• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Sonic: 2nd Trailer

Penguin

57371520070924_234136_4_big.jpg

With those looking for Waluigi to be confirmed.

57371520070924_234136_2_big.jpg

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21967_mario-sonic-au-coude-a-coude.html

More here

Haunted

ooooh, nice roster.

Seeing Mario and Sonic on a character selection screen right above/below each other... makes me giddy like a schoolgirl. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
If Sonic's speed doesn't break through his bar and explode off the map into the stratosphere when you highlight his photo then this game needs a retooling!

dyls

57371520070924_234138_8_big.jpg

57371520070924_234136_4_big.jpg

Lol at Sonic's stats. They're pretty accurate but sounds like he will be useless in a lot of events. At least they made him a good deal faster than Mario, and I assume the acceleration stat doesn't reflect the spin dash.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Amir0x said:
If Sonic's speed doesn't break through his bar and explode off the map into the stratosphere when you highlight his photo then this game needs a retooling!

You're thinking of Sonic in his hey-day... this is the shallow husk of Sonic we have now.

That screen appears to be saying that Daisy is fast.

Haunted

Alkaliine said:
Speed, acceleration AND dash? What's the other one? Quickness?
:lol

Mar_ said:
Now that you have pointed it out. I have no idea who that is. My first initial glance just made me think it was one of the crocs from DKC.
It's embarrassing, but same here.

Rlan

Mar_ said:
Now that you have pointed it out. I have no idea who that is. My first initial glance just made me think it was one of the crocs from DKC.

Character from the "Chaotix" team. Looked like this in the original game:

vector.jpg

Now looks like this:

officialvector.png

Showed up in Sonic Heroes as one of the three, and in Shadow as a character following you for a level. We've seen the other Chaotix - Espio & Charmy - in the background. I assumed he was also.

Amir0x

Banned
SuperAndroid17 said:
where the fuck is my donkey kong?

sigh

I don't think they technically consider him part of the direct Mario universe anymore. I think Mario & Sonic here are pretty specifically talking about those from Mushroom Kingdom/Bowser Kingdom vs. those from... whatever they call Sonic's sick and twisted universe.

Amir0x said:
I don't think they technically consider him part of the direct Mario universe anymore. I think Mario & Sonic here are pretty specifically talking about those from Mushroom Kingdom/Bowser Kingdom vs. those from... whatever they call Sonic's sick and twisted universe.

haha , and where does Waluigi fit?

But...Yeah I suppose that makes sense. No DK makes me cry inside.

Amir0x

Banned
SuperAndroid17 said:
haha , and where does Waluigi fit?

not sure! They should expand upon this more.

SuperAndroid17 said:
But...Yeah I suppose that makes sense. No DK makes me cry inside.

Yeah, he would be nice. Actually, I'm more disappointed Toad is not in :(

Rlan

The lack of DK would be more due to having enough Power Characters as it is, and they wanted to balance it out with two Sonic & two Mario characters.

I doubt there are any more avaliable characters, but what they could do is:

Power - Donkey Kong, Big the Cat
AllRound - Birdo, Rouge
Speed - Diddy Kong, Metal Sonic
Skill - Shy Guy, Espio

at least its not as bad as the Mario Party franchise , They completely removed DK for no fucking reason and added him as a star helper. :( Mario party 5-8 that is. Thats why Mario Party 1 is and always will be.. the best Mario Party :D

gimz

when i look at the picture, i can named all the "nintendo" characters, but for "sega" beside Sonic, Tails, Dr.Eggman, i can't remember the others name, or if i ever see them before (i know the red guy, but can't recall his name)

Mar

gimz said:
when i look at the picture, i can named all the "nintendo" characters, but for "sega" beside Sonic, Tails, Dr.Eggman, i can't remember the others name, or if i ever see them before (i know the red guy, but can't recall his name)

Knuckles was awesome and you should burn in hell for not knowing who it is. He could climb walls for god's sake. WALLS!

turk128

It would have been more apt if it this was for the Goodwill Games; Sonic's friends come up lacking compared to Mario's...

Count Dookkake said:
We don't actually know that the action is confined to the real world. I imagine something like that Mario Tennis on GBA could go down. Real world competition starts things off, but then you unlock the Mushroom Kingdom.

Smiles and Cries said:
My point still stands this will not turn into the Mushroom Kingdom Games, its all about the Sega and Nintendo world meeting in Beijing to compete in the Olympics, this is Sega's idea of cashing in on the Wii with its Olympic licence, other Sega Olympic games featuring "Humans" will follow this just before the games kick off in 08 on all platforms

I doubt very much this game's setting will take the action someplace other than Beijing.
There should be no hidden worlds in this game it would defeat the whole point of being licenced thing.

If this game sold like crazy maybe Nintendo and Sega could continue to Team Up for what we could call the Mushroom Kingdom Games.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games update said:
Sega has announced Mii integration in the upcoming Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, allowing you to use your Mii to compete against gaming legends. Along with the Mii integration, Sega has also confirmed four Dream events to be included in the game on top of the extensive lineup of real Olympic events. These take place in colorful, game-inspired stages laced with power-ups and special moves, appeasing the Mario and Sonic purists out there. There's a Dream Race on the Sandhill Race Course, Dream Platform Diving which sounds a bit like Pilot Wings skydiving, Dream Fencing on jungle beach, and Dream Table Tennis in a 'sci-fi wonderland'.

Bu-bu-bu the Olympic license costs so much that they wouldn't waste it on fantasy settings.

Owned.

Count Dookkake said:
Bu-bu-bu the Olympic license costs so much that they wouldn't waste it on fantasy settings.

Owned.

nice bump... I guess this really made your day, now the games has Mario Party mini game whooo wooo

yeah I was wrong Sega found a way

Smiles and Cries said:
nice bump... I guess this really made your day, now the games has Mario Party mini game whooo wooo

yeah I was wrong Sega found a way

Oh, come on. You would have been amused if Sega hadn't "wasted" the license.

It's all in good fun.

Top Bottom