• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, guys, guys...

What if...

ETXIO5y.png

Ends up being

martin-starr-spiderman-homecoming-191435-1280x0.jpg

Itsallconnected.jpg

Mix Master was putting overtime into this thread reminding everyone on a daily basis what he thought about a movie he hadn't seen and wasn't planning to.

Stop giving him the attention he desperately craves and he will stop posting other people's opinions.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Mix Master was putting overtime into this thread reminding everyone on a daily basis what he thought about a movie he hadn't seen and wasn't planning to.

Stop giving him the attention he desperately craves and he will stop posting other people's opinions.

lol is that true

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ah, the great building up villains for the sequel to make them more fleshed out continues.

Guess that confirmes Shocker as the big baddy for Homecoming 2 and Klaw as the Main Villain for BP.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm going to make an MCU Watch Thread in August, guys

it's going to be in OT, for everyone who wants to watch things play out from now until Infinity War

we watch each movie every 2 weeks, starting with Iron Man on 08/25/17 and ending with Black Panther on 04/20/18 (really hope this is one releases digitally beforehand...) - right before the release of Infinity War on 05/04

does that sound interesting? i've never put work into an OP before so before i start i hope there is some interest

SpaceWolf

Banned
Really enjoyed that Spiderman feature. Initial thoughts on it:

-Had absolutely no idea that Robert Downey Jr used to read comics, assuming that's true.
-Enjoyed the Liz and Flash features.
-I would have thought Spider-Man publically hitting on a fifteen year old Liz Allen would worry people in-universe.
-Zendaya is so obviously Mary Jane it hurts my soul.
-Aunt May teaching Peter how to do his tie is perfect and a lovely age related touch.
-Peter and Happy Hogan having a "big brother" relationship is fucking weird.
-Why so little focus on The Vulture?

"Superhero movies are only as good as their villain."

Stealth shade thrown at the other MCU movies?

I thought that too. Lol! Marvel has good villains the problem is some are undercooked! They need more screentime! Ego Red Skull and Stane are good 1 movie villains. But Yellowjacket and mads needed a tad more time in the oven.

Jtrizzy

Watched Spiderman 1 and 2 recently for the first time. Mostly surprised at the love 2 gets. Maybe I need to rewatch, but I wasn't all that impressed. I liked both, just not on par with the best of the x men or mcu films.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm seeing HOT TAKES all over Twitter over how Marvel needs to be raked over the coals for not having a female-led movie yet with Wonder Woman out this week

and to that I respond with, where exactly is DC's black-led superhero film at?

sass1.png

I'm seeing HOT TAKES all over Twitter over how Marvel needs to be raked over the coals for not having a female-led movie yet with Wonder Woman out this week

sass1.png

I'm sure that Cyborg movie is still on ;)

Gleethor

sass1.png

Suicide Squad, while an ensemble film, had a pretty diverse cast and I would consider Big Willy to be the lead tbqh. Now, I don't doubt that BP will be the better film by a country mile, but there you go. And yeah, Cyborg is still *technically* coming, lol. At least Aquaman will be a PoC led film next year, all in all a much more diverse year for cape film leads than usual.

Also worth pointing out that DC's first big 6-member teamup film has 2 PoC on the team while Marvel's had 0. But the MCU has gradually improved in its diversity since then.

Reminds me of Jonathan Ross going on about how Spiderman 3 was "the best in the trilogy, it's absolutely astonishing!" when Tobey and Kirsten were on his show to promote the movie.

You can't take talk show host praise seriously. It's all advertising.

Its all ass kissing. I want this movie to be good but I'll wait for the social media reactions

Top Bottom