• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

Okay, first the $40 individual price is ridiculous considering they're on 360 digitally for $30. Second, if this doesn't include the DLC for UA1 then it's a failure of a release.

They better not mess this up, I'd love to justify buying this on PC to keep.

Metalmarc

Okay, first the $40 individual price is ridiculous considering they're on 360 digitally for $30. Second, if this doesn't include the DLC for UA1 then it's a failure of a release.

They better not mess this up, I'd love to justify buying this on PC to keep.

Wait for steam sale.

Then Assuming the mods work with the new version (I'm sure they'll get remodded soon enough if not or try buying a old disc copy)

Go to http://marvelmods.com/, download every single charachter released for every version of the games, included all consoles specific Charachters and dlc charachters (inc psp,ps3,xbox 360 etc) mod, and then get the 425 alternate skins mod pack, still not enough? Non marvel skins have been created too heh.

Why would someone get these on PC instead of Marvel Heroes, which is free, looks better, and to my estimation plays better?

Granted there might be some mission design stuff/FTP hooks that could be annoying, and I haven't played Ultimate Alliances in years so maybe I'm overlooking something amazing they did, but...

Like, one is free! And it's basically the same exact game!

Good lordy, that price.

giphy.gif

MrGerbils

$40 for both, with all DLC included, and I'd bite.

$60 is a bit much. Especially because I'm sure this isn't really fully remastered, probably just running at higher res / framerate.

If they want $60 it better have increased particle effects, lighting, depth of field.... fucking something, not just upresed.

I don't mind paying $40 for MUA1 with dlc since my copy of gold got stolen in college :(

Dlc included or not will decide it for me

That's a big question mark, because at least with MUA2, I remember they took the DLC down eventually because the licensing expired or something, so they were urging everyone to buy it before XX date.

And honestly, while I enjoyed these games, I thought the X-Men Legends series was much better.

jmizzal

I'm not sure why anyone would have ever expected anything different. It is activision we are talking about.

Oh well, still worth that asking price.

Yea they did charge $49.99 for Angry Birds on Wii a game thats free and 99 cent LOL

Only reason I will get this game at this price is because in a month all the other new games I want start coming out, so I better get this now while a can play it. I dont know when it will go on sale on Xbox one, if I were to get it on PC, I would def wait.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'll pay their stupid price if it has improved graphics, frame rate, achievements and the dlc

mods would be nice too

Why would someone get these on PC instead of Marvel Heroes, which is free, looks better, and to my estimation plays better?

Granted there might be some mission design stuff/FTP hooks that could be annoying, and I haven't played Ultimate Alliances in years so maybe I'm overlooking something amazing they did, but...

Well, for one thing, Marvel Heroes will inevitably shut down. Two, you only need to pay once (or maybe more than once, if DLC isn't included) to get every hero in Ultimate Alliance.

I'll pay their stupid price if it has improved graphics, frame rate, achievements and the dlc

mods would be nice too

Then I guess you're not going to be paying their stupid price, because expecting Activision to go the extra mile instead of kicking out a straight port is not going to end well.

Also let's see if the 60 dollars is worth it. Because they might do no upgrade. And the game will run at 30fps on current consoles or pc while looking like a decade old game.

Eh, graphically I don't care if it's the same or not. I just want to be able to play it with the DLC included.

megalowho

Was excited at the thread title, but for $60 I'm good. Still got Dialbo III on my PS4 if I need to scratch that itch. Fond memories playing through the Marvel games co-op, though.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be curious if they're gone to Steamworks for the PC version of MAU1. I never played it PC but I'm assuming it was Gamespy initially. I hope they haven't removed online coop completely. MAU2 is a completely new port though since it never came to PC at all so more hope for that, depending on how tight Activision are with the budget.

Just bring over Wolverine Origins to steam though please Activision, I don't think you have to do anything with that, or much at all.

Because I had fun with it when I played it years ago, and want to play it again. Shocking, I know.

Super happy as I never fully got the chance to finish Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I can only wish X-Men Legends 1 and 2 made it but this is a close second. Will wait on a price drop though, $60 is steep, (guessing $80 in Canada) and $40 for a decade old game is asking too much.

Now if only we got Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man, but an Insomniac-made Spider-Man makes up for it at least.

Best wishes.

The first one was grrat, but a bit long in the tooth. Remember the game very fondly and if I could have asked for one remaster it would have been 2, since I was an idiot and sold my copy after barely playing it because I got a good offer. Turned out the game only rose in value afterwards and the sour taste never left.

So great to be able to get it now on current gen. Hope it holds up.

Looked at some screenshots in this thread / on Google Images and that is not how I remember the game looking... Let us just hope they can do their magic, if only for a little bit.

Top Bottom