You did need to already have an order placed that got canceled. I don't think it would work if you did not. I would also assume, like always with BB customer service, it is hit or miss depending on the rep you get.

basik

I just told them that I placed my order last night for in store pick up. I was prepared to go to the store today and woke up to a cancellation email.

I said I am not sure why it would get cancelled. The price was $29.99 and I placed an order. It is not my fault if the price was a mistake or not. She said she understood and told me to place a new order while she was on the phone. After I did, she credited the difference.

You did need to already have an order placed that got canceled. I don't think it would work if you did not. I would also assume, like always with BB customer service, it is hit or miss depending on the rep you get.

yea I did have a order. I think its dead for everybody now. CS seems to have been told not to honor it for anyone now.

Milennia

i tried to give them a call about the cancellation of my order and the woman on the phone basically had it up on the screen the exact reason for the cancellation being a pricing error on their end, i could tell she was newer because she was kinda just giving me these crazy longwinded and slow answers

i may try again in a bit but as far as i can tell from that interaction whenever they pull up the orders it just says it was an error and to not honor the price

Top Bottom