• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone have a 4k rip of the Thor Ragnarok trailer?

i need a super HQ screengrab of this for my new avatar... else i have to wait for the gotg vol 2 trailer

Thor-Ragnarok-Trailer-1-160-1280x531.jpg

There's a lot of Spidey stories I want to see them adapt or take inspiration from (If this be my Destiny, Kraven's Last Hunt, The Death of Jean DeWolff)...

Clone Saga ain't one of them.

So I'm pretty sure Sony is gonna announce a movie based on it soon.

There's a lot of Spidey stories I want to see them adapt or take inspiration from (If this be my Destiny, Kraven's Last Hunt, The Death of Jean DeWolff)...

Clone Saga ain't one of them.

So I'm pretty sure Sony is gonna announce a movie based on it soon.

Sony setting up Venom: Clone Saga as a tentpole release for 2019.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Iron Fist Season 2 Announcement is Imminent According to Finn Jones

On the heels of The Defenders' announcement trailer, it seems we might get news on the second season of Marvel's Iron Fist relatively soon. During a panel at Puerto Rico Comic-Con 2017, the show's star Finn Jones was asked a possible second season for the show.

While there is no direct quote from Jones regarding another season, according to SuperBroMovies, an announcement for Iron Fist's next season is imminent. While the story about Danny Rand seems to be the one that has faced the most criticized of all the Marvel Netflix originals, the show's renewal seems entirely likely.

GET.

A NEW.

SHOWRUNNER.

Also, apparently the entirety of The Defenders is going to take place over a 48 hour timeframe which is...interesting.

Pachimari

Also, apparently the entirety of The Defenders is going to take place over a 48 hour timeframe which is...interesting.
Yeah, we knew about this already.

But thank goodness that we're getting another season, and I and everybody are probably totally with you on that. Get a NEW SHOWRUNNER!

Despite season one being pretty average, I would be pretty excited to see a second season of Iron Fist. I feel there is the potential for a huge jump in quality if they get more things right.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Despite season one being pretty average, I would be pretty excited to see a second season of Iron Fist. I feel there is the potential for a huge jump in quality if they get more things right.

I'd like to see Season 2 as something of a sot-reboot for the show and character as a whole, with a more cheerful, less angst-ridden Danny moving to another part of New York and getting involved in adventures that actually fully brace the comic book silliness of the source material, with a much stronger focus on martial arts.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I like Cage best on its own, fully immersed in its distinctive Harlem atmosphere.

And I know I'm in the minority on the subject, but I think I'd much rather see Moon Knight as a film as opposed to a series, at least initially. I'd prefer to see She-Hulk or someone getting their own series, the obvious difficulties of adapting that particular character for television aside.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

SpaceWolf

Banned
Why not both? More solo Cage and then Heroes for Hire in place of more solo Danny?

Hmm...maybe. I don't know, I'd feel sorry for poor Mike Colter trying to squeeze in others project commitments when having to film new seasons of Luke Cage, Heroes for Hire and Defenders every year round the clock. Even then, he might be back as a recurring character on Jessica Jones, assuming those two shack up like in the comics.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hmm...maybe. I don't know, I'd feel sorry for poor Mike Colter trying to squeeze in others project commitments when having to film new seasons of Luke Cage, Heroes for Hire and Defenders every year round the clock. Even then, he might be back as a recurring character on Jessica Jones, assuming those two shack up like in the comics.

does he really have other projects

like, have you seen his acting

kunonabi

Pretty much. I like most of the cast to be quite honest. Fix up the action sequences, give it a real visual identity that isn't so dark and drab, and get more mystic with it and I can see a second season being a ton of fun.

The Kree

Banned
Why would you feel bad for a working actor? He's living a dream most would kill for.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Why would you feel bad for a working actor? He's living a dream most would kill for.

Because he would more than likely he would have to turn down other projects he might prefer to work on account of being locked into long-running filming schedules for three different television shows. Also playing the lead in three different shows per year back to back isn't really the norm for most actors and most likely would prove relatively exhausting.

The Kree

Banned
I dunno, that sounds like a good problem to have. He can stack his money now, build his brand, and branch out later. Plus he's black, so the likelihood of him getting into bigger things than this is relatively slim.

Mandarinlego.gi-
mandarin_mobile.jpg
DAMN IT.

Also, I hope Jessica Jones took advantage of the 2-year gap to really really REALLY solidify the writing. I'm sick and tired of having to deal with super uneven television shows, that start off strong and finish really badly.

Neoxon

I echo the statement that Iron Fist needs a new showrunner so the show can bounce back like SHIELD did in the second half of Season 1 onwards.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Not like there are a ton of big roles for actors to just pick up.

I'd like to think the success of Luke Cage lead to Colter getting more offers as an actor. Perhaps not, but I'd like to see more of him as a performer in other things. He's a charismatic fellow.

DAMN IT.

Also, I hope Jessica Jones took advantage of the 2-year gap to really really REALLY solidify the writing. I'm sick and tired of having to deal with super uneven television shows, that start off strong and finish really badly.

Personally,
I'm just curious to see if Jones' murder of Killgrave ever went to trial
, considering that according to Luke Cage, the murder is apparently public knowledge.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Thats why Jessica will need a Lawyer in Defenders

Not sure if you're just being playful, but The Defenders trailer clearly establishes that she's being interrogated for snooping around stealing evidence from a crime-scene and getting the lead of said investigation killed. Doesn't seem to share any kind of connection with Killgrave.

https://news.marvel.com/more-marvel...-epic-experiences-fans-disneys-d23-expo-2017/

Marvel will make its way to D23 Expo’s show floor from July 14­–16 with an exciting look at its upcoming film titles in the Marvel Studios Pavilion, featuring an array of props and costumes from the Studios’ upcoming slate, including “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Black Panther,” and more. Fans will also be able to enjoy all-new console and mobile Marvel Games, plus incredible exclusive content and announcements throughout the weekend!

Fans will get an up-close look at the costumes and props from “Thor: Ragnarok,” as well as photo opportunities with exclusive set pieces from the film.

The incredible costumes from “Black Panther” will also be on display. “Black Panther” follows the journey of T’Challa after the events of Marvel Studios’ “Captain America: Civil War,” where he returns to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country’s new leader.

Top Bottom