• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

TreIII

So, I've been lurking on this thread for a while, and just joined the site yesterday so I could give my thoughts on stuff.

Really hope this thing Ryce is talking about is legit. It's been literally 4 months since MvCI's announcement.

*Welcome_To_The_Family_Son.gif*

But seriously, glad to have you aboard!

Dahbomb

The main focus of Capcom at E3 is going to be DMC5. It's not going to be a massive blow out for Marvel Infinite that takes away from that game. We will be seeing some stuff for Marvel Infinite leading up to E3 because they are saving up E3 for DMC5.

Neoxon

The main focus of Capcom at E3 is going to be DMC5. It's not going to be a massive blow out for Marvel Infinite that takes away from that game. We will be seeing some stuff for Marvel Infinite leading up to E3 because they are saving up E3 for DMC5.
That'd actually make sense. We're due for the reveal of whatever Itsuno's been working on this year, & I'd be surprised if it wasn't DMC5 at this point.

Jawmuncher

Not really.

I'msorryplsdontcrucifyme

Things were going so well too
KsXxPM3.gif

I'll let it slide this time though.

Just realised something
Thinking about the FF characters considered for DLC I shouldn't worry about the lack of X-Men reps then, since one way or another, they can show up. And there's the Ryce's post shortly after the game was announced.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Psylocke though. (I know... I'm a broken record hahah)

Not really.

I'msorryplsdontcrucifyme
If you don't want Psylocke in, you should go...

Lol

schaft0620

Why not both

schaft0620

Both will be there along with other Capcom stuff but Marvel Infinite already had its shot in the limelight at PSX. It's just going to be the usual more characters/modes information at E3.

What else is there????????

And the usual? Like it's some sort of yearly COD release?

Dahbomb

What else is there????????

And the usual? Like it's some sort of yearly COD release?
Usual as in the usual stuff they reveal for new fighting games at these trade shows which is new modes and characters.

That applies to SFV too which before we all forget is still a fighting game that is getting supported by Capcom.

sinkfla87

Go back and play it!
It was pretty good even though I really don't like FP view games.

I played about 3 hours of it in VR, got motion sickness and took a break. Let my friend borrow my VR, and now I'm wondering if I should wait for my friend to return my VR or if I should just jump back into it? Also, I'm a wimp when it comes to horror games haha.

I do wonder what news we get this week, Ryce said temper your expectations so that leads me to believe we'll get a few returning character announcements (that aren't x men).

I played about 3 hours of it in VR, got motion sickness and took a break. Let my friend borrow my VR, and now I'm wondering if I should wait for my friend to return my VR or if I should just jump back into it? Also, I'm a wimp when it comes to horror games haha.

I do wonder what news we get this week, Ryce said temper your expectations so that leads me to believe we'll get a few returning character announcements (that aren't x men).

I don't have a VR set so don't really know how it's in that mode. It's not that long, so you should give it a go.

Ryce was referring about the X-Men part, since he doesn't really know about that. So some people (like me) don't get their hopes up.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You'll fit right in. You just need to change your avatar to Lilith and bring her up at every opportunity, and you're good as gold.

Bar avatars, It worked just fine for me. I got Mega Man, Duck Hunt, Little Mac, Dark Pit and many more in Smash 4, and it's literally just make for me. Street Fighter V and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 were up there too.

I don't think Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite would match up to UMVC3 Roster easily.

Skab

I'll definitely dislike the game within the context of the Marvel series legacy, but I will buy and play it if it has characters I enjoy playing. Feel free to put me on ignore. I bet I'll play this game longer than most of the "hype posters" that fill these things.

There's also a part of me that hopes they will reconsider and make the game TvC 2.0 instead of SFxT 2.0.

What have you heard/seen that you've made up your mind that you like it? I share the same concerns as Karst based on everything we've been told. :/

I haven't made up my mind that I'll like it. But I also am not automatically assuming its going to be crap and spending my time being negative about it. I'm excited to see the roster and learn more about the gameplay so I can see if I'll like it or not, and am hopeful I will.

Being negative about everything is just fucking annoying. At least wait until you know something about the game before you decide to shit on it.

I haven't made up my mind that I'll like it. But I also am not automatically assuming its going to be crap and spending my time being negative about it. I'm excited to see the roster and learn more about the gameplay so I can see if I'll like it or not, and am hopeful I will.

Being negative about everything is just fucking annoying. At least wait until you know something about the game before you decide to shit on it.
Things I know about this game:
2v2 instead of 3v3 - ew.
No assists - ew.
SFxT tag combos - ew.
Gems - ew.
Megaman X - yay.

There have to be a lot of yays to make me feel better about the title - I think I know plenty of bad things already. I would be really surprised if tridashes were in, too.

The worst people are those that pretend we have to know everything before we know something.

BossRush

Man maybe I should change my avatar to J.Talbain to show my support for my guy never getting into Marvel

On the other hand, Arcsys still has to add Bridget into Xrd...choices...

Dahbomb

Stone aren't bad by themselves. They add more to your characters than just stats. There is also the strategic aspect of when to use their actives. But I do think that for proper customization we need to be able to use more than one gem. Then that would make teams more different from each other. Imagine if I can use a speed gem with a space gem that gives air dashes or double jumps. I can play my Ryu in a more pixie VS style manner.

But nothing is going to alleviate no assists unless we get a gem that allows for assists. It's too big of a loss.

Phillyrider807

Neo Member
If we are getting reveals it's most definitely either starlord or rocket/groot with GOTG coming out really soon.

Capcoms side hope they reveal commando or jedah. Commando is one of the few characters i think can work without any assists.

As far as the "depth" of the game i agree that as of now it looks pretty damn horrible. 2v2 no assists is a strict downgrade from what everyone is used to. But i'm still gonna wait it out and see what the final product is. I have faith that combofiend knows what this game needs to live up to the marvel legacy.

We need to be able to use more then one gem. There's 6 of them. Why do we only get to use one?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If we are getting reveals it's most definitely either starlord or rocket/groot with GOTG coming out really soon.

Capcoms side hope they reveal commando or jedah. Commando is one of the few characters i think can work without any assists.

As far as the "depth" of the game i agree that as of now it looks pretty damn horrible. 2v2 no assists is a strict downgrade from what everyone is used to. But i'm still gonna wait it out and see what the final product is. I have faith that combofiend knows what this game needs to live up to the marvel legacy.

GotG is out this week in Europe (27th) too.

Jawmuncher

I'm ready to see some Resident Evil. If that ain't one of the first reveals out of the gate (Especially with RE7 having just released) i'll be super surprised.

jbug617

Banned
So I hear there was an MvCI press event in Germany a few days ago and that the embargo lifts at the end of the week. There are some big surprises in store, which I'm not going to spoil out of respect to Capcom.

I remember last week someone from Capcom Europe PR posted pic of her and Combofiend in a airport. Maybe they were getting ready to go to the event.
C9tvUuMXYAESOI_.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/Skellylicious/status/854398975415332866

Look at her post today.
Dubai ✅ Paris ✅ Hamburg ✅ events all done! Now time to head home for a final one in London Town! 🇬🇧🎮
https://mobile.twitter.com/Skellylicious/status/856040057123336192

So... this showed up at GF
Take with a HUGE grain of salt

Capcom Side:

(CONFIRMED ONES)
Ryu
Rockman X[Called only "X" in HUD]
Morrigan Aensland

[NEWCOMERS and RETURNING HEROES]:
Darkstalkers:

- Jedah
- Jon Talbain

Cyberbots:

- Jin Saotome
- a brand new Cyberbots character(Maybe Devilotte of DeathSatan or Shade, the supersoldier]

Strider:
- Strider
(Grandmaster Meio appears as a cameo in one of the stages)

Capcom heroes:
- Captain Commando
- Arthur
- Pure[Yes, only Pure. Fur and the other two characters from C.World Quiz 2 appears as personal assists]
- Asura
- Edward Fokker/Falcon
- A BoF rep.

Devil May Cry:
- Dante(With DMC4 suit, but with a mix of DMC3 and 4 moveset]
- Death Vanguard[The classic boss from DMC3]

Rockman:

- Wily
- Roll[TvC Roll suit with a mix of TvC and MvC1 moveset]

RE:

- Jill Valentine[Actual suit. MvC classic moveset. Instead of a hyper with Tyrant, Nemesis replace it]
- Leon Kennedy

Street Fighter:

- Chun-Li
- Rashid
- Gouki
- A SF2 character who doens't are Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Guile or Gouki[A gift of the 30th anniversary of SF2. Some hints appoint to be Blanka, because of Yoshinori Ono's requests, and also to be a desired rival of Hulk, since Marvel Super Heroes VS. Street Fighter]

MARVEL SIDE:

There's some especulation because Steve Rogers, the Captain America. Since the latest reveal of Cap. America being a Hydra agent(And because of that, Capcom of USA could want to avoid a Nazi element in the game, for esports safe move) the staff are discussing if Captain America should be removed or changed into U.S. Agent.

The fate of that discussion will be revealed in E3, when the first stage of the character reveals will be exposed. One of those 3 things will happen: Steve Rogers will be maintained, or replaced to the U.S. Agent or there will be no Captain America character in the game.

X-Men will be represented in the initial roster in a good number. This is counting the potential DLCs. We don't know who will be in the initial roster and who will be dlc.

X-Men:

- Wolverine(With the classic MVC1 suit, not the MvC3 one)
- Cyclops(Classic, with the classic 80's suit being a alt.)
- Storm
- Magneto(He will gain a new special move based on X-Men COTA. The E.M. Pulse)
- Psylocke
- Deadpool

The Avengers:

- Iron Man(Officially confirmed)
- Hulk(The classic MvC1 version. With intellect of the Bruce Banner. His human form will appear as a npc in the story mode]
- Thor(With the MvC3 suit)
- Rocket Racoon/Groot(Groot will appear in two special moves and one hyper. Rocket will appear to be more SERIOUS than in MvC3)
- Ms. Marvel
- Adam Warlock(He will be the counterpart of X, being the important Marvel character in Story mode, especially because of the infinity gems. Imagine him as the good counterpart of Thanos when using the gem supers.)
- Black Widow
- Thanos(He will not be a boss character, but he will appear in story mode as one of the last enemies before the real final boss. The joke "thanoscopter" will appear but not exactly like all people are used to see in the HQs)
- Stan Lee(A secret joke character who will use Dan's clothes.)

- Fantastic Four
[ALL DLC]
?

Bosses[Actually, regular characters who serves as sub-bosses in story mode]:

- Ultron[Classic design]
- Sigma[Irregular hunter X design]

Final Boss:

Irregular Ultron[He will have the mixture appearances of X5 Sigma and classic Ultron. Unplayable. Two forms. One who reminds Sentinel and other who reminds a bit the final boss from X7]

Neonep

Itsuno said whatever he is working (90% sure it is DMC5) will be announced sometime this year. So it is pretty much a lock for E3 or TGS.

Jawmuncher

So... this showed up at GF
Take with a HUGE grain of salt

[NEWCOMERS and RETURNING HEROES]:

- a brand new Cyberbots character(Maybe Devilotte of DeathSatan or Shade, the supersoldier]

- Pure[Yes, only Pure. Fur and the other two characters from C.World Quiz 2 appears as personal assists]
- Asura
- Edward Fokker/Falcon
- A BoF rep.

Devil May Cry:
- Death Vanguard[The classic boss from DMC3]

Rockman:
- Roll[TvC Roll suit with a mix of TvC and MvC1 moveset]

RE:

- Jill Valentine[Actual suit. MvC classic moveset. Instead of a hyper with Tyrant, Nemesis replace it]
- Leon Kennedy

Street Fighter:

- Rashid
- Gouki
- A SF2 character who doens't are Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Guile or Gouki[A gift of the 30th anniversary of SF2. Some hints appoint to be Blanka, because of Yoshinori Ono's requests, and also to be a desired rival of Hulk, since Marvel Super Heroes VS. Street Fighter]

This alone has me calling fake as fuck. (along with everything I left in the quote)
Cyberbots:

I can get bringing back some older characters from MVC1/2. But bringing another cyberbots character. Especially right out of the gate is a impossibility. Ghost N Goblins being a 10x bigger franchise (despite being small now), didn't even manage that.

That was the biggest thing that stood out, but I sure am calling bullshit on that.

Top Bottom