• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios SDCC Panel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Ragnarok was the poster child for radical 80s sci-fi comic action and the new logo is clearly intended to invoke that. Who knows if it will translate in any direct way to the actual movies visual style

Sadist

I love world war hulk as much anyone, but I honestly have no idea how they will not only fit Thor in there, but also make it a Thor movie.
Well...

1) Thor returns to Asgard to find answers about the Infinity Stones after his vision in AoU. What he finds however is a very weird vibe in Asgard. The Warrior Three, Sif and others express their concern for Odin. He's acting strange.

2) Thor thinks nothing of it (because yes, he's a lughead at times) and starts looking for the Cosmic Cube, but can't find it in the treasure room. He does find the real Odin, sleeping. He gets ambushed by, surprise, Loki posing as his father. Loki and Thor get in another argument and Loki has a nasty surprise for him. He made an "arrangement" for him with a lovely lady. Loki being Loki casts away Thor to another (or Niflheim) planet in space... where it is revealed that Loki promised Thor's soul to Hela. And she revels in it; to have the Asgardian prince as her little plaything.

3) Thor gets pissed off and tries to break free, but Hela says it's impossible. He will have to behave, just like his friend. Once in a special jail, Thor is surprised to see Banner sitting there as well. Both of them exchange stories of how they got there and Bruce's story will basicly be "Loki is the type to hold grudges. But thats old news right?"

4) Or Banner is revealed to be a gladiator for the Grandmaster and he wants to fight Hela's strongest warriors just for the hell of it. (Pun intended)

5) Oooooor the Grandmaster is a prisoner of Hela as well and he kinda lost a bet to her.

6) And if you want to keep the space theme, there will be enough screentime for Loki... and he'll get a visit from some dude with a purple face.

Something like that.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
CoF8BoFVMAAfuMc.jpg

Sorta reminds me of this:

500x_StarTrek1_01.jpg

Strax

He's kind of essential to Ragnarok in both Marvel Comics and Norse Mythology so I don't know how you don't have him and Fenrir in it.

I'm not saying he can't be in the movie or something like that. Its more that Disney/Marvel are companies that go out of there way to not offend anybody in these movies so thats why I'm kind of shocked. Its a thing one website could pick up and it steamrolls from that.

I'm not saying he can't be in the movie or something like that. Its more that Disney/Marvel are companies that go out of there way to not offend anybody in these movies so thats why I'm kind of shocked. Its a thing one website could pick up and it steamrolls from that.
Doesn't Heimdall mean "fair skinned?" I think they don't care at this point.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Didn't expect that retro logo for Thor, but I love it.

Sulik2

Lupita and Zendaya are something else. Love the diversity in the Strange and Spider-Man casts and Black Panther has a tremendous cast.

Sheroking

So happy to see Benedict Wong in a bunch of cool shit lately.

He's awesome as Kublai Khan on Marco Polo and he and Ejiofor were great together in The Martian.

The Kree

Banned
Spider-Man is gonna be a straight up kids movie from the sound of it. Him versus a bunch of mean old grownups. It'll probably be the first one to break a billi.

Cuburt

Spider-Man is gonna be a straight up kids movie from the sound of it. Him versus a bunch of mean old grownups. It'll probably be the first one to break a billi.
A teens playing teen s in Highschool rather than 30 year olds playing teens. Pretty novel concept, to be sure.

Garlador

A part of me continues to go back in time a decade and remember how unbelievable any of this would be.

If I told my younger self 10 years ago how much I'd be looking forward to movies like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or Doctor Strange, and just how GOOD the casting would be, I'd have laughed so hard.

I'm over the moon.

Literally everything coming out from Marvel looks like an absolute joy.

Only thing that continues to be a source of irritation for me is the complete and utter disconnect between movie and TV. They're both amazing individually,just want some of that synergy.

A part of me continues to go back in time a decade and remember how unbelievable any of this would be.

If I told my younger self 10 years ago how much I'd be looking forward to movies like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or Doctor Strange, and just how GOOD the casting would be, I'd have laughed so hard.

I'm over the moon.

Don't forget going to the park to catch Pokemon.

12 year old me loves 2016.

Literally everything coming out from Marvel looks like an absolute joy.

Only thing that continues to be a source of irritation for me is the complete and utter disconnect between movie and TV. They're both amazing individually,just want some of that synergy.

I'm really hoping taht with the way Marvel TV is failing on ABC, Feige gets aggressive and takes over the TV department from Perlmutter as well.

If he can just bring it all under a single roof again, I think we will finally have what we were originally promised and still expect.

One of the main characters of Luke Cage was the woman who confronted Tony Stark in Civil War.

So no.

But she was a completely unrelated character and cast simultaneously and unknowingly in both projects, right?

shit like this wouldn't happen if it was 1 Marvel. they need that synergy.

Hydrus

Those casts are amazing. Props to marvel for the diversity.

Funny enough, werent there a bunch of debates and people shitting on Marvel, on GAF a few months ago about how there was no diversity? Well I guess those same GAFer's are going to have to find something else to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom