• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel super hero shows leaving Netflix

jason10mm

Gold Member
They going to D+ or memory holed forever? Hmm, I never finished Punisher S2 and don't recall if I even watched DD s3. There may be a LC or IF season I missed as well.

Javthusiast

Banned
Some of the most overhyped superhero stuff out there. Started off with a bang, ended with a whimper.

Yep. Only thing I sat through were the 3 seasons of Daredevil, which were okay to good. Tried the rest and noped out quick.

Last edited:

Pejo

First season of Daredevil was good and I liked the Bernthal Punisher.

Everything else was middling to awful, in my opinion.

D+ deseprately needs some content that isn't Marvel, Star Wars, and kids/family movies. This isn't going to improve it much in my eyes.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Daredevil was fantastic, I found punisher to be the weakest. I enjoyed them all. Deborah Ann Whol should get more work.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I'm a superhero nerd and get pumped for shit like this but tbh the only thing good out of any of that was the earlier seasons of Daredevil and Punisher. The leads did an awesome job but it was the Kingpin that stole the show. The rest of the shows were meh or straight up dog shit.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I personally didn't like any of them, Daredevil was ok.
But yeah they didn't seem like they belonged to the MCU.

Alandring

As long as it still available somewhere, I'm okay. And it makes sense to bring them to Disney+, with other Marvel TV Shows.

I forgot that those still exist. I only watched the first season of Daredevil. I dropped Luke Cage and Jessica Jones after the first episode. I watched a bit of Iron Fist because I wanted to see the fist in action.

sol_bad

I'm pretty sure I have not watched Daredevil S3, Punisher S2 or Iron Fist S2. After a while it all just got a bit boring, too much drama and talking, not enough action.

ManaByte

Gold Member
That's what I was thinking. I also remember reading that these shows would never leave Netflix because they owned the copyrights.
Netflix licensed them from Disney but the shows were produced by Marvel Television and ABC for them. Their license has expired.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
That's what I was thinking. I also remember reading that these shows would never leave Netflix because they owned the copyrights.
At least when you bought a dvd or Blu-ray you own it. No someone coming around later to move it elsewhere. Digital is good don’t get me wrong but yeah the copyright change issues or if twitter decides something is bad etc make it a hassle

Reactions: PJX

Easy way to check who owns the copyrights to a movie or tv show is to watch the credits. I just checked Defenders because of your post and it says ©2017 Marvel Television and ABC Studios. I am sure it's the same for other shows with a different year.

Disney+ never seems to have any Directors Cuts or Extended Editions

Agreed. It's a big oversight and annoying as hell. They obviously have the framework to have different versions of movies there since they have the IMAX one for certain movies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm not a Marvel fan so not an issue for me.

The only thing that interested me was Punisher and that's got to be the most low budget boring TV series ever for a superhero. Bailed after watching maybe 5 episodes of season 2 thinking it'd get better but it somehow got worse.

At least the actress was hot as hell.

Stitch

Gold Member
All shows are coming to Disney+ Star on March 16

If people want to watch Daredevil, don't forget that The Defenders is basically Season 2.5

Last edited:
Top Bottom