• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

SaikyoBro

So, mostly the FF part and Frank/Dante.
What abot the X-Men characters? Do you know something about that?

I was told in December that X-Men/F4 would be "coming", I interpreted it to mean as DLC but it's possible that they're on the disc. I think the GameFAQs leaker's explanation lines up with my info, Capcom might legitimately still be working that out.

Armigr

If all these leaks are legitimate than I'm surprised to hear we won't be getting any announcements alongside Guardians of the Galaxy 2. That's definitely what I was banking on.

J-Tier

If all these leaks are legitimate than I'm surprised to hear we won't be getting any announcements alongside Guardians of the Galaxy 2. That's definitely what I was banking on.
They said they weren't going to tie reveals with other media.

Kurtofan

I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.

three villains excluding dlc? that sucks.

I was told in December that X-Men/F4 would be "coming", I interpreted it to mean as DLC but it's possible that they're on the disc. I think the GameFAQs leaker's explanation lines up with my info, Capcom might legitimately still be working that out.
Thanks for the answwr!
Really hoping to see some X-Men in the base roster, many of us would be happy.

I'll keep my hopes for Psylocke as DLC.

I can't imagine that roster plus not the following Capcom characters at this point : At least one Ace Attorney character, at least one more SF (either Chun, Akuma or SF5 rep) and Wesker. The following three slots are locks IMO.

I wonder what each character will be doing in the story. Will Hiryu, for instance, be on a side on his own, being contracted to gather the infinity stones for someone like the Collector or would he be just a Capcom side good guy

Prepare for Ronan the Accuser, Whiplash, Caecilius, and Malekith.

I wish. His Universal Weapon's abilities would be amazing to see.

because
it-only-does-everything.jpg

Lava, Ice, Telekinesis, Gravity Manipulation, hitting things hard, molecular reconstruction,

Weiss

Banned
I think the villain situation is highly overstated. What'll probably happen is that the bulk of story mode will be the heroes beating each other up, then the villains, and then finally Ultron-Sigma.

Ronan would actually work out well as a sub-villain for Thanos if he were in and one of the main antagonists, if the game was going for a story mode. Given that leak list (which despite vetting around here, I don't really put that much stock into) there's only Doc Ock and Venom, though neither of those two make that much sense working for Sigma or Ultron.

Ultron would probably use his own drones and Sigma his Maverick Army. They'll probably have NPC drones with Vile and Vision (possible DLC choices. Vision betrays Ultron in story like always) as a bit more than simple drones

I could see him manipulating Doc Ock though, since he did something similar with the Masters of Evil.

Neoxon

Assuming it's just 32, I do believe that we'll get Chun-Li & Asura. If Sigma is only a boss, I think we'd get both Wesker & Phoenix Wright. If Sigma is his own playable character, it'll be down to between those two.....unless both get in & Asura gets left out of the base roster.

Concerning Marvel, I'm pretty damn confident in Thor, Hulk, & Star-Lord being 3 of the Final 4. The first 2 are mainstay Avengers, & I'd be legit surprised if we don't get a 2nd Guardian. But if Ultron isn't his own playable character, then I can see Black Widow getting his spot.

I'm going to put the rumors together to create a roster, from few sources. I recommend people to take it with a grain of salts.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Disclaimer: The roster isn't complete so don't panic.

Super Skrull, Doctor Doom or/and Silver Surfer may be DLC so I'm not going to put them up on the list.
Ah so this is where the leak discussion came from.

Weiss

Banned
So my copy of Tatsunoko came in and I've been playing it for an hour and JFC this game is so much better than Marvel 3.

Please for the love of god let Infinite be TvC with Marvel characters.

Jawmuncher

So my copy of Tatsunoko came in and I've been playing it for an hour and JFC this game is so much better than Marvel 3.

Please for the love of god let Infinite be TvC with Marvel characters.

It's good, but I still say the roster is lacking on the capcom side.
yeah it's smaller and such, but it could've been a bit better.

I don't know anything about Tatsunoko so I don't care about those guys

What aspects about TVC make it so much better than MVC3?

X-Factor is stupid and Baroque is much better, I'll admit. Mega Crash, I don't want in a Marvel game.

Weiss

Banned
It's good, but I still say the roster is lacking on the capcom side.
yeah it's smaller and such, but it could've been a bit better.

I don't know anything about Tatsunoko so I don't care about those guys

I mean honestly that's what MvC1 and 2 were for me years ago. Who the heck were ninja guy, scarf guy, and sunglasses guy?

Plus you get totally off the wall picks like Megaman Volnutt and PTX. It's awesome.

What aspects about TVC make it so much better than MVC3?

X-Factor is stupid and Baroque is much better, I'll admit. Mega Crash, I don't want in a Marvel game.

I don't like TvC more than MvC3, but TACs suck.

Baroque, the roster is balanced, universal air dash.

No goddamned hidden missiles or Dark Phoenix.

Doubtful. It's more likely that Groot is with Rocket.
TvC has low power levels. We're talking about a game where Soul Fist is a top assist - lol.

Well, MVC3's roster is way bigger than TVC's, so the chances of it being balanced isn't that great. I'm also sure Zero, Yatterman, and Tekkaman Blade were noticeably better than the others, though I haven't played it for yrs. Zero was tops last I played.

Universal air dash? Ehhhh, don't think I wanna see Hulk with one of those.

Karst, I hate TAC's as well.

StoopKid

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Disclaimer: The roster isn't complete so don't panic.

Damn going by this only 4 more marvel characters unknown.

Phillyrider807

Neo Member
32 characters seems fine for a initial launch. I think its safe to say this game will see monthly dlc for at least the next 2 years if SFV is anything to go buy.

Neoxon

32 characters seems fine for a initial launch. I think its safe to say this game will see monthly dlc for at least the next 2 years if SFV is anything to go buy.
At least SFV redid all of the characters from scratch, so its smaller launch roster was somewhat understandable. Just 32 at launch for a game that's recycling animations for the veterans would be a bit disappointing.

Top Bottom