• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Rein teases Unreal Tournament comeback, [More Today]

return of UT?
will-smith-o.gif

I've been waiting for another UT game for years now. hype!

EDIT: how about Epic actually marketing this game on consoles if this turns out to be true. UT3 was left for dead on PS3 and Xbox360, especially with the Xbox360 version launching right before Halo 3 and CoD4 Modern Warfare.

RC

Banned
A true sequel to UT2004 or a remake of it would be amazing. It'd be the last FPS I'd need for the rest of my life.

KingJ2002

UT4... it's only right. with the debut of UE4.. will probably look amazing.

day one if it plays as well as it looks.

Calling it now: free to play + PC exclusive.

I'd be okay with that. Unreal tournament was so much fun back in the day. I'd always sawn easy bots, go to that one map where there are some of kind low-angle bridges/ways and snipe the bots from above. I don't know why but it was very soothing.

K3v1

Neo Member
Awesome! I really really hope they don't fuck this up. This could reignite my passion for FPS that I've lost for quite a while now I think.

Edit: I totally forgot about them saying there will be no UT in the near future. Still wondering what they are talking about. As long as it's an awesome and fast twitch shooter with great movement on PC I'm in.

Reese-015

Ut was never abt the gfx. The latter pretty uts were pretty substandard. If anything do a pretty makeover update to ut'99 and call it a day.

I thought UT's graphics were always pretty damn amazing. UT3 STILL looks fucking AWESOME to this day imo.

FYC

Banned
JUST MAKE UNREAL '04 F2P. THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.

PUT THAT SHIT ON STEAM

Yeah I think this is pretty damn important. I would imagine Quake Live would see a significant boost if they ever brought it to Steam(which is apparently possible now that it's no longer browser-based).

The original was the first ever game I played online. Loved it.

Am somewhat ashamed to admit the first game I joined has a funny story...

Was typing and giving orders to my teammates and one of them said 'Got it'. Was thinking how cool it was to interact with other gamers online.

Took me 15 minutes or so to realize I was the only human in the game and it filled the spots with bots :p

But yeah after that, I played for nearly a year. Amazing experience. I actually like 2003 the best (lightning gun!) and hated the one's that opened the maps up and added vehicles.

Also loved the modding, being able to play as any character imaginable on PC.

Top Bottom