• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after seeing the Thor post credits scene, I've started wondering.

Is GOTG going to be the most full on completely insane mainstream film ever?

Dude. If Guardians is successful, ooooh boy.

Things are going to get effing INSANE in the next ten years for superhero movies.

DC and Marvel will be trying to bring every D and C list superhero to the mainstream at that point.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Beta Ray Bill would make so much sense when you think about Guardians of the Galaxy and how to Thor is very much linked to the galactic stuff.

I would really love to see him.

Beta Ray would be exciting. Perhaps one day we will get Frog Thor.

jax

Banned
Has the GOTG Comic Con 2013 Trailer shown up anywhere online yet? I saw it in Hall H ... but they only show it like twice and then it's gone forever. :( I wanna dissect it for clues.

TDLink

Has the GOTG Comic Con 2013 Trailer shown up anywhere online yet? I saw it in Hall H ... but they only show it like twice and then it's gone forever. :( I wanna dissect it for clues.

It was leaked online a couple of months ago but I think it has been since taken down. It definitely is looking good and I'm extremely excited to see a direct feed high quality trailer. Probably have to wait for the Super Bowl for it though.

Neoxon

It was leaked online a couple of months ago but I think it has been since taken down. It definitely is looking good and I'm extremely excited to see a direct feed high quality trailer. Probably have to wait for the Super Bowl for it though.
And the wait for that will be painful.

duckroll

is Winter Soldier turning into Shield vs Cap? or just bad guys infiltrated Shield

I think it'll be the latter. It'll certainly make Cap question the way Shield does things, but in the end he'll probably reluctantly realize that they're all on the same side and the more extreme factions in the organization are not representative of the whole.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Reposting what I posted in the Thor 2 spoiler thread:

Wait a sec, did I miss it or did everyone else realize that it was probably Loki, as Odin, who sent Sif and the other dude to bring the Aether stone to the Collector? Am I wrong?

Dai101

Banned

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

TDLink

Wait a sec, did I miss it or did everyone else realize that it was probably Loki, as Odin, who sent Sif and the other dude to bring the Aether stone to the Collector? Am I wrong?

This is my hunch as well.

Oh my god, that Cap 2 5min footage... !!!! SO HYPE!!! Its basically what/how I wanted them to potray Cap fighting in the original movie and in the Avengers. SO GOOD!

54-46!

It's so obvious now that you point it out haha, why didn't I think of that..

New GOTG promo art:

4ziz.jpg

This artwork is real, it's on Marvel's asset portal. A lot of funky artwork there.

Showaddy

For anyone who's seen Thor 2's mid-credit scene, that big yellow/green bulbous cocoon thing in the background with the wires and tubes coming out of it looks a lot like one of Adam Warlock's Cocoons doesn't it?

LhQWQt9.png

It really does. I think it's a pretty clear tease but I don't think we're going to get Adam Warlock in the first GotG movie. The cast is already insane...

Safe bet for sequel though.

That scene had me scanning every inch of screen space for obscure references and teases.

Showaddy

It really does. I think it's a pretty clear tease but I don't think we're going to get Adam Warlock in the first GotG movie. The cast is already insane...

Safe bet for sequel though.

That scene had me scanning every inch of screen space for obscure references and teases.

Oh of course Adam Warlock's a whole films worth of material himself, now way he'd be in Gurdians 1 in any meaningful way. It's an interesting way to introduce Adam to the Guardians though if they accidentally free him whilst they're dealing with The Collector.

Ponn

Banned

holy crap I missed that GoTG trailer. I'm more psyched for this movie now than ever. I'm really hoping it does well and the general audience can get into the craziness that is cosmic marvel.

Man with Ultron in Avengers 2 I would have a heart attack if they split cosmic marvel into a super movie after that and did Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (both of them basically covering Annihilation) then finally Annihilation Conquest as a full fledged cast movie.

J10

Banned
If they get Adam Warlock and Nova going by the end of Phase 3, the end of Phase 4 should be Annihilation. And they need to get Inhumans going at some point too. Fuck. There's too much potential for greatness. We need three movies a year.

TDLink

holy crap I missed that GoTG trailer. I'm more psyched for this movie now than ever. I'm really hoping it does well and the general audience can get into the craziness that is cosmic marvel.

Man with Ultron in Avengers 2 I would have a heart attack if they split cosmic marvel into a super movie after that and did Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (both of them basically covering Annihilation) then finally Annihilation Conquest as a full fledged cast movie.

If they get Adam Warlock and Nova going by the end of Phase 3, the end of Phase 4 should be Annihilation. And they need to get Inhumans going at some point too. Fuck. There's too much potential for greatness. We need three movies a year.

An Annihilation movie is my dream wish. I think if they do it they will present it as Nova's movie though, rather than give him a separate movie. They are already establishing the Nova Corps in GotG.

I am hoping we see two cosmic films in Phase 3: Annihilation (Nova) followed by GotG 2 (Annihilation Conquest). With them setting up Ultron in Phase 2 it only makes sense to build on that with GotG 2.

Following Avengers 3 (Infinity Gauntlet) we can then also get The Thanos Imperative as the big end of Phase 4 movie instead of Avengers 4 (which I think is unlikely), with a GotG 3 (Adam Magus maybe) in between Avengers 3 and the end of Phase 4.

Feige has said he has movies planned through 2021 (which would be Phase 4), I think (and hope) this is his plan.

I'm also pretty sure they will go to 3 movies a year at some point in Phase 3. There's just too much they want to do.

Ponn

Banned
An Annihilation movie is my dream wish. I think if they do it they will present it as Nova's movie though, rather than give him a separate movie. They are already establishing the Nova Corps in GotG.

I am hoping we see two cosmic films in Phase 3: Annihilation (Nova) followed by GotG 2 (Annihilation Conquest). With them setting up Ultron in Phase 2 it only makes sense to build on that with GotG 2.

Following Avengers 3 (Infinity Gauntlet) we can then also get The Thanos Imperative as the big end of Phase 4 movie instead of Avengers 4 (which I think is unlikely), with a GotG 3 (Adam Magus maybe) in between Avengers 3 and the end of Phase 4.

Feige has said he has movies planned through 2021 (which would be Phase 4), I think (and hope) this is his plan.

I'm also pretty sure they will go to 3 movies a year at some point in Phase 3. There's just too much they want to do.

HAHAHAHAH...oh shit, I just imagined a giant (Thanos Imperative spoiler)
Cthullu Zombie Galactus Train
on the big screen. I really don't think the general masses could accept the pure unadulterated awesomeness of such a scene.

TDLink

HAHAHAHAH...oh shit, I just imagined a giant (Thanos Imperative spoiler)
Cthullu Zombie Galactus Train
on the big screen. I really don't think the general masses could accept the pure unadulterated awesomeness of such a scene.

Well unless they get the property back they wouldn't be able to use that part. But they could replace it with equally cool things.

J10

Banned

Annihilation as Nova's movie makes sense. Cap and Thor still have to finish out their trilogies, plus there's still the remote possibility of another Hulk movie. Dr. Strange keeps getting brought up. And there are still earth bound heroes I wanna see in their own movies as well, namely Black Panther and Ms. Marvel. Some of the cosmic stuff could be offloaded to TV, now that we know they're willing to do that. Inhumans would be great as series.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

An annihilation film...... Dear God please let me live long enough to see that movie.

Ponn

Banned
Annihilation as Nova's movie makes sense. Cap and Thor still have to finish out their trilogies, plus there's still the remote possibility of another Hulk movie. Dr. Strange keeps getting brought up. And there are still earth bound heroes I wanna see in their own movies as well, namely Black Panther and Ms. Marvel. Some of the cosmic stuff could be offloaded to TV, now that we know they're willing to do that. Inhumans would be great as series.

I've said this before but a Joss Whedon Guardians of the Galaxy tv series would be awesome. My only request would have to be those confessional room snippets in each episode.

J10

Banned
I've said this before but a Joss Whedon Guardians of the Galaxy tv series would be awesome. My only request would have to be those confessional room snippets in each episode.

I was thinking the same thing about the confessionals. I hope to god they put some of that in the movie. Some of the funniest shit comes out of those panels.

TDLink

The problem with cosmic on TV is the budget would be a lot smaller. Street Level Marvel really is the best fit for TV, which is why I'm really happy to see what they're doing with Netflix.

Like you said, Phase 3 is looking pretty full. That is why I think they will start doing 3 a year. I think it's probably going to break down something like this for Phase 3:

Ant Man

Doctor Strange
Thor 3 or Captain America 3

Black Panther
Captain America 3 or Thor 3
Nova/Annihilation

Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Avengers 3

Based on rumours I find another standalone Hulk movie somewhat unlikely, even though they said they want to do it. If it did happen though I expect they would just have another movie in 2016 though.

Using the past releases as reference I think we can expect the normal release dates for these movies to be first weekend of May, late July/first weekend in August, and November. Captain America 2 is the one film defying that pattern though.

Now that it's going to be a movie I doubt they will do a GotG TV series.

Elizabeth Olsen confirmed her and Aaron Johnson for Avengers Age of Ultron.

Pretty sure it's been confirmed for a while. Today was just the first time she personally said it.

I am never asking for help in a comic shop ever again. I just wanted to find the start of the whole modern cosmic Marvel stuff, ie. Annihilation, as prep for GotG and stuff, but the dood went on for like 20 minutes after pretty much saying they didn't have it.

I only just managed to get lunch and get back to work in time.

J10

Banned
I am never asking for help in a comic shop ever again. I just wanted to find the start of the whole modern cosmic Marvel stuff, ie. Annihilation, as prep for GotG and stuff, but the dood went on for like 20 minutes after pretty much saying they didn't have it.

I only just managed to get lunch and get back to work in time.

This has been posted in multiple threads many times over.

Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest will consume you. You can see that Nova and GotG spans all of these events - those are must reads in my opinion, along with the core miniseries for each event.

This has been posted in multiple threads many times over.

Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest will consume you. You can see that Nova and GotG spans all of these events - those are must reads in my opinion, along with the core miniseries for each event.

That's what inspired me to go. I was just looking for an Annihilation TPB or back issues or something, I thought he'd be helpful D:

And I just looked up the Annihilation TPB on Amazon. THERE'S EXPENSIVE. nope.gif

That's what inspired me to go. I was just looking for an Annihilation TPB or back issues or something, I thought he'd be helpful D:

And I just looked up the Annihilation TPB on Amazon. THERE'S EXPENSIVE. nope.gif

Yeah, they've been out of print for a while. The digital collections are still available though. That is the only way I was able to read them.

Fox pushes back release date for Fantastic Four from Spring 2015 to June 19th, 2015.

What's the deadline for Fox to release a FF film before the rights revert to Marvel/Disney?

It only needs to be in production. If I remember right, they have 7 years between films (from release to production) which would mean they need to be filming before the end of next year (Rise of the Silver Surfer was released in 2007).

EDIT: Actually I think it needs to be filming by June of next year since Rise was released in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom