• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZENDAYA SAYS HER SPIDER-MAN CHARACTER IS ‘100 PERCENT’ MICHELLE, NOT MARY JANE

OTOH, Marian Cottiard denied she was Talia in TDKR till the very end.

nI5pUO7.gif

Pachimari

I'm starting to believe she isn't Mary Jane, or that we at least won't even get such a reveal in this movie. Maybe for Homecoming 2, but yeah.

ZENDAYA SAYS HER SPIDER-MAN CHARACTER IS ‘100 PERCENT' MICHELLE, NOT MARY JANE

OTOH, Marian Cottiard denied she was Talia in TDKR till the very end.

On the one hand Liz is Peter's love interest in Homecoming and from that second trailer
she's clearly going in for a kiss at the Homecoming dance, so they're probably going to be together at the end of Homecoming. I know a lot of people are expecting them to end the movie with the "Face it tiger..." line but I think that's out of the question.
Also looks like they're adding Gwen Stacy given how Angourie Rice is dressed in the trailer, so that's 2 of Peter's love interests in the first movie. Seems weird to also throw MJ into the mix at this point.

On the other hand...

If she is going to be 'Michelle Jane' I think it's a good bet that she'll just be known as 'Michelle' in Homecoming and the reveal will come in one of the sequels.

Yeah, I'm more inclined to think it'll be Michelle Jane/Joan/Joanne/Juana/Jessica/etc... to get the MJ nickname than to think that the Michelle name is a fake or code name at this point.

As far as Peter's other love interests... they don't really matter in the long run. Liz and Gwen have their places but general audiences know MJ so MJ will always play a bigger role, even if that role isn't coupled with Peter.

Edit: I should say, until Sony spins off Spiderverse and we get a Spider Gwen.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I mean, hey, if her character really isn't the character we know as Mary Jane, whatever. I couldn't care less because I'll still be so. f-ing. excited. about Zendaya being in the movie either way.

But Mary and Michelle are both two syllables. It might be easy enough to change the audio of it in ADR. And/Or this:

Yeah, I'm more inclined to think it'll be Michelle Jane/Joan/Joanne/Juana/Jessica/etc... to get the MJ nickname than to think that the Michelle name is a fake or code name at this point.

Pachimari

Tom Holland on who he would like to face off against in a Spider-Man sequel:

Holland: There's so many good villains, I really like Mysterio, I like Kraven. I really like the clone saga. I think it could be really cool if Peter, or Spider-Man has to fight people with the same powers as him. Spiderwoman's super cool... I think she's called SpiderGirl who is his clone. They kind of like hit it off and they take their masks off and they're like... [shocked look] What the hell! They're like the same person, but she's just a girl. I think that's really cool.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as I keep seeing FF rumors. James Gunn just shut that down like Negan did with Lucille.

http://imgur.com/Zp31gR1
http://i.imgur.com/qCTyhhQ.jpg

Interesting to note that Marvel already co-owned Ego prior to the deal for Negasonic. Not sure why they didn't try to get a character (either to co own or fully own) that they didn't own as opposed to fully owning Ego.

Rocketwinking.gif?

...nah, the dream is dead again. sigh

I dont see a DC Thread, the only thread that indicates to be a DC Movie thread is full of Marvel Talk once again.

I think you're seeing what you want to see. People are shooting the shit about various comic movies. Marvel, DC, Fox, etc. It's like, just because you've got fanboys posting box office estimates here, doesn't make this a thread full of DC talk.

Posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as I keep seeing FF rumors. James Gunn just shut that down like Negan did with Lucille.

http://imgur.com/Zp31gR1
http://i.imgur.com/qCTyhhQ.jpg

Interesting to note that Marvel already co-owned Ego prior to the deal for Negasonic. Not sure why they didn't try to get a character (either to co own or fully own) that they didn't own as opposed to fully owning Ego.

Maybe they tried and couldn't. I mean, even in Deadpool they weren't allowed to call the obvious helicarrier a helicarrier because Marvel owns the full rights.

I wish they played nicer with one another. Having to dance around the right limitations and whatnot. I get Fox not wanting Fantastic 4 or Doom in Marvel Studios movies, but some of the extended cosmic characters, worlds, and species should be shared. I know the skrulls are co-owned, and it's easy to imagine them being important for post-Thanos plot lines. Kang and the Shi'ar are under Fox. I believe Death is under Marvel Studios, but it'd be fun to see her in Deadpool; plus the fairly obvious jokes with Josh Brolin playing both Thanos and Cable.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think you're seeing what you want to see. People are shooting the shit about various comic movies. Marvel, DC, Fox, etc. It's like, just because you've got fanboys posting box office estimates here, doesn't make this a thread full of DC talk.
Guess Gordon Shumways regular joke about the DCEU Thread talking only about Marvel stuff all the time is something he just wants to see then ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe they tried and couldn't. I mean, even in Deadpool they weren't allowed to call the obvious helicarrier a helicarrier because Marvel owns the full rights.

I wish they played nicer with one another. Having to dance around the right limitations and whatnot. I get Fox not wanting Fantastic 4 or Doom in Marvel Studios movies, but some of the extended cosmic characters, worlds, and species should be shared. I know the skrulls are co-owned, and it's easy to imagine them being important for post-Thanos plot lines. Kang and the Shi'ar are under Fox. I believe Death is under Marvel Studios, but it'd be fun to see her in Deadpool; plus the fairly obvious jokes with Josh Brolin playing both Thanos and Cable.

Then I think they shouldn't have allowed Fox to change Negasonic's power. I mean, they didn't really get anything that they didn't have before, and Fox was the one who came to the table for the deal.

Guess Gordon Shumways regular joke about the DCEU Thread talking only about Marvel stuff all the time is something he just wants to see then ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You'd have to ask him.

Then I think they shouldn't have allowed Fox to change Negasonic's power. I mean, they didn't really get anything that they didn't have before, and Fox was the one who came to the table for the deal.

As I understand it, Fox owns Negasonic and just needed Marvel's permission to change her power. So it's similarly a half step. Marvel Studios flat out saying no would meant no Ego and a potentially strained relationship. Had Marvel argued to get Doom for changing Negasonic's powers, I can't see anyone taking that deal. Fox probably would've used another character instead of Negasonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom