• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Marvel Money" about to actually mean something: Feige restructures Marvel Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
One of the twitter responses says Glendale's a newer complex two blocks away, lol.
That Feige is a monster.

Even if both the rumors are true, it doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on Feige. Him firing some folks isn't surprising at all, though that's a bigger number than I'd expect.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The only TV series Feige is involved with is Agent Carter. Other than that, he's been hands off with the other Marvel TV shows.

Ahasverus

That Feige is a monster.

Even if both the rumors are true, it doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on Feige. Him firing some folks isn't surprising at all, though that's a bigger number than I'd expect.
Considering many were Perlmutter guys, I bet some of them are eally toxic to his vision, or any other.

kirblar

The only TV series Feige is involved with is Agent Carter. Other than that, he's been hands off with the other Marvel TV shows.
The TV division has done really well (ignoring AoS S1's issues) - he may not be a fan, but you don't mess with success.

Penguin

The TV division has done really well (ignoring AoS S1's issues) - he may not be a fan, but you don't mess with success.

No it hasn't... quality aside

AoS and Agent Carter are far from what I call "success" from the TV side

Daredevil yes, but right now that's 1 out of 3

guek

Banned

They haven't bombed either though. But "not a bomb" doesn't look that great on a box decal

Actually, they have. Despite what people think of the ratings, AoS and AC generated a lot of revenue for them. It was week worth it to bring them back.

Like I said before, Is a shame this move could mean less synergy between TV and movies. I mean yeah, having Daredevil pop up randomly in Infinity War wouldn't be the best thing since not everyone has/watches TV, I wish they could figure something out to make it work somehow.

Please let this mean some sort of divorce from SHIELD stinking up the movies.

I adore Steranko's SHIELD concept but we are so far from that now, that it's in name only.

Nyanmaruz

What a fucking waste of good characters like Daredevil and the Punisher if this is true. Please don't do this to us Feige...

anaron

They were never going to be in IW.
ehhhh, I don't think that's necessarily true.

announcement of all the Netflix series was pretty tied to speculation of "homg everyone is gonna be in the infinity gauntlet saga!"

all they all need is a cameo, I don't know why anyone would be against that.

The MCU having tv shows accompanying their universe was one of the coolest ideas ever and if this stuff is true, Feige is an idiot to be against it.

danielcw

If Marvel TV actually was moved off the Disney lot, that would be easy to check, and make news on sites like Deadline or Hollywood Reporter

Was Marvel TV actually ever on the Disney lot?

Huh?

If the shows are good how is their lack of gratuitous cameo appearance in a movie "a waste?"
This right here.

I ain't watching Daredevil because I'm excited to see Thanos stomp on him. I'm watching Daredevil because I'm invested in the character and the show is actually good.
They need to syndicate AoS or get it on netflix or whatevs (is it already?) thatll help attach rate
It's on US Netflix.

If Feige is actually not a fan of the TV half would he keep those characters out of Infinity War?

Assuming they were ever going to be put in. Based on other stuff that's floated around, it sounds like the movie side ignores the TV side, meaning the TV side integrates itself into the universe. Aside from some things AoS. It's not like it's completely out of the question, but it's also not exactly likely that it'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom