• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it, Fox owns Negasonic and just needed Marvel's permission to change her power. So it's similarly a half step. Marvel Studios flat out saying no would meant no Ego and a potentially strained relationship. Had Marvel argued to get Doom for changing Negasonic's powers, I can't see anyone taking that deal. Fox probably would've used another character instead of Negasonic.

As per James Gunn's comments I posted above, Marvel co-owned Ego, so that means they could have still use Ego (and Fox could have used him in the future). They should have tried to co-own or fully own a character they didn't before like Galactus or SS.

Gleethor

Posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as I keep seeing FF rumors. James Gunn just shut that down like Negan did with Lucille.

http://imgur.com/Zp31gR1
http://i.imgur.com/qCTyhhQ.jpg

Interesting to note that Marvel already co-owned Ego prior to the deal for Negasonic. Not sure why they didn't try to get a character (either to co own or fully own) that they didn't own as opposed to fully owning Ego.

It's crazy that he's allowed to say as much as he does, but I'm happy for the transparency.

also, heard you guys need posts so whatup, grats on almost-OT3

Something isn't clicking about Homecoming for me. Like after Guardians beautiful cinematography, and the visuals of Strange it just looks dull and kinda been there done that. My hype has been going down ever since the 2nd trailer.

Tom Holland still the goat tho.

I want Norman interacting with Tony Stark. Can be a cameo or a easter egg or just a name drop. I would love to see him set up and have the big fight in the third movie.

A Matthew Mcaunaughey Dark Reign film where he takes over the Fallen Triskelion, and slowly gains influence over the United states, AND he uses the Sovokia Accords to take out anyone in his way?

AND he assembles the Thunderbolts with Songbird, Moonstone, Bullseye, Venom etc
AND he forms the Cabal? Make that shit Rated R and sign me up.

Imagine Winter Soldier mixed with House of Cards where the new VP who took over after Iron Man 3 Answers to Osborn and Norman enacts Amendment 25 from the constitution.:whew:.
skip1.png
skip1.png

jph139

Glad to know they're laying those connections down. Ever since seeing Goldblum in costume I've been dying for a Contest of Champions adaptation. Maybe sort of a hybrid of that and Secret Wars for the next big event movie...

Glad to know they're laying those connections down. Ever since seeing Goldblum in costume I've been dying for a Contest of Champions adaptation. Maybe sort of a hybrid of that and Secret Wars for the next big event movie...

Who would be a good Molecule Man? Does FOX own him?

Pachimari

That is one bloody nice box. Congrats on it!

The store here in my country had a 50% sale on all MCU blurays last weekend. Contemplated jumping on it but decided I could wait.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i dont post in here much for fear of spoilers but i finally bit the bullet and bought every MCU movie on itunes

feels good man

IHaveIce

Banned
It's been confirmed Diamondback is back for Season 2 of Luke Cage.

Welp.

Luke Cage was for me even more boring than Iron Fist and I didn't care for the plot at all.. Diamondback was so stupid at the end... so this news basically confirms the second season will not be better for me

Pachimari

"Electronic music innovator, jazz artist and prolific film and television composer" Mark Isham has confirmed on his Instagram that he is going to compose the score for Cloak and Dagger. He's done music for Crash, A River Runs Through It, Bobby, and The Black Dahlia. As well as TV shows like Once Upon a Time, American Crime and Blood & Oil.

I dont like all the talk about the end of Phases.

I really liked the concept.

Honestly, though, it made sense in the beginning when they had to do origins for everyone, because they were just starting, and nobody really knew if a big crossover was something that would even be feasible in cinema. That's not really a worry any more.

They then tried the same setup leading up to age of ultron.... which ended up being one of the weaker phase 2 movies (I'll let gaf argue over which is worst out of Dark World, IM3 and AoU), and then immediately followed up by a much better crossover the next year in Civil War.

Now we've got crossovers willy nilly with Civil War, Ironman being in Spiderman, Hulk and Strange in Thor Raganarok, infinity war being a two parter...

Ultron being a dud together with crossovers all over the place as necessary rather than as "bunch of solo films + big crossover event every few years" being called a phase, yeah, I think it's fair to say the phase idea is dead.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Honestly, though, it made sense in the beginning when they had to do origins for everyone, because they were just starting, and nobody really knew if a big crossover was something that would even be feasible in cinema. That's not really a worry any more.

They then tried the same setup leading up to age of ultron.... which ended up being one of the weaker phase 2 movies (I'll let gaf argue over which is worst out of Dark World, IM3 and AoU), and then immediately followed up by a much better crossover the next year in Civil War.

Now we've got crossovers willy nilly with Civil War, Ironman being in Spiderman, Hulk and Strange in Thor Raganarok, infinity war being a two parter...

Ultron being a dud together with crossovers all over the place as necessary rather than as "bunch of solo films + big crossover event every few years" being called a phase, yeah, I think it's fair to say the phase idea is dead.

same - it feels much more organic and I love the idea of these characters constantly interacting with each other vs the initial "phases" concept

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My issue is more the lack of an forward going narrative. I dont need a team up in every movie, here I agree.
I would like to see the shared, ongoing narrative beeing kept along. The only movie I want to breaking out of this is another Word War 2 movie with Captain America.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
In my headcanon, Civil War was the culmination of Phase 2, with Doctor Strange kicking off Phase 3. I think it makes much more sense that way.

Vic_Viper

A Matthew Mcaunaughey Dark Reign film where he takes over the Fallen Triskelion, and slowly gains influence over the United states, AND he uses the Sovokia Accords to take out anyone in his way?

AND he assembles the Thunderbolts with Songbird, Moonstone, Bullseye, Venom etc
AND he forms the Cabal? Make that shit Rated R and sign me up.

Imagine Winter Soldier mixed with House of Cards where the new VP who took over after Iron Man 3 Answers to Osborn and Norman enacts Amendment 25 from the constitution.:whew:.

Holy Crap I need this right now! Awesome casting also! The one thing Marvel has been lacking is a great villan and Dark Reign Osborn would be perfect.

My issue is more the lack of an forward going narrative. I dont need a team up in every movie, here I agree.
I would like to see the shared, ongoing narrative beeing kept along. The only movie I want to breaking out of this is another Word War 2 movie with Captain America.

Sounds like Marvel wants to separate some of their properties without having all of them connect all the time. Ive heard they are letting James Gunn have the Cosmic aspect of the MCU and let him create in is own space without having to tie into whatever is going on with the other movies. Personally I dont need every movie to tie into the next. Especially when it isnt needed. Going forward, the MCU has gotten so big that it would be impossible to feature every single hero in one movie and still be able to follow every characters arc. Civil War did an amazing job pulling it off but Age of Ultron couldnt. I mean I would have liked to see some insight as to what Thanos is up to, but Guardians Vol 2 was already stacked as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom