• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios SDCC Panel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess fan4stic 2 is still coming.
no-2.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Was there anything on Thor besides the new logo?

They showed a mini-mockumentary about what Thor and Hulk had been doing since Ultron, turns out Thor moved in with some random guy named Darryl, after that they showed some actual clips from the movie.

Edwins

Ego pumped Star-Lord's mom full of his fluids. Ego is a living planet. Planets are full of magma, which they sometimes spew out. Magma is molten rock. Rocks are radioactive,

Ego gave Star-Lord's mom cancer.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So is Ego not his dad in the comics? I remember hearing that his dad was some other alien guy and not, you know, a living planet who could grow himself a dick.

Drayco21

So is Ego not his dad in the comics? I remember hearing that his dad was some other alien guy and not, you know, a living planet who could grow himself a dick.

His father in the comics is Jason, Emperor of the Spartax Empire.

He was just a normal looking dude from space.

Some quick reactions to everything at the Marvel panel for all the bros at home.

Black Panther:
No footage or art, but awesome to see the cast talk about their characters. I believe Lupita was cofirmed to be a Dora as well (don't know if anyone reported on that).

Thor 3:
The Office style segment with Thor, his buddy, and Bruce was hilarious. If this is an indication of Waititi and his style of humor and Hemsworth's comic chops, things are looking good.

They showed a ton of concept art after for the movie itself and it looked crazy. Lots of space stuff, crazy palaces and buildings with over the top designs and colors. Hela, Thor's new armor and Surtur (think Diablo and Ragnaros hybrid) all look great. There's no way this movie disappoints.

Dr. Strange:
You've all seen the trailer, but there was a cool scene they showed before of Strange meeting the Ancient One. Really liked Cumberbatch here. Comedy is definitely in this movie as well, but it was well integrated without being silly.

Spider-Man:
Solidly funny high school comedy. Got all the awkward but humorous moments you'd want from a true teenage Peter story. Some of the early action shots show Spidey moving around like you'd want. Vulture was shown at the end but you can see him in the artwork.

Guardians:
Going to spoiler this even though it doesn't give away anything.
First clip was a funny and super cute segment with Baby Groot trying to help Yondu find his new fin. He fails several times but in the cutest of ways.

Trailer itself I'm sure you'll all see. It was cut like something that's for the public, minus a penis conversation at the end. Cool locations to see, some action shots for each character, and a new race of gold characters (sorry forget their name, but they were some older/ancient race). Stallone in there for all of about two seconds so you can digest his inclusion but nothing else. Visuals on this look top notch like everything else.

Overall I was pretty blown away. Marvel's game has been stepped up a lot. The visuals of every movie are a significant step up from the Phase 2 movies. Ask away with any questions if you guys want.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Welp, off to iTunes.
I *hope* this doesn't mean you don't know those songs.

What if Stallone is Peters dad and Ego is just lying for Sly?

I can see your lies Gunn!
Yeah, until I see the movie I won't believe it :p

I just keep telling myself that they're saving Nova for the next slate of films...for the Annihilation Wave.
We might get some variation of Conquest, Annihilation is highly doubtful because Annihilus, Negative Zone, and a bunch of stuff is under Fox.

Just as soon as you buy the Thor: Ragnarok 3D Blu-Ray Combo Pack, Available In Stores And At Gamestop.com in Spring 2018
lol, given how barebones the MCU releases have been from Avengers onward, I doubt it :(

preorder the collectors edition with collectible Darcy mousepad
Fixed.

Neoxon

Some quick reactions to everything at the Marvel panel for all the bros at home.

Black Panther:
No footage or art, but awesome to see the cast talk about their characters. I believe Lupita was cofirmed to be a Dora as well (don't know if anyone reported on that).

Thor 3:
The Office style segment with Thor, his buddy, and Bruce was hilarious. If this is an indication of Waititi and his style of humor and Hemsworth's comic chops, things are looking good.

They showed a ton of concept art after for the movie itself and it looked crazy. Lots of space stuff, crazy palaces and buildings with over the top designs and colors. Hela, Thor's new armor and Surtur (think Diablo and Ragnaros hybrid) all look great. There's no way this movie disappoints.

Dr. Strange:
You've all seen the trailer, but there was a cool scene they showed before of Strange meeting the Ancient One. Really liked Cumberbatch here. Comedy is definitely in this movie as well, but it was well integrated without being silly.

Spider-Man:
Solidly funny high school comedy. Got all the awkward but humorous moments you'd want from a true teenage Peter story. Some of the early action shots show Spidey moving around like you'd want. Vulture was shown at the end but you can see him in the artwork.

Guardians:
Going to spoiler this even though it doesn't give away anything.
First clip was a funny and super cute segment with Baby Groot trying to help Yondu find his new fin. He fails several times but in the cutest of ways.

Trailer itself I'm sure you'll all see. It was cut like something that's for the public, minus a penis conversation at the end. Cool locations to see, some action shots for each character, and a new race of gold characters (sorry forget their name, but they were some older/ancient race). Stallone in there for all of about two seconds so you can digest his inclusion but nothing else. Visuals on this look top notch like everything else.

Overall I was pretty blown away. Marvel's game has been stepped up a lot. The visuals of every movie are a significant step up from the Phase 2 movies. Ask away with any questions if you guys want.
  • Did you get a look at the new designs for the Guardians? Were they any different than what we saw in the concept art?
  • Any clue on who the supporting cast for Spider-Man: Homecoming are?
  • Did Spider-Man: Homecoming have the updated Marvel Studios logo?
  • Did the footage for Spider-Man: Homecoming feel like something out of Spectacular Spider-Man?
  • Were there any songs used in the Guardians Vol. 2 footage that James Gunn didn't already mention?

I *hope* this doesn't mean you don't know those songs.
Relax, I knew them. I just never got around to buying them until now. I have a long list of songs to get.

Thor 3:

This gives me hopes

What did Thor's new armour look like?

Thinking about it now, kinda hard to explain. More heftier looking, with the glowing circles on his chest.

• Did you get a look at the new designs for the Guardians? Were they any different than what we saw in the concept art?
  • Any clue on who the supporting cast for Spider-Man: Homecoming are?
  • Did Spider-Man: Homecoming have the updated Marvel Studios logo?
  • Did the footage for Spider-Man: Homecoming feel like something out of Spectacular Spider-Man?
  • Were there any songs used in the Guardians Vol. 2 footage that James Gunn didn't already mention?

New Guardians designs looked like that new artwork. No clues as to who is who in Spider-Man. Nobody clearly stood out as Harry, MJ, Gwen, Flash or anyone else. Every movie has the new logo. With what little footage there was of Spidey, it was more on the Spectacular level (like Civil War). What songs did Gunn already mention?

Neoxon

New Guardians designs looked like that new artwork. No clues as to who is who in Spider-Man. Nobody clearly stood out as Harry, MJ, Gwen, Flash or anyone else. Every movie has the new logo. With what little footage there was of Spidey, it was more on the Spectacular level (like Civil War). What songs did Gunn already mention?
“Come a Little Bit Closer,” by Jay and the Americans, played during the clip where Yondu faces off against some of the Ravagers. “The Chain,” by Fleetwood Mac was the song used in the montage.

Cuburt

James Gunn said:
Ego seemed, in many ways, like an even more ridiculous character. But I asked myself, if a planet was alive, how could that be? And how could it father a child?
The answers to those questions took me to a far deeper place that I expected. I don’t want to give away too many answers at this time. But what Nova Prime said about Peter’s father at the end of Vol. 1 is certainly true – he is something ancient and unknown. And, as we will discover, being a cosmic being, alone for eons, is perhaps even more lonely than being the universe’s sole talking raccoon.
This quote made me think of a possible song in Vol. 2
And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
When you comin home, Dad, I don't know when,
But we'll get together then,
You know we'll have a good time then.

Unless the deals completely revert to Marvel after the trilogy is over, the SM deal was a poor one on their end. Besides all the stuff I have previously mentioned, Marvel can't even use Spidey for promos for their movies in the theater or home release. They also can't use them his footage in the new logo.

Neoxon

Unless the deals completely revert to Marvel after the trilogy is over, the SM deal was a poor one on their end. Besides all the stuff I have previously mentioned, Marvel can't even use Spidey for promos for their movies in the theater or home release. They also can't use them his footage in the new logo.
They were able to use Spider-Man in the Civil War promos closer to the film's theatrical release, Sony just had to sign off on it.

Toologist

Neo Member
Man I'm fucking ecstatic!!! Had no idea about Surtur!!! I thought Hela was going to be the main villain! So now we have both Hela and Surtur wrecking shit in this movie?!?!??!? FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cuburt

They have full ownership of all Spider-Man merchandise and you think they are getting a raw deal because they can't show him for more than a couple seconds in some ads???

CGwizz

What a shit horrible design for vulture, Marvel can´t do a villain properly holy shit...
Sad to know Adam Warlock is not Peter father ...
Everything else sounds amazing, i did not expected that Thor would be my most anticipated movie and spiderman my least anticipated movie for Marvel.

Not a fan of spiderman in school... I hope that spiderman sequel will be him adult, hate teenage school movies ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom