• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Played about 3 hours into MUA1 on PS4 and the port isn't terrible, just barebones. Compared to my memories on 360, the framerate, resolution, and loading are all improved. The UI seems seems scaled up as well to fit the resolution, so no squinting. Not much else of note, but its still a good time(so long as you are prepared to kill lots of shit in some bland early game environs...) It isn't the remaster any of us would want, but its serviceable to experience a decade-old game on current hardware.

Still endearing to see all of Marvel come together in one package for some beat em up fun despite the price and DLC shenanigans.

prudislav

Here is the content we are talking about here

MUA1:

Cyclops
Hawkeye
Hulk
Nightcrawler
Doctor Doom
Magneto
Sabretooth
Venom
these were x360 exlusive
+ you forgot:
- PSP exclusives: Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Ronin
- GBA: Jean Grey, Namor, Vision

but i am pretty sue that modders are already on this

eyeless

has anyone tried local multiplayer on the mua pc version? in the original pc release it just straight up didn't work which was ultra shitty, i'll buy eventually if the local mp works and there's no other glaring bugs

has anyone tried local multiplayer on the mua pc version? in the original pc release it just straight up didn't work which was ultra shitty, i'll buy eventually if the local mp works and there's no other glaring bugs

Yeah I remember, you couldn't connect multiple controllers and so it was DOA. Interested to see if it is fixed (looking at other aspects of this port, wouldn't be surprised)

IronLich

My friend and I played MUA2 online on PS4, and we ran into problems with the pause menu where there were a few cases where one of us couldn't press any buttons in the menu, thus could not exit the pause screen, meaning one of us dropping from the game was the only way out.

It's nice to play this game again, but it's very obvious the team putting the new ports together didn't put their whole ass into this revival for reasons beyond missing content.

these were x360 exlusive
+ you forgot:
- PSP exclusives: Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Ronin
- GBA: Jean Grey, Namor, Vision

but i am pretty sue that modders are already on this

The GBA characters weren't really playable. They were just super moves you could use every so often, and considering how the game was designed compared to the other versions I don't think they should count.

Protome

Played a bunch of both games on PS4 last night, 2 holds up much better graphically if nothing else.

The choice to have shared camera control (at least in the first, didn't play 2 co-op) when playing co-op online is something else though.

prudislav

The GBA characters weren't really playable. They were just super moves you could use every so often, and considering how the game was designed compared to the other versions I don't think they should count.
oh i see .. i just used wiki to find the exclusivities :-D But PSP ones should count ( iirc even some of mods for original PC MUA1 had them)

ValeYard

I was all for this coming out, but price and simple port = no purchase for 60 eurones.

Maybe a sale will bring me back. Seems many of us feel the same, dammit Activision.

I'll get my Marvel fix in Lego Marvel Avengers, I guess. (I actually quite like it.)

Certinty

Happy enough with my purchase.

Games plays well enough, not really remastered but at the same time at least there's some improvement.

Although it's overpriced to buy the 2 games on the PS3/360 would cost me around £30 anyway, so when I look at it like that it's not too bad.

Blam

Just downloaded this for my PC holy shit does it suck. Both of them are buggy with audio the controls are stupid.

Why was this greenlit.

I think i'm gonna pick up MUA2 on xbone when they release it. PC version is apparently a no go, and I would get on ps4 but I need more xbone games anyway

I've made some of my arguments as to why I liked MUA1 better than MUA2 earlier in this very thread. To quote:

Skrullos is about where MUA1 gets good, but thats a bit into the game and the shit before that is pretty bad

Atlantis is maybe worst area in any beat em up from the last 15 years. MurderWorld right after that.

2 has it's problems but it benefits from not having those fucking places

I was all for this coming out, but price and simple port = no purchase for 60 eurones.

Maybe a sale will bring me back. Seems many of us feel the same, dammit Activision.

I'll get my Marvel fix in Lego Marvel Avengers, I guess. (I actually quite like it.)
Lego marvel avengers and lego marvel super heroes are great games.

Happy with my mua2 ps4 purchase

Ah so Zoe Mode did this? Odd choice, thought Fun Labs was a shoe-in. Maybe Fun Labs is on Fall of Cybertron.

Edit: Might also be Edge of Eeality as they did Rise of the Dark Spark.

JP

That quote sounds like it is included. Love all the twists and turns to this. DLCgate.
He typed Xbox One in error, he's changed it to Xbox 360 now. :)
Mike Fahey said:
Adding insult to injury, the downloadable characters included in the Xbox 360 (note: I had originally accidentally written Xbox One here) editions of the game aren’t included in the release, making it far less than the definitive version Marvel announced over the weekend.

The Xbox one delay makes zero sense, so my guess is it is being ported from the Xbox 360 gold editions, while the PS4/PC were ported from the PC version

That is the only thing that makes sense

I don't see this being the case. Even though the delay makes no sense I don't see the X1 version being any different content wise.

I've never played these games but I enjoyed Hunter: The Reckoning back in the day, so I've always been interested in the MUA games. These games definitely strike me as being games that should be played with friends. I would be curious to know if these games supported the ability to hop online with a couch co-op buddy (or guest) and get paired up with two more people online?

i-Jest

HOLY sh**

I didn't expect to see something like this happen for at least another year. God bless the new head of Marvel's gaming division.

Skrullos is about where MUA1 gets good, but thats a bit into the game and the shit before that is pretty bad

Atlantis is maybe worst area in any beat em up from the last 15 years. MurderWorld right after that.

2 has it's problems but it benefits from not having those fucking places

I disagree, I really liked both Murderworld and especially Atlantis quite a bit.
The only MUA2 location I remember that was pretty good was Wakanda, I can't remember any of the other locations to save my life.

Looking at one of the images in the Xbox one store doesn't show them.
Not definitive proof but ...

This is literally the last thing that could put the cherry on top. If the XBO one is missing the DLC, too.

Buut....

Players can create and control their own completely unique team, selecting from the largest roster of legendary superheroes ever assembled in one game, including Spiderman, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain America, Ironman, and The Thing.

So the question becomes "How the fuck did they take those screenshots?"

haimon

This is literally the last thing that could put the cherry on top. If the XBO one is missing the DLC, too.

Buut....

So the question becomes "How the fuck did they take those screenshots?"
Is that from Mua1 store? Because hulk was included in mua2 by default.

Edit: from mua1 store....

Is the game any good for PS4? Which one is worth getting, 1 or 2? I need some fun 4 player games. Can I play offline co-op with friends? Thanks! :)

Yes 4 people offline or online co-op.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can do 2 offline 2 online, 3 offline 1 online.

2 was more action packed, the tag team moves are cool but they do get repetitive.

1 to me felt like there was more individual character progression.

malfcn

It's up in the Xbox One store. Mentions same "over 140 and 24 characters" description.

UA1 = Raven Software / Zoe Mode
UA2 = Vicarious Visions / Zoe Mode

Top Bottom