• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, the short-circuiting eyes is a damn good joke.
LOL I saw someone gif that part before seeing the new commercial and I thought it was more akin to this

giphy.gif

Then I see it and I'm a little disappointed, haha.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
FEIGE'S PLAYING YOU ALL.

CAN'T YOU SEE THE FOURTH-DIMENSIONAL CHESS MOVES.

HE'S BREAKING YOU DOWN ONLY TO BUILD YOU UP AT D23.

Feige: So, a lot of people have been asking about Phase 4. What our plans are. How will we top Thanos as a villain... Well, there's always been a character in the Marvel universe that has spelled doom for our heroes. But I'm not really the best person to talk about him. Let's bring out Vincent Cassel...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What's debunked?

You havent seen the movie so I dont think you want to know this, considered you were annoyed by getting stuff spoiled earlier today.
I will put it in a spoiler and you can decide on your own ;)

The Watcher are in this movie, so we assumed that the Fantastic Four have finally returned home. But instead, its like with the Skrull - Marvel can use the Race "Watcher" but not Uatu, the famous Fantastic Four related Watcher

SpaceWolf

Banned
You havent seen the movie so I dont think you want to know this, considered you were annoyed by getting stuff spoiled earlier today.
I will put it in a spoiler and you can decide on your own ;)

giphy.gif

Thank you for your consideration. I think I'll stay out of this thread until I finally get around to seeing the movie.

Feige: So, a lot of people have been asking about Phase 4. What our plans are. How will we top Thanos as a villain... Well, there's always been a character in the Marvel universe that has spelled doom for our heroes. But I'm not really the best person to talk about him. Let's bring out Vincent Cassel...

They'll bring out Mads Mikkelsen, and anyone who complains about using him in another role has a trap door open under their seat. It leads into a room with Terrance Howard explaining terryology math.

Gone already it seems.

Didn't notice til now lol

These things always get uploaded to twitter or instagram first and the quality is lacking.

GoTG 2 really surprised me
I didnt like the first Guardians. Thought it was just thoroughly medicore, definitely in the lower tier of MCU movies for me. The humor never landed, the characters never really felt like a real unit, the plot and especially the final act wasn't satisfying at all

This was a massive improvement in every way

I think Guardians 2 might be in my top five MCU movies. The pacing was excellent. The characters and their relationships were well-done. The emotional moments, the humor, and action all hit the mark. The stakes were more personal and the movie never felt disjointed like the first one. The cinematography and sci-fi visuals were all wonderful and imaginative, and the finale brought all the movie's thread together in satisfying form

That final fight makes me excited for Captain Marvel; I wonder if Gunn will have any input with that movie. It was very Man of Steel/Superman-ish

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Everyone assumed it.

still waiting on those receipts, BTW

http://www.slashfilm.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-kevin-feige-interview/

In a discussion with SlashFilm, Marvel honcho Kevin Feige revealed some key details behind the deal and how they are able to feature certain characters thought to belong to Fox.

“There’s joint custody with a number of things,” Feige said when talking about the deal. “There are certain characters that they have, but races that we share. If that makes sense?”

mreddie

I'm gonna wait before ranking GOTG 1/2.
I think 2 lagged but still felt like a breeze to get though.

Baby Groot wasn't in my face as I feared.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am still a bit sad that there was never a big follow-up on the "We are all Monster" line from Tony in Age of Ultron. Would have been worth to go deeper into this, especially for Civil War.

The Kree

Banned
I'm okay with this.

I'm not OK with it if everything big and weird is gonna be called a celestial.

I am still a bit sad that there was never a big follow-up on the "We are all Monster" line from Tony in Age of Ultron. Would have been worth to go deeper into this, especially for Civil War.

Pretty sure Tony never said that. He did refer to himself and Banner as mad scientists though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm not OK with it if everything big and weird is gonna be called a celestial.

I dont think that is going to be the case, they needed just a fix to have a explanation why Peter can touch the Orb without getting busted.

Pretty sure Tony never said that. He did refer to himself and Banner as mad scientists though.

Can be a dub thing, but I remember Bobby Roberts posting an article that went deeper into Ultron and this specific Monster line.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This led to all sorts of speculation as to what kind of spoiler would be so hot that Marvel wouldn't want to release the title of the Infinity War sequel until after we've seen the first movie. For a time, it was fun. Then later in the day, a BBC News reporter talked to Zoe Saldana on the red carpet for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, who said that after Infinity War, they had to go back for Gauntlet. This infers that Infinity Gauntlet is the title of the fourth Avengers film. And that's not a spoiler. As our friends at io9 point out, not only is ”Gauntlet" not a spoiler, it's possible that's just the working title of the film.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/avengers-4-title-spoilers-5da3936e6789

Hs this been known? I mean, its what I expected, but would be news if new IMO

Edit: This play strongly in my feelings that it can hard backfire if they dont start to clear up whats going to happen in Infinity War. Everyone expects Thanos to get the full Infinity Gauntlet, but this is not going to happen with movies inbetween.

The Kree

Banned

exYle

Well, the reason for the monster line is because by act 2, everyone in the Avengers (except for Hawkeye) is convinced they're a monster. They can only cause pain and destruction and they don't deserve the idyllic, peaceful home life that they're being harboured in. Meanwhile, the only true monster thinks he's a God. Then the third act is about proving them all wrong.

The Kree

Banned
There was a lot of Frankenstein allegory going on in Age of Ultron. A bunch of "monsters" who feel like the world is turning against them, and who long for companionship and happiness. The theme is ongoing whether it's at the forefront of the story or not.

I just wanted to pop in here and say that Agents of SHIELD Season 4 has been the best thing MCU related so far.

This season has been absolutely incredible, and the main villain basically shits all over anything we've seen in the movies or on Netflix to date.
And the story line was like a trilogy of sequels that kept escalating the threat level till we hit maximum.

But I felt I needed to share that as I don't want to assume everyone in here watches the show as well. p.s. This is NOT a hot take. these are truth facts. Best thing MCU produced to date. Also best comic show on TV.

Pachimari

James Gunn confirms Ayesha will be back for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3:

"I absolutely plan on bringing Elizabeth Debicki back. She’s actually one of my favourite actors I’ve ever worked with. I think on this movie between her, Pom Klementieff who plays Mantis, and Chris Sullivan who plays Taserface, they really were three of the best actors I’ve ever worked with and were all such a joy on this film to deal with that I would love to deal with them again."

Which comes as no surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom