• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios SDCC Panel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwins

Unless the deals completely revert to Marvel after the trilogy is over, the SM deal was a poor one on their end. Besides all the stuff I have previously mentioned, Marvel can't even use Spidey for promos for their movies in the theater or home release. They also can't use them his footage in the new logo.

The deal was fine. Not only did they use Spidey in the final Civil War trailer, they secured a character that was on the verge of getting a horrible forced cinematic universe.

Every time you doubt the Spider-Man deal remember that the alternative was Spider-Man being a member of the Sinister Six and teaming up with a British Sandman to punch a dinosaur. And if you think that sounds totally fucking awesome keep in mind that Avi Arad would have fucked it up.

They have full ownership of all Spider-Man merchandise and you think they are getting a raw deal because they can't show him for more than a couple seconds in some ads???

I gave most of my reasons here. This just ads to how one sided that deal was.

You're right about some ads that he appeared in, but Spidey was never in any printed material, just in some small commercials AFTER the movie had released.

The deal was fine. Not only did they use Spidey in the final Civil War trailer, they secured a character that was on the verge of getting a horrible forced cinematic universe.

Every time you doubt the Spider-Man deal remember that the alternative was Spider-Man being a member of the Sinister Six and teaming up with a British Sandman to punch a dinosaur. And if you think that sounds totally fucking awesome keep in mind that Avi Arad would have fucked it up.

IMO, unless there are things we don't know and Marvel regains the full rights back after Sony makes a shitload of money, the deal was fine/ok for Marvel. Great/Awesome for Sony.

dabig2

They have full ownership of all Spider-Man merchandise and you think they are getting a raw deal because they can't show him for more than a couple seconds in some ads???

Agreed. Merchandise rights + being able to promote their MCU brand in Spider-Man movies + being credited for Spider-Man's revival = a complete and utter win for Marvel.

Neoxon

I gave most of my reasons here. This just ads to how one sided that deal was.

You're right about some ads that he appeared in, but Spidey was never in any printed material, just in some small commercials AFTER the movie had released.
He was in a few ads before the movie came out (namely him tanking a punch from Winter Soldier). The only major caveat in the deal is that they can't use Spider-Man characters in their TV/Netflix shows, but I'm sure that can be renegotiated later on.

He was in a few ads before the movie came out (namely him tanking a punch from Winter Soldier). The only major caveat in the deal is that they can't use Spider-Man characters in their TV/Netflix shows, but I'm sure that can be renegotiated later on.

Is that hearsay or fact? If it's a fact, that tips the favorability of the deal even more for Sony.

icespide

Banned
that makes spider-man just like all the other marvel movies

Chadwick, still in character.
ABkq0mb.jpg

MrMephistoX

he has had that for years, just been adding weight to it. that dude is like the main imagineer, pretty cool.

the tower of terror getting replaced is fucking bullshit though.

Especially since California Adventure needs more rides to make it worth more than a day ticket not bullshit replacement of solid rides....build another fucking tower and build a garage.

KissVibes

Banned
All this stuff looks and sounds great. Marvel is nailing it on all fronts.

They showed a mini-mockumentary about what Thor and Hulk had been doing since Ultron, turns out Thor moved in with some random guy named Darryl, after that they showed some actual clips from the movie.

That sounds incredible.

I can't wait until the internet tries to peg Darryl as being some actual hero tease. Like saying hes gonna turn out to be Nova or some shit. Odin in disguise.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They should really just stream the panels but blackout the screen when they show the trailers.

So no announcement of Squirrel Girl movie next phase ?

meh

I'd be so annoyed if they wasted a movie on Squirrel Girl.

[edit]

Is one of those guys Evan Jones? Kinda looks like it.

Nodnol

Just caught up with what's available on YouTube.

I knew Strange was stacked cast wise, but GotG and BP are looking awesome too. I loved the chaos of the GotG panel; Rooker is great.

One thing Marvel seems to nail, is its press conferences or panels.

Strax

I'm amazed Marvel has a character that literally means N***** in Icelandic. I know its from the Eddas poem originally but still...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what Ragnarok will be about, do we know if its storyline does explain the weird "80's modern sci-fi" logo?

Sblargh

Banned
I have no idea what Ragnarok will be about, do we know if its storyline does explain the weird "80's modern sci-fi" logo?

I love world war hulk as much anyone, but I honestly have no idea how they will not only fit Thor in there, but also make it a Thor movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom