• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

SpaceWolf

Banned
They could have the Nuke stuff branch off into DD, but it'll definitely show up in JJ. It'd be weird to start a major story arc and have it resolve on another show.

Marvel does this constantly with both their films and tv series, though.

44cb8932af3f81a3394587d54f9774d89f71361b_hq.jpg

Dalek

I'm thrilled about the Wonder Woman reviews. Going to see it this week.

On the flip side I'm going to finally start Iron Fist this week... :/

I'm thrilled about the Wonder Woman reviews. Going to see it this week.

On the flip side I'm going to finally start Iron Fist this week... :/
Watch Into The Badlands instead and save yourself. I struggled through the first few episodes of Iron Fist, and it's more disappointing than anything else, what could have been given the choreography we've gotten on Daredevil.

Pachimari

The thing about Into the Badlands is that it has insane fight choreography (probably some of the best) but everything else is boring (I haven't gotten around to Season 2 yet) while Iron Fist had horrendous fight choreography and... Ward Meachum. No really, the Meachums were great.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The thing about Into the Badlands is that it has insane fight choreography (probably some of the best) but everything else is boring (I haven't gotten around to Season 2 yet) while Iron Fist had horrendous fight choreography and... Ward Meachum. No really, the Meachums were great.

Except for Joy randomly turning evil at the end.

What was that about?

kunonabi

Finally saw Guardians vol. 2 and really enjoyed it. Not sure if I like it better than the first but I certainly don't like it less. Now the awful wait for Thor: Ragnarok.

SpaceWolf

Banned
There was a point in the casting process where Matthew McConaughey was the top choice to play Ego, the Living Planet in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. However, despite that, new concept art has surfaced online featuring a look at what the Academy Award-winner may have looked as the father of Peter Quill. Check out the photo below:

y5UBFvk.jpg

Source.

Mcconaughey was born to play dark reign Osborn.

Spider-Man on a new cover:

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/qUo4QM5.jpg[/img]

After the overwhelming critical sucess of WW spidey has some big shoes to fill. And I don't think he can, I'm expecting a 55-70% on RT. the movie just isn't inspiring a lot of confidence.

Homecoming has 3 strikes
6 writers, strike 1
Unknown director who did 2 movies, that's strike 2.
Amy Pascal being involved in anyway shape or form is the third and final strike.

I hope that the movie is good because the spiderman IP has been mediocre since 2007, but I dont think feige can pull it off. I mean he has greenlighted some suspect movies like ultron, thor 2, and Iron Man 2.

Pachimari

Nah, I was just saying that I dont care who is the director anymore when it comes to MCU movies. Unless jobbers like Scott Buck are involved, anyone can make a good to great Movie, the writing seems far more important.

I kind of feel the same I think. It seems that the writing here is way more important, because no matter the director they will get the support needed to steer the train and in cases put their own touch on it.

jph139

I don't think it's a coincidence that the MCU's great/remarkable movies all have great/remarkable directors (James Gunn, Shane Black, Joss Whedon). Or that their middling movies have middling directors (Alan Taylor, Peyton Reed, Scott Derrickson).

You can cite the Russos as untested directors that struck gold, but they're the exception, not the rule.

SpaceWolf

Banned
All of Daredevil Season 3 should be a focused adaptation of the Born Again arc. I don't want the story pulled in two drastically different directions like last season.

Season 4 can focus on Bullseye.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the MCU's great/remarkable movies all have great/remarkable directors (James Gunn, Shane Black, Joss Whedon).

20fe2b1a98ae2c65ce67499a21e1a5a4.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Was James Gunn really a big name before Guardians? His lineup looks very indy first and foremost, nothing what I would call a big movie. Or even a Mid-Tier-Movie

Nuke should be Jessica. Daredevil will handle the whole Born Again arc, Kingpin and Bullseye stuff.

Nuke is IN the Born again story line.
Kingpin hires Nuke to cause shit in Hell's Kitchen to draw out Matt.

I wouldn't have thought they would even introduce him but now that they have, they will use him for sure.

jph139

I liked Age of Ultron, though!

But yeah, either way, Branagh on Thor alone proves that great directors can make undercooked/forgettable movies. I just feel like the reverse - forgettable directors making great movies - is a lot rarer.

Was James Gunn really a big name before Guardians? His lineup looks very indy first and foremost, nothing what I would call a big movie. Or even a Mid-Tier-Movie

I was going to argue that Slither and Super weren't big, but were GOOD. But I was shocked to learn neither of them had a positive critical reception, which completely undermines my argument there. I guess they're just cult classics?

Either way, he had a strong style and vision. They were both very "Gunn" movies.

Fhtagn

As for Homecoming, I'm sure it's gonna be fine. At worst predictable, thanks to the trailers that aren't holding much back about the story arcs to expect. Even if the story beats aren't surprising, the acting is going to lift up the film. Holland and RDJ have real chemistry and Keaton is one of the greats.

I'm not super hyped for it, both because I worry the trailers have spoiled the best bits and because we've already had so many Spidey films, but I'm still there opening night.

Way more hyped for the next 3; Ragnarok, Panther, Infinity War... all three should be stuff we've never seen on screen before.

Holland is probably the best 2 way spiderman we've had but I dont know how the movie will be. It needs to be great and be able to stand toe to toe with Spiderman 2, which should be possible but I think Feige is going to stick with his formula and not try to deviate far from it.

But after how they did mikkelson, cool design aside I have no faith in Vulture being as good a villain as Doc-Ock or even as memorable as Green Goblin.

Pachimari

It doesn't need to stand toe-to-toe with Spider-Man 2. What it need is to build up that guildwill again, test the waters after the ASM mess, and see if it can accumulate a nice amount at the Box Office. It just needs to be different and so far it seems like it'll be.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Still not quite sure what was supposed to be going down the day Castle's family got killed.

A load of gangs, plus some ex-military personnel who happened to be in Castle's unit, monitored by the NYPD, coincidentally all met up in the very park Castle's family were hanging out and as such Castle's family got killed?

Quick

Banned
Still not quite sure what was supposed to be going down the day Castle's family got killed.

A load of gangs, plus some ex-military personnel who happened to be in Castle's unit, monitored by the NYPD, coincidentally all met up in the very park Castle's family were hanging out and as such Castle's family got killed?

Frank Castle is a chitauri in disguise, but he lost his memories and now believes himself to be human.

The end of Punisher Season 1 leads up to Infinity War.

Top Bottom