• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

My prediction roster

Capcom
1. Ryu
2. Megaman X
3. Morrigan
4. Chun-Li
5. Akuma
6. Batsu
7. Gene
8. Asura
9. Jill (RE1)
10. Spencer
11. Captain Commando
12. Kenji
13. Wesker
14. Sigma
15. Dante (DMC4)
16. Vergil

Marvel
1. Iron Man
2. Captain Marvel
3. Captain America
4. Spider-Man
5. Venom
6. Black Widow
7. Punisher
8. Ultron
9. Black Panther
10. Star Lord
11. Winter Soldier
12. Scarlet Witch
13. Hawkeye
14. Thor
15. Thanos
16. Rocket Raccoon
They ain't dropping Phoenix and Arthur to give us fucking Batsu lol

Also- Groot and Ant Man are all but confirmed to be in.

NotLiquid

My personal list so far; it's a bit of an amalgamation of who I'd predict and who I'd personally want.

fantasyroster5butp.png

Honestly it's really hard to predict anything for this game. Conventional wisdom says there's probably going to be less characters in this game's starting roster than Marvel 3, but that makes it really hard to rationalize what characters of the obvious picks will return in order to make room for newcomers, as well as whether or not certain "groups"/franchises have to be toned down to make representation fair.

As much as I hate the thought I feel like we're only getting one Darkstalkers rep this time (if we're getting two I'm erring towards Hsien-Ko over Felicia due to Capcom seemingly wanting more of a marketable exposure and we know what the likes of ESPN think of R.Mika for one). I'm kind of flip flopping on Strider, depending on what time of the day you ask me I'd say Asura is more likely. Phoenix Wright might be assumed as the easiest pick for the chopping block in terms of vets but he's among one of Capcom's most popular ongoing franchises as of present and I think they'll want him back for that reason.

Marvel side is a bit easier to predict but I think they're gonna want to throw a bone to some of their ongoing comics as well.

My prediction roster

Capcom
1. Ryu
2. Megaman X
3. Morrigan
4. Chun-Li
5. Akuma
6. Batsu
7. Gene
8. Asura
9. Jill (RE1)
10. Spencer
11. Captain Commando
12. Kenji
13. Wesker
14. Sigma
15. Dante (DMC4)
16. Vergil

Marvel
1. Iron Man
2. Captain Marvel
3. Captain America
4. Spider-Man
5. Venom
6. Black Widow
7. Punisher
8. Ultron
9. Black Panther
10. Star Lord
11. Winter Soldier
12. Scarlet Witch
13. Hawkeye
14. Thor
15. Thanos
16. Rocket Raccoon
No zero?

I was wondering, for players want DMC characters, which version makes more sense to use? DMC4SE Vergil or keep umvc3 moves?
Dante with DMC4 makes sense if this would be a new iteration.
Dahbomb where are you?

I'm not surprised about that X thing. There was such a hubbub about needing a Mega Man, and X got the majority of the attention. Personally I still would have preferred Classic, but he got into Smash, so whatever.

dankir

Still have hopes that the Marvel side will have good MCU villain representation.

Iron Monger
Red Skull
Loki
Ultron
Abomination
Thanos

FinKL

Letting us know X-Men/F4 are coming down the line is pretty big news.

I don't mind it, because we all know these are the sure sellers, well at least the X-men lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm very glad that Mega Man X made in the roster this time so I hope that we are going to get more variety in the roster, in term of franchises. I would love to see Breath of Fire rep tho.

Didn't Gene also top a lot of these along with Asura?

Heavybreathing.gif

Gene, Yes. He made to top three pretty often when it come down to request polls/ballots.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Still have hopes that the Marvel side will have good MCU villain representation.

Iron Monger
Red Skull
Loki
Ultron
Abomination
Thanos
Abomination is the least likely candidate because of Hulk. I could see Iron Monger being a replacement for Sentinel tho.

Anth0ny

I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Negaduck

I feel like asura is too intense and hype to not be almost a lock for this game.

I mean he started a fight on earth that went to the moon and then back to the earth!

He also went one on one with Akuma!

Asura has to be in this

guek

Banned

Iron Monger
Red Skull
Loki
Ultron
Abomination
Thanos

They need better cosmic Marvel representation.

Annihilus
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Phyla-Vell
Gamora
Ronan

I want them all!

cordy

Banned
Capcom's actually doing to this game that they should have done with all their other games that have had issues this past decade.

- First in-house studio title the past decade
- X is getting the respect he deserves after fan requests
- X-Men and Fantastic Four will be in the game (as DLC but still you're giving people DLC for characters you know they actually want)
- Possibly a large amount of characters
- Amazing Story Mode that Marvel themselves are already mega-hyped about
- Rich single-player content that's already been mentioned
- Rich multi-player content that's already been mentioned

Looks dope so far.

Tizoc

According to this Famitsu interview, X's inclusion was directly influenced by him placing at the top of several UMvC3 surveys.

For those curious, I did a search for such polls and found the following
http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelv...pcom-3-characters-dlc-poll-from-various-sites
SRK forums said:
FINAL RESULTS:

MARVEL TOP 15

1. Psylocke 105 votes

2. Gambit 100 votes

3. Ms. Marvel 85 votes

4. Venom (Eddie Brock) 70 votes

5. Cyclops 69 votes

6. Dr. Octopus 53 votes

7. Thanos 52 votes

8. Carnage 42 votes

9. Juggernaut 42 votes

10. Rogue 39 votes

11. Black Panther 31 votes

12. Emma Frost 31 votes

13. Cable 30 votes

14. Nightcrawler 24 votes

15. Blade 21 votes

CAPCOM TOP 15

1. Megaman X 116 votes

2. Gene 109 votes

3. Sigma 79 votes

4. Captain Commando 71 votes

5. Jin Saotome 63 votes

6. M. Bison (Dictator) 47 votes

7. Asura 34 votes

8. Jedah 33 votes

9. Juri 31 votes

10. Megaman 27 votes

11. Ryu (Breath of Fire) 25 votes

12. Nina (Breath of Fire) 20 votes

13. Cammy 16 votes

14. B.B. Hood 15 votes

15. Roll 15 votes

Capcomunity said:
MARVEL TOP 10

1. Gambit (615)
2. Venom (561)
3. Ms. Marvel (447)
4. Cyclops (294)
5. Psylocke (268)
6. Green Goblin (236)
7. Black Panther (204)
8. Carnage (202)
9. Anti-Venom (191)
10. Squirrel Girl (168)

CAPCOM TOP 10

1. Mega Man X (1075)
2. Gene (647)
3. Classic Mega Man (263)
4. Jin Saotome (197)
5. Jon Talbain (195)
6. Captain Commando (192)
7. Masamune Date (144)
8. M. Bison (137)
9. Megaman.EXE (118)
10. Jedah (108) / Bass.EXE (108)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439810
NeoGAF(!) said:
Here is top 10 of each side.

Capcom
1. Gene - 94
2. Megaman X - 66
3. Ryu (Breath of Fire) - 41
4. Cap. Commando - 27
5. Jin - 26
6. Roll - 21
7. Nina - 18
8. Vanessa - 17
9. Asura - 14
10. B.B.Hood - 13
10. Jedah - 13

Honorable Mention: Sigma, Juri and Classic Megaman tied @ 12

Marvel
1. Gambit - 61
2. Ms. Marvel - 55
3. Venom - 54
4. Emma Frost - 50
5. Dr. Octopus - 42
6. Psylocke - 36
7. Cyclops - 30
8. Carnage - 24
9. Green Goblin - 21
10. Juggernaut - 19

Honorable Mention:
Blade @ 18
Rogue @ 16
Daredevil and Nightcrawler @ 14

mooncakes

I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.

I will gladly pay any amount for Gambit. So good news.

Jawmuncher

My personal list so far; it's a bit of an amalgamation of who I'd predict and who I'd personally want.

fantasyroster5butp.png

Honestly it's really hard to predict anything for this game. Conventional wisdom says there's probably going to be less characters in this game's starting roster than Marvel 3, but that makes it really hard to rationalize what characters of the obvious picks will return in order to make room for newcomers, as well as whether or not certain "groups"/franchises have to be toned down to make representation fair.

As much as I hate the thought I feel like we're only getting one Darkstalkers rep this time (if we're getting two I'm erring towards Hsien-Ko over Felicia due to Capcom seemingly wanting more of a marketable exposure and we know what the likes of ESPN think of R.Mika for one). I'm kind of flip flopping on Strider, depending on what time of the day you ask me I'd say Asura is more likely. Phoenix Wright might be assumed as the easiest pick for the chopping block in terms of vets but he's among one of Capcom's most popular ongoing franchises as of present and I think they'll want him back for that reason.

Marvel side is a bit easier to predict but I think they're gonna want to throw a bone to some of their ongoing comics as well.
I'd be cool with this

Dahbomb

I was wondering, for players want DMC characters, which version makes more sense to use? DMC4SE Vergil or keep umvc3 moves?
Dante with DMC4 makes sense if this would be a new iteration.
Dahbomb where are you?
DMC4SE Vergil is kinda broken even in that game. You need to make some adjustments.

I think you can make some slight adjustments and make it more like SE. They can make Vergil more interesting in this new game by adding in the motivation mechanic from SE. He starts out weaker and has lower range on normals but gets more motivated over time. You build that motivation meter by being aggressive, landing attacks and lose it if you get hit or whiff normals. They can add in perfect Judgment Cuts like EWGF to make him a skillful character like in SE. Some more aerial options like the air combo for Yamato and air Lunar Phase.

They have to make Spiral Swords cost 2 meter now. Or change it dramatically. Vergil from Marvel 3 would dominate in this game if it's going to play like I think it would.

I don't buy there being a Power Stone character and no Rival Schools character.

Didn't Capcom reach out a while ago at the possibility of a new Rival Schools/remake?

As much as I like Batsu's VA, I'd love to see Akira or give Hinata her turn. (Natsu would also be ok)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Updated wet dream list

Capcom
1. Ryu
2. Megaman X
3. Morrigan
4. Chun-Li
5. Akuma
6. Lady(DMC3)
7. Gene
8. Asura
9. Amaterasu
10. Arthur
11. Leon(RE4)
12. Jin Saotome(BLODIAAAAA!)
13. Wesker
14. Sigma
15. Dante (DMC4)
16. Nero(DMC4...i miss my Devil Bringer)

Marvel
1. Iron Man
2. Captain Marvel
3. Captain America
4. Spider-Man
5. Venom
6. Black Widow
7. Punisher
8. Gamora
9. Black Panther
10. Iron Fist
11. Medusa
12. Spectrum( ...shades:D )
13. Hawkeye
14. Thor
15. Thanos
16. Rocket Raccoon

I'm having a lot of hope guys! Gene is coming! I feel it!!

Looks like Crystal Hunter:

latest

ZcwKI7n.gif

EohX37G.gif

Can't find any other attack that looks as similar as that.

Oh, you're right. I'm an idiot... As I'm looking at the GIF now, it's definitely that. I was seeing something Completely different last night. xD

I like your list NotLiquid, but surely one of those from the Marvel side would need to be removed in order for Thanos to make his way. I think he is definitely a shoe-in.

cordy

Banned
Yep that's definitely looking like Crystal Hunter. He's got that, his X1 armor so they're keeping him faithful and grabbing moves from each game thus far. Amazing. Man, this is crazy I still can't believe X is actually in the game.

Dahbomb

It's going to be most interesting how they handle Dante.

I think if they are porting heavily then we will just get DMC3 Dante. Which is fine because that's a great Dante moveset wise. Probably best to do that to save time and resources. They should add in Spiral moves too though.

Skab

It's upsetting to think that if we get venom, gambit, and cyclops back they won't have the same voicesthatbare already so ingrained in our memories.

BEHOLD

OPTIC BLAST

NotLiquid

I like your list NotLiquid, but surely one of those from the Marvel side would need to be removed in order for Thanos to make his way. I think he is definitely a shoe-in.

The last two on the Marvel side are basically personal wishes that I don't entirely expect, and I fully anticipate Thanos to be there instead lol

I think if they are porting heavily then we will just get DMC3 Dante. Which is fine because that's a great Dante moveset wise. Probably best to do that to save time and resources. They should add in Spiral moves too though.

I don't know if they'll keep the whole moveset tbh. I hope they will. Dante is probably one of the best fighting game character ever created in that aspect.

StoopKid

Maybe this is a way that fox doesn't get a cut of the full game?

Doesn't marvel have to pay fox for merch?

Sesha

According to this Famitsu interview, X's inclusion was directly influenced by him placing at the top of several UMvC3 surveys.

Time for GAF, Capcom-Unity, SRK, reddit, etc. to make their own polls for Infinite.

I hope it's MvC3 Dante with his DMC5 look, and additional moves from DMC4 and DmC like Lucifer, Pandora, Ricoshit and Reverse Rainstorm. Maybe some from DMC5 as well.

dankir

It's upsetting to think that if we get venom, gambit, and cyclops back they won't have the same voicesthatbare already so ingrained in our memories.

BEHOLD

OPTIC BLAST

My attempt to write out Gambit's lines from MvC.

KUHNETIC-CARD
or
K-NETIK CARD

So when's Gene and Jon Tailban?
When's the Character Disscusion Thread? ;p
The last two on the Marvel side are basically personal wishes that I don't entirely expect, and I fully anticipate Thanos to be there instead lol

I like list too. Solid but I'm surprised you left out Dr Strange, Iron Fist, and Rocket.
edit:
Maybe this is a way that fox doesn't get a cut of the full game?

Doesn't marvel have to pay fox for merch?
Fox doesn't make money of MvC

cordy

Banned
For Dante I say they do the unthinkable and give him his DMC5 look with DMC5 inspired moves or at least a few from the game. That way, it'll be a "hey, DMC5 is happening and we have some moves for it check it out" sort of thing.

Top Bottom