• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So... woke up to a staggerin' minus 237 points and this are my current possible earnings (been skipping for a while)

LMAO!
KuGsj.gif

lol

But hey, this game is crack. It's crack I tell ya!

ToxicAdam

PvP = Player v Player

PvE = Player v Enemy (ie. Maggia Thugs, HAMMER Pyro's etc)

His attacks are tremendous at targeting countdown tiles and you still get the AP back in a few rounds.

Limit

I had about 4000 purple points from past two days that I decided to spend on acquiring (hopefully) new characters instead of leveling my current one star main team who are all in their 30s. That hope was dashed. All I got was duplicate one star characters whose powers I already have leveled up.

Where do I get more Captain America covers? I'd like to turn him into a good character. As of now (2 red covers) he's terrible.

ToxicAdam

Many of the special PVP tournaments have him as a prize when you acheive a certain level of points.

You can look on 'event rewards' tab and scroll all they way down to look.

--- // ---

New patch is out. Some new info:

Heroic Mode: Harder versions of previous Chapters with improved challenges and rewards. Coming up first will be a revamped Juggernaut.- Lightning Round Tournament Upgrades: Ability to run more varied Lightning Rounds. It's not all Hood and Doom anymore

Ability maximums are now listed for each character in the Ability Screen for each character
- Several improvements to the Facebook Sharing process. There should be far less instances of not receiving larger lists, varied friends, etc. More improvements to this system will be coming with R42.

- Several improvements to the Facebook Sharing process. There should be far less instances of not receiving larger lists, varied friends, etc. More improvements to this system will be coming with R42.
tumblr_mu3scjR7k01shaex9o1_250.gif

heringer

Done. Just got the Cap cover for achieving 1000 points in the tournament. I'm #2 right now but I think I'm done, I'm not that interested in Iron Man 40 anyway.

Man, my level 40 Juggernaut kicked so much ass, haha.

Done. Just got the Cap cover for achieving 1000 points in the tournament. I'm #2 right now but I think I'm done, I'm not that interested in Iron Man 40 anyway.

Man, my level 40 Juggernaut kicked so much ass, haha.

I'm seeing the value of Juggernaut through this tournament. Love him now!

Askani

Man, I'm 7th the in the Free For All. I win a battle and came out of the win screen and someone beat me for 40 goddamn points. Never seen a point grab that high before from one guy. Does anyone else get points stolen that high?

EDIT :::::

And then a 34 right behind it. Lost 74 point in two battles. I can't beat that pace.

EDIT 2 ::::::

That stank. I was as high as 4th with 980 some points. Dropped all the way to 26th! Never quit playing and ended at 920 something and 13th when it ended. Couldn't keep top ten or get over 1000 for the next reward. Super frustrating but still a decent result.

Is it just me, or does Iron Man Model 40 really suck? I thought he was going to be amazing reading his description, until I realized that he drains the AP of your own team, not the enemy.

Dash Kappei

Is it just me, or does Iron Man Model 40 really suck? I thought he was going to be amazing reading his description, until I realized that he drains the AP of your own team, not the enemy.

It sucks, that's my guess as well. Unless there are (more to come?) possible team combos I haven't thought of yet.

In the end I finished 3rd on FFA, of course guess what happened during my very last fight on the clock, making me go from 1st to 3rd without even having a chance to retaliate...

So instead of grabbing the 1st/2nd prize, I ended up with the 3rd/10th one (which was IM40x2, 50 coins and some ISOs.... I went as high as 1100+ points during the tourney, could never grab the 500 coins prize (sitting at 1200 points) before getting knocked off a bunch of points and finished with just 884 points. Fuck off really.

Also, genius of them to push the new update just like 3 or so hours before the end of a tournament, totally screwed me over with the no healing from leveling up.
Btw, I believe this new update messed up my game: it was smooth before but now the framerate is all stuttery with slowdowns, even doing a simple match 3 gets jerky.
Anybody else noticed the same? I'm on a Mini here.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I got #1, don't ask me how. Got three three star Iron Man (one of each color) and some ISO-8 and 100 of that other currency.
Does anybody know how many people were in one "group"?

Askani

I got #1, don't ask me how. Got three three star Iron Man (one of each color) and some ISO-8 and 100 of that other currency.
Does anybody know how many people were in one "group"?

If you mean the breakdown of the prizes, 1-2 got the three colors of lvl 40 Iron Man, 3-10 got two colors, 11-25 got 1 color, and the next tier was Captain America.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
No, I meant the size off the whole tournament, sorry. I figured there would be several and not just one for the whole world.

Worked my dang off to hit 500 in my Iron Man tourney for a new Model 40 cover. So hard with the new health system and in 200 person bracket people are either impossible to beat and worthless or have lots of points but now have to face my bench instead of my main guys. Can't wait for a month from now when I will no bench, just 20 dominators.

blackflag

What makes the uncanny xforce 4 star? Like is he that good or just because he starts at level 30? I'm using him because level 30 but I don't see why he's that good.

On the other had, my storm wrecks people with her black orb power at level 4.

Just started yesterday so I don't know much yet.

Triz

What makes the uncanny xforce 4 star? Like is he that good or just because he starts at level 30? I'm using him because level 30 but I don't see why he's that good.

On the other had, my storm wrecks people with her black orb power at level 4.

Just started yesterday so I don't know much yet.

He hits hard up to a certain point and has a lot of health. I rarely use him know because my thor and Storm out DPS him. But I will still put him in on occasion. His green power lights up a 5x5 x with attack boost. Those really chip away at ememy teams.

blackflag

Ok cool I just have the red power and it's not doing much for me.

I'm having a hard time cracking 500 in this iron man tourney. I guess I got a while to go but Everytime I lose I lose like 20 and my only options to gain points are all less than 10.

I was at 489, log back in at 460

Uthred

What determines who's the main "Attacker"? Is it based purely on level? It can be annoying in the tournaments where characters are boosted but a higher level lower damage character is attacking

Anilones

What determines who's the main "Attacker"? Is it based purely on level? It can be annoying in the tournaments where characters are boosted but a higher level lower damage character is attacking
It is chosen on who is the strongest for each specific colour. Also the character who defends he opponents attack will be the first attacker you chose.

Limit

I'm having a hard time cracking 500 in this iron man tourney. I guess I got a while to go but Everytime I lose I lose like 20 and my only options to gain points are all less than 10.

I was at 489, log back in at 460

I concur. I am stuck at 500 point range and have been oscillating up and down 10 points for hours now. I don't think it is even possible for me to acquire 800 points and attain the 800 point reward of 100 coins.

I concur. I am stuck at 500 point range and have been oscillating up and down 10 points for hours now. I don't think it is even possible for me to acquire 800 points and attain the 800 point reward of 100 coins.

I got up to about 640 and now I'm down in the low 500s. Seems like fools are coming strong in the last few hours.

ToxicAdam

I got to 990 twice before getting beat back down. Pretty frustrating to keep getting so close to that prize tier and falling short.

Dash Kappei

If you notice, each colored gems sport a character's icon on them: that icon represents the character who'll strike when your attacking matching same colored games of that color and that is chosen upon who has the strongest value and deals more damage with that particular color; it has no ties with what level your characters are.

It is chosen on who is the strongest for each specific colour. Also the character who defends he opponents attack will be the first attacker you chose.

Not really, the character receiving the damage will be the one who dealt the last damage/attack before switching turn to your opponent.

Anilones

Not really, the character receiving the damage will be the one who dealt the last damage/attack before switching turn to your opponent.
Incorrect, watch a sequence of combinations with the first and final being different characters. The characters will switch so that the first attacker defends the oncoming attack.

Limit

Crap. I accidentally moved up into top 25 instead of 50 and got Black Widow as a prize when in fact I was aiming for Thor.

Someone gifted me a cover. How do you do that? I have plenty that I would give away. Being connected with other Gaffers is amazing, though. Always some gifts coming.

Limit

Someone gifted me a cover. How do you do that? I have plenty that I would give away. Being connected with other Gaffers is amazing, though. Always some gifts coming.

Don't think you can give any cover away. Just sell them. Sometimes the game pseudo randomly decides that an earned cover/token can be given to X number of facebook allies. Usually 3.

Don't think you can give any cover away. Just sell them. Sometimes the game pseudo randomly decides that an earned cover/token can be given to X number of facebook allies. Usually 3.

Ok, thanks.

Should I just sell off my Dr. Doom? I never use him. Pretty worthless.

If you notice, each colored gems sport a character's icon on them: that icon represents the character who'll strike when your attacking matching same colored games of that color and that is chosen upon who has the strongest value and deals more damage with that particular color; it has no ties with what level your characters are.

Are you sure that's right as my Iron Man does 17 damage off of Red and Buffed Thor does 25, yet Iron Man is the default choice for Red. I only noticed Thors' damage was 25 because Iron Man was stunned.

Also Iron Man is a higher level than Thor.

twofold

I didn't realise there was a cap on powers for certain characters.

I maxed out the Ultra Freon Beam for my Iron Man and now I can't max out the Armoured Assault or the Repulsor Blast. For my Storm, I maxed out the red ability (Mistress of the Elements?) so now I can't max out the black ability (Hailstorm?).

Bahhh! This sucks. I wish there was a way to downgrade power levels so that I could upgrade those other skills instead.

So i'm having issues with this latest event, Thor never seems to have a default attack tile even though his damage far exceeds the rest of the team.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Top Bottom