• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Neoxon

That would make me buy SFV to gain money lol.

It's going to be a long year lol.
Capcom seems to be more forward-thinking about how they let us earn Fight Money, even going as far as to enable FM-earning by watching the Capcom Cup. Maybe it'll carry over to MvCI.

Riposte

If it was just Capcom's name at stake I'd probably feel the same way, but since Marvel is on this boat as well I'm sure they're not going to allow anything to release that is half-ass.
Based on Disney's perfect history of game development?

Negaduck

Posted in the trailer thread so I'll share here if it hasn't been seen.

Iron man has 2 new normals in the trailer. Crouching light punch (wasn't in 3)

v4NTlzH.png

And it looks like he finally learned his old launcher was butt.

Khezu

I wonder how much of this is Combofiends vision vs Marvel giving directions and him having to make a game out of it.

With all the pad talk game is definitely going to be 4 buttons.
Not the worst thing in the world but I do kinda miss the 6 button layout of older games.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It happened on 360 too. That's why you see so many matches on Bonne Wonderland or the training stage.

Frame drops were pretty rare on the 360 version. People pick those two stages in tournament mostly because they're two of the few stages where the background doesn't distract from the action at all and that they're each only 1 notch away from the default random stage option on the stage select.

Sou Da

"trust us, it still feel like the game you love, casual friendly, pros on our payroll play it and they like it, good bye"

That whole interview was the Marvel Producer trying very hard to say it won't be as anemic as SFV on launch without directly stating it.

so it the real, major sticking point for people the loss of assists? I feel that's the only true element from this series getting dropped, and we are getting the stones back in favor (I don't think MSH had assists).

I get being skeptical, but this series has seen so many changes, I don't get all the panic coming yet. Skepticism is deserved, but outright denouncement seems a bit jumpy at this point

Frame drops were pretty rare on the 360 version. People pick those two stages in tournament mostly because they're two of the few stages where the background doesn't distract from the action at all and that they're each only 1 notch away from the default random stage option on the stage select.
Ah, thought they had the least impact on the framerate. My bad

Nephrahim

so it the real, major sticking point for people the loss of assists? I feel that's the only true element from this series getting dropped, and we are getting the stones back in favor (I don't think MSH had assists).

I get being skeptical, but this series has seen so many changes, I don't get all the panic coming yet. Skepticism is deserved, but outright denouncement seems a bit jumpy at this point

I can't speak for everyone, but I feel like the sticking point is that it doesn't seem like it'll play with the same maniac style of the last few Marvel vs Capcom games. It's going to play more like a traditional fighter.

R0ckman

Hope we get strider and in his new design from the rebirth with the virtual scarf.

Dont know what the hell happened with vanilla MvC3. Literally the only character I was happy got in was Amaterasu.

uppercut

Neo Member
I'm really hoping that Niitsuma is working on this -- I remember him Tweeting a few years ago that if he were to make a new MvC he'd try his hardest to bring back all of the Capcom characters and as many Marvel characters as he could. He knows the demand for a huge roster.

I agree. I wish he would have been at the reveal last night instead of that annoying Ono.

R0ckman

How drastic of changes will we see on animations and models? Character facial expressions like X are very static, when he was readying his super he looked so souless.

MoxManiac

How drastic of changes will we see on animations and models? Character facial expressions like X are very static, when he was readying his super he looked so souless.

He's probably just unfinished. Ryu and Captain Marvel had plenty of expressions, i'm sure they'll add some for X.

DrDogg

I have faith in combofiend.

This game gonna be good.

Combofiend definitely knows what he's doing, but my concern is how much Capcom will listen to him. I know S-kill had issues at Capcom because the development team didn't necessarily listen to his input on some things.

I've also had similar issues myself when I have more intimate contact with dev teams and they refuse to listen to the advice of someone that may know more than them or at least be able to see something from the outside that they're missing since they're so close to the game. I can think of 3 games off the top of my head where I had direct access to the devs, they ignore my concerns and the game was made worse because of it.

So let's see how much they actually listen to Combofiend. If he is indeed battle director then he should have enough influence, but I don't think we know his exact position for this game.

so they don't have the buttons down?

Yeah that's what I heard last night as well. They're still debating control scheme, some of the battle systems and more.

I'm not impressed with what we've seen on X at all so far. Very sterile and lacking in personality (although considering his actual personality in the games, maybe that's for the best). Not just his face, but his moves looks so uninspired, random punches and an occasional buster shot. The super they showed was a a slightly bigger buster shot, like really? If you want to make X look cool then use his armors or boss powers or something, not the most generic moves imaginable.

Spinluck

While I am happy that they're getting some of the UMvC3 VAs to come back (hopefully that includes Josh Keaton as Spidey), I'm not really expecting Greg Ellis to come back as Rocket. Now don't get me wrong, I loved Greg Ellis' performance as Rocket, it's just a far-cry from the MCU performance to where I could see him getting swapped out for Trevor Devall to better line up with the MCU. At least in the case of Loomis, Keaton, or even Bloom, they aren't that far off from the performances given by their MCU counterparts.

I'm still salty Keaton isn't Spidey in Insomniac's game. My favorite Spidey voice actor.

R0ckman

I'm not impressed with what we've seen on X at all so far. Very sterile and lacking in personality (although considering his actual personality in the games, maybe that's for the best). Not just his face, but his moves looks so uninspired, random punches and an occasional buster shot. The super they showed was a a slightly bigger buster shot, like really? If you want to make X look cool then use his armors or boss powers or something, not the most generic moves imaginable.

Yeah X Zone treated him much better, thought the exact same thing when I saw him in this.

I'd rather X be soulless than whine about violence lul

I'm sure X has a lot more to show. You're not going to get a full grasp of the character just like that. The gameplay video looks like it was quickly put together.

Anth0ny

oooooh god damn, combo has spoken:

"Marvel 3 fans who played deep into the game without any problems might have trouble understanding this, but Marvel 3 was just too difficult."

"If we want new people from this generation of gamers to come in, then we need it accessible, simple, and playable by anyone. You can't let yourself get preoccupied with nothing but gameplay and balance details.

"That's where the core of the MvC concept lies, not on doggedly keeping the game the way it was before," he concluded.

that was actually Sakurai talking about Melee. but I'm getting the same vibes from this game :(

Top Bottom