• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Cerny suggests Knack 2 could happen

Azric

Banned
I honestly don't think Mark Cerny had a lot of involvement with the game. Whenever he spoke of it in interviews, he'd always talk about the JP studios team, and how they are doing.. As if he were not involved much. He needs to oversee a potential sequel much closer; Because Knack 1 was very mediocre.

Knack is a good game.

It seems as a launch title people expected more.

Its a challenging game. In fact its fuckin hard.

I would buy it.

I wonder if any of the people complaining actually played Knack.

I found Knack to be fun for what it was and even if it wasn't your cup of tea it was in no way offensive.

I agree, only thing it was not good is combat that was very simple and little hard taking more time which can be fixed in a sequel and other issues to a better game.

spats

I really wouldn't mind a new Knack. The first one had its fair share of flaws, but I really enjoyed it anyway.

Seik

Banned
Knack is a good game.

It seems as a launch title people expected more.

Its a challenging game. In fact its fuckin hard.

I would buy it.

It's actually challenging?

I still have my sealed copy here. I feared it would be too easy because it seemed more children focused.

Tenki

i really wish people would stop saying this
don't give sony any wrong ideas
if you people wanna play knack just fucking buy it, don't ruin it for the rest of us who would rather our ps plus money go towards actual good games

Well, PS4 Plus has been shit for months, so Knack would fit it well.

Ramza

Banned
People give Knack shit, but it's not that bad. I just think people wanted more of a platformer.

It's actually challenging?

I still have my sealed copy here. I feared it would be too easy because it seemed more children focused.

Put it on hard. It's, like, two hits and dead on hard sometimes.

No thank you

I think people that say they liked the game were just hyped about a launch game. The game is genuinely bad.
Actually I enjoyed the game. It wasn't "genuinely bad", whatever the fuck that actually even means. It was a rushed, mediocre game. But it can be great if they take their time on a sequel.

Eh, Knack wasn't anywhere near as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. I had fun playing it. Girlfriend had fun unlocking things for me on the puzzle app. Just give it a bit more of an identity in a sequel; the first game couldn't decide whether it was a brawler or a platformer. Make the "powers" mean more. They were on rails.Give players a sense of choice in how to progress through an area. This franchise has the potential to be a more challenging Kirby if it's done right.

Mr-Joker

Banned
"One of the projects I’m trying to kick off is a so-called 'indie title'. It won’t really be an indie title because it’ll be fully funded,

What the hell is this statement meant to mean?

I would say no to anoth Knack 2 buuut it isn't like Sony is forcing me to buy it, so I am coool.

My real question is, could to be the DKC2 to the DKC1 that Knack was?

Probably if they would have to get rid of the dull combat, make Knack a platfromer and dial the story down to zero.

Not sure if Mario could take another beating like that

Didn't Mario 3D World eventually outsell Knack?

Use the money to buy the CRASH IP back from Activision.
SERIOUSLY!

Bring the lost son back home, SONY!

Sony can't afford to buy Crash from Activision nor do they care.

Knack has potential, I wouldn't mind a more polished sequel. Honestly, it's not as terrible as it's made out to be. It's kind of like the PS4's Ryse.

I was onboard the Knack cynic train until I played it. It was fun. I would like to see a sequel in a few years.

FYI: Playing the Knack mobile game to unlock parts added a lot to the game for me.)

Z3M0G

YES PLEASE

My GF wanted a full proper Knack of her own as we were playing together. Make that happen somehow following the same rules of the first game... simply require both players to be dead at once for a game over, and a dead player would respawn after 10 seconds or so.

Female Knack would have a lot of appeal I believe... meeting another of his own kind, etc.

Seriously, this is one of the best "Couples" video games I've played in YEARS. We had a blast all the way through... challenging enough for me, accessible enough for her. I want MORE.

And expand on the treasure collecting aspect even further. It is a BRILLIANT concept, that I wish more games would borrow from this one!

I hope so. The original was a really solid game. I think a lot of people had too much hype or expectations for it.

It wasn't solid at all, it was a better looking version of The Legend of Spyro, Cerny put no real gameplay or originality in the project whatsoever.

Why would you even think about trying this again. It's clear the game could not and did not sell on its own.

Camjo-Z

Knack 2 would be awesome. I want to see bigger, less linear levels with more of an emphasis on getting bigger like in Katamari.

PSOreo

Never played Knack or had the desire to pick it up even at the budget price. I can see this being a PS+ title in the foreseeable future.

Would anyone change my mind or recommend me picking it up? Or is Tomb Raider safer?

Never played Knack or had the desire to pick it up even at the budget price. I can see this being a PS+ title in the foreseeable future.

Would anyone change my mind or recommend me picking it up? Or is Tomb Raider safer?

Tomb Raider is much better game so get that. Like you said, Knack will probably hit PS+, just wait.

Dunlop

Tomb Raider by a bajillion miles

smh look at what you guys have done with your "Knack outselling Mario 3D world" talk in those threads.

Cerny look, don't do this. Tell SCEJ to make a PS4 Ape Escape kay.

RE_Player

Tomb Raider is safer. I would say right now wait for Knack to go free on Plus or if you can find a copy for $20. Its a good game just not worth full price.

krae_man

Hard as fuck. Shit checkpoints. Fucking random parts and Diamonds.

I'd buy a new one. It's the only game me and my girlfriend played together at launch and she genuinely enjoyed it enough to beat it herself. I even beat it twice. Fix that stuff Cerny God and we're all in.

With the exception of Diamonds, everything else was easy to collect with a decent number of friends playing the game.

Game was hard as balls but not in an unfair way.

Top Bottom