• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Cerny joins Twitter, on 10 day tour with Kojima to explore technology options

CZu15TLWcAAe78_.jpg

Haha, subtle :p

I see exactly what you're talking about. He's covering the name "Dafoe" with his head, thereby showing his disdain for Konami (his greatest foe or "da foe" in modern lingo). The fact that the word is covered with his head is his way of showing this foe of his is out of his head (out of his thoughts). And the fact that he's facing away from it signifies that he's putting his past behind him.

Very sneaky, Mr. Kojima.

Applebite

I see exactly what you're talking about. He's covering the name "Dafoe" with his head, thereby showing his disdain for Konami (his greatest foe or "da foe" in modern lingo). The fact that the word is covered with his head is his way of showing this foe of his is out of his head (out of his thoughts). And the fact that he's facing away from it signifies that he's putting his past behind him.

Very sneaky, Mr. Kojima.
Detective Gaf may have jumped the shark on this one!

He tweeted some beautiful stuff on his japanese account, he seems so happy.

Cant wait for the second season of Tech Riders

Translation from a banned site but I think it's accurate:

“After this studio tour (my advanced technology journey) I felt this:

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”

Science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke said that. (continue)”

“Creating games” using advanced technology, isn’t it like bringing “magic” to the real world? Doesn’t it make the “dream” of “magic” come true for people in the real world? Yet, it’s impossible to create “magic” just by using “technology.”

“The “environment” is essential to draw the ability of “human resources” to use “technology.” The most important thing is leading by tying “technology,” human resources” and “environment” together, the vision (dream) of the studio must be clear. After you have those, for the first time advanced technology becomes “magic.”

“Now the restart has been confirmed. We launch a new studio. We recruit Staff, get an office, build the organization, research the latest technology, take up the challenge to “create new magic.” It might sound like we’re starting from scratch.” (continue)

“However, There’s the support from people all over the world, friends who are sharing this dream, users that cheer for us. So it’s never a restart from zero. We will continue to create cutting edge games like we did for thirty years.”

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Guerrilla seems to have the most fitting engine for a Kojima game.

I think this is what the trip is all about. There could be two outcomes depending on how things go: Kojima gets access to an engine in order to fast track his new IP or Kojima becomes part of Sony proper and gets access to any engine he wants.

Revan

This whole tech tour Kojima-san has been on has been really amazing to follow and read about - and him getting tweeted to by third parties and even an airline really shows how much of a rockstar persona he has made and cultivated for himself.

I really can't wait to see what's gonna be next from Kojima-san and co.

Makes me wonder what SIE thinks about having locked down KojiPro for at least one exclusive title for the PS4 - House and co. have got to be excited about this - so far it seems like they are treating Kojima-san like a god lol.

This whole tech tour Kojima-san has been on has been really amazing to follow and read about - and him getting tweeted to by third parties and even an airline really shows how much of a rockstar persona he has made and cultivated for himself.

I really can't wait to see what's gonna be next from Kojima-san and co.

Makes me wonder what SIE thinks about having locked down KojiPro for at least one exclusive title for the PS4 - House and co. have got to be excited about this - so far it seems like they are treating Kojima-san like a god lol.

They're trying to compensate for everything that Konami did to him in the past year.

MrFatCat

Banned

Not like a god, but a decent human being (and a respected games creator).

tr00per

It's been said better by many others in this thread but I'm so glad that they took this tour together and that Kojima has received so much love. And again I would pay to see footage of their adventures.

I couldn’t imagine going about my business and then my boss coming in to tell me that Cerny and Kojima want to see what I've been working on. I can't wait to see what Kojima does next (and put me in the VR Silent Hill revival crowd).

I wouldn't be surprised to see KojiPro adopt PhyreEngine. It's free for any game coming to a PlayStation platform, and it can target Windows too. Also, the source is available, and developers are free to modify the existing code, and use it in whole or in part.

So Hideo gets a free engine, and the only restriction is that he uses it to make PlayStation games, which I doubt he'll see as much of a restriction, and he's free to target Windows as he pleases. Even better though, he's free to modify the engine any way he sees fit, and he's got the best minds of his PlayStation Family happy to help him do so, because a) Hideo is family, and b) as such, any worthwhile improvements he helps make will likely be rolled back in to PhyreEngine anyway.

So basically, KojiPro can start with PhyreEngine, and if they choose, gradually evolve it in to Fox Engine 2 or whatever.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Good good. Something most definitely is happening. It'll be a while before we see the fruits of their labor though.

Top Bottom