• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

V-Faction

Finally caught the Grand Finals and the Marvel footage.

Taking MvC3 Animations and using them in MvCI = Very Vs. series-esque. That's what MvC bookmarked its fame upon, reusing old assets.

Cpt. Marvel definitely sounds like Jen Hale.

Lol. "Power Stone"

I will miss assists. Stones are cool, as long as they bring back "INFINITY!!!"

MrMephistoX

Gamora, Scarlet Witch, Wasp and Black Widow seem like no brainers if the MCU is going to be emphasized. I just hope She Hulk makes it back.

TreIII

Dude, I'm so happy right now. I had a bunch of old friends over last night to watch Capcup. Friends I've been playing games with since CotA. We were all so happy after seeing the trailer.

I'm still happy. Can't wait!

And a PC version? Fuck. Yes.

I know dat feel. It was like that first time playing at a MSH cab with some strangers on a boardwalk arcade came rushing back all over again!

I really hope this lives up to the promise it's showing right now.

Ryce

They just confirmed that a Japanese studio is developing the game.

Edit: Versus series veterans from the '90s are working on the game.

Do we think Felicias coming back? Never used her before but I'm loving her in Ultimate the most so far.

I wouldn't count on it.
Darkstalkers characters always are a fickle beast. Morrigan is very likely to come back, but the second one (if there is one) can go to anyone really. Might be Felicia, might be Demitri or Talbain.

Bizazedo

The interview is horrible.

"We know our fans are also looking for depth."

Then continues to spew gibberish that makes it sound less deep.

I wouldn't count on it.
Darkstalkers characters always are a fickle beast. Morrigan is very likely to come back, but the second one (if there is one) can go to anyone really. Might be Felicia, might be Demitri or Talbain.
I'm honestly surprised she made it into 3, but the fact that she did makes me think she might come back again. It's like Jigglypuff.

NotLiquid

Confirmed they've got some of the old guard who worked on the original Marvel/Capcom crossovers.

The interview is horrible.

"We know our fans are also looking for depth."

Then continues to spew gibberish that makes it sound less deep.

This is an interview on the Playstation Livecast. I think the last thing they're going to go in on is mechanically complex stuff that only a hardcore audience would get..

Bizazedo

This is an interview on the Playstation Livecast. I think the last thing they're going to go in on is mechanically complex stuff that only a hardcore audience would get..

No, I mean the words and description he was giving was directly against what he said before. I'm not expecting him to go into super depth, especially this early.

I mean it's like,

"When you make a sandwich, if you have three ingredients, you can make some pretty diverse sandwiches!"

His next sentence was basically.

"We took away two of the ingredients!"

V-Faction

Mike Jones

aa4.jpg

MIKE JONES

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Saying that the game will be feature rich and will be released when its ready. Also putting major emphasis on controls so people can enjoy the game playing on both stick and pad.

Combofiend, the gatekeeper! LOL

barik

I can't handle this interview. One of the guys tried to point out that one of the downsides of 3 is that when a point character needs an OTG assist, the character that provides that assist is automatically just an assist character and a waste of a slot?? I guess that's why anchor Wesker doesn't exist, right? OR IS THAT JUST HOW SYNERGY AND FIGURING OUT A TEAM WORKS YOU FUCKING SCRUB DIPSHITS

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I dont know why anyone would assume the roster will be small for this.

SFV set the tone. Characters will be coming out all the time, like a MOBA.

The name Infinite is likely not only talking about the stones, but some marketing stuff about the 'endless roster additions'.

You will spend lots of money on this game trust me, because Capcom and Marvel both want to make cash on it.

I don't think it wouldn't be like SFV in term of season contents.

I can't handle this interview. One of the guys tried to point out that one of the downsides of 3 is that when a point character needs an OTG assist, the character that provides that assist is automatically just an assist character and a waste of a slot?? I guess that's why anchor Wesker doesn't exist, right? OR IS THAT JUST HOW SYNERGY AND FIGURING OUT A TEAM WORKS YOU FUCKING SCRUB DIPSHITS
It really is a shame that major characters like Wesker and Dr Doom got relegated to back up. You never saw people using them because of it.

Durden77

I thought the interview was pretty great actually. Got me hyped.

The talk about making the game work for controllers and sticks was kind of weird considering I think MvC3 was already excellent on that front, and saying the game ia going to be feature rich on launch is something I'll believe when I see it, but I'm excited about where this is going.

I'm thinking we could potentially lose and gain some things. It's going to be an interesting and different experience. But if it's an experience that can make more of my casual friends understand the joys of MvC while not being dumb and still having solid depth, I'm totally down.

Top Bottom