• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy to think that Marvel Studios has three movies in post-production right now and is filming three new ones with overlapping casts.

Then you have the TV/ABC/Netflix/etc. side with Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher, Inhumans, SHIELD, Cloak & Dagger, Runaways...

rejoice.png

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's crazy to think that Marvel Studios has three movies in post-production right now and is filming three new ones with overlapping casts.

Then you have the TV/ABC/Netflix/etc. side with Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher, Inhumans, SHIELD, Cloak & Dagger, Runaways...

rejoice.png

latest

Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed that the post-credits tease in Iron Man would end up delivering on its promise in such a big way.

Neoxon

rejoice.png
We are truly blessed.

BLACKLAC

Probably the scariest thing about Marvel Studios is they are quickly getting to the point (or are already there) where they have so many blockbuster franchises that they let ideas for sequels sharpen for 3 years before going into production, they can let ideas for new franchises gestate for even longer before pulling the trigger and going into production. All while still releasing 2 or 3 films a year.....

Probably the scariest thing about Marvel Studios is they are quickly getting to the point (or are already there) where they have so many blockbuster franchises that they let ideas for sequels sharpen for 3 years before going into production, they can let ideas for new franchises gestate for even longer before pulling the trigger and going into production. All while still releasing 2 or 3 films a year.....
That's good, if anything, lest you want another Iron Man 2 on your hands.

That's why I like the Marvel TV structure the way it is because. with 5 shows and a recurring mini-series, each show now has two years to write and plan, meaning we avoid shit like DD S2 which was really uneven. I'm expecting great things from Jessica Jones and Luke Cage now because they now have more time to really dig in and mold their seasons.

When applied to Studios, it now means we stand a better chance of actually getting phenomenal scripts for movies and I hope it implies they break out of the generic Marvel movie tropes that have been haunting them.

SpaceWolf

Banned

This is a good thing.

Pachimari

I'm curious if we'll get any casting announcements for Runaways within the next two weeks. Is it Hulu? They probably won't say much until the release.

And I also wonder who will be in that huge Black Panther chase...

I read it as scary for everyone else. Is there another production company the size of Marvel Studios releasing 2-3 movies a year with a $500m baseline?

Marvel Studios is less than 50 people, afaik.

Marvel basically puts together a new production crew for each of their movies and hires them under a subsidiary LLC created specifically for each movie. So the Marvel Studios entity itself is probably just mostly business and administrative staff and that's why there are only 50 or less employees.

IHaveIce

Banned
so happy how Mantis turned out, still not happy with Taserface and Ayesha getting big spotlights, eventhough there are so many cool characters that could work in GotG

Pachimari

Mantis is my number one just because of Pom Klementieff. She's so nice. Scarlet Witch will have to make room and jump down a place.

Winter Soldier post-credit scene with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver was probably the hypest for me.

Who knew Whedon would shit on the latter from a great height?

The Kree

Banned
Winter Soldier post-credit scene with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver was probably the hypest for me.

Who knew Whedon would shit on the latter from a great height?

He went out a hero saving the guy Whedon spent two hours convincing the audience was gonna die. How is that shitting on him?

BLACKLAC

For being essentially a side character, MCU Quicksilver having an actual character arc in AoU especially when compared to Fox Quicksilver's 0 character arc in 2 x-men movies, is not shitting on the character. Even if I'm not the biggest fan of him dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom