• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Asura has to make this list. I wonder if they would do asura and his homie. They could both be cool.

Yasha. That's his name. He could be bad ass.

b858346964f494e00df2bcb630b33766.jpg
Dang, I need to play this game. The character design is so good. Asura was already cool, and this guy is even cooler.

I could see Sigma transforming into one of his huge forms for a Lvl3. Would probably look something like Anarkaris from MVC2.
Wolf Sigma or bust.

And definitely not big fat zord Sigma from X3:
latest

Yeah, Sneakers threw the idea of the Soul Gem and the character not disappearing out there pointing to a revival, iirc.

I didn't think about it beforehand, but it makes perfect sense. One thing that sucks is possibly not seeing X or Sigma explode. I actually wanted to see that.

For new Capcom characters I really hope they consider Gene, Asura, and someone from Sengoku Basara. Fuck how much their games have sold; Capcom hasn't even had any big sellers with obvious character inclusions recently anyway so I feel like they're gonna have to dig a bit this time around and just put in some characters that would be cool to play as even if they're obscure.

I also think they should add Nero, but fear other DMC inclusions will keep him out.

Anth0ny

Yeah, I'm assuming one of the stones brings back the first character that died that round. Their body isn't just on the screen for nothing.

I think it's balanced because you're basically giving up an OP Infinity Storm for... your character to come back to life. Then once he or she is back, you can't use Infinity Storm again.

Neoxon

Yeah, I'm assuming one of the stones brings back the first character that died that round. Their body isn't just on the screen for nothing.

I think it's balanced because you're basically giving up an OP Infinity Storm for... your character to come back to life. Then once he or she is back, you can't use Infinity Storm again.
That's likely what either the Reality Stone or the Soul Stone will do, more so the latter.

Neoxon

i'm with you, and would like to see tournaments like this.
They tried doing 2v2 for SFxT at its first EVO, & I recall that not going over so well.

That said, I don't mind 2v2 (4 player) being an option for MvCI, but I wouldn't really expect it to catch on competitively.

Bizazedo

They tried doing it for SFxT at its first EVO, & I recall recall that not going over so well.

Well, that was tainted a bit as SFxTk was being reviled at the time.

I was actually in that EVO tournament. My buddy and I torched a French Canadian or European Husband & Wife couple followed by losing to Tokido's team before going up against another Husband / Wife / boyfriend and girlfriend team.

It was a whacky tournament. If the game had been more loved, I actually argue it would've went well.

http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/sfxt_k27.html

A 2v2 multiplayer would be mad fun. I hope they really consider something like that. The game seems so much more interactive now that you can summon your character in to save your ass.

I've seen a lot of people talking about how Infinite needs more modes to reach the same level of NRS, and stuff along those lines. Capcom said Infinite will be "content rich", so it seems to be coming with more than SFV at least.

My question to everyone: what modes do you think are necessary in Infinite? We already have Arcade, Story, Mission, Collection, and online stuff announced, but what else do you think should be included?

Neoxon

I've seen a lot of people talking about how Infinite needs more modes to reach the same level of NRS, and stuff along those lines. Capcom said Infinite will be "content rich", so it seems to be coming with more than SFV at least.

My question to everyone: what modes do you think are necessary in Infinite? We already have Arcade, Story, Mission, Collection, and online stuff announced, but what else do you think should be included?
I'm pretty much satisfied with what's announced so far at launch. Then again, I mainly play against other people (be it at locals, tournaments, or online), so there's that.

TreIII

im still wondering if any sengoku basara or dragons dogma chars are gonna make it in

BASARA is in a tough spot, imo. The best opportunity the brand had was back in the eras of TvC/MvC3, when the brand was at its biggest and even had a decent awareness in the West, thanks to the Funimation dub of the first two seasons of the anime. Since then, the brand has gone back to being JP-exclusive and I could see it being iced for another year or two in order to have the brand bounce back strong after that lackluster Yukimura spin-off.

If they even bothered to get Masamune, I'd be surprised.

I'm pretty much satisfied with what's announced so far at launch. Then again, I mainly play against other people (be it at locals, tournaments, or online), so there's that.

Same. I love Arcade and Mission, so I'm glad those are in. Story is icing. All I really need in Marvel is training, though.

What about Vs CPU? Wasn't that one of the things people complained about SFV not having? MVC3 didn't have it either outside of Training mode

That's also in. Well, it was in the demo build, so I'd assume this would be in the main game.

Stupid shitty minigame modes and Heroes and Heralds.

Give people a way to pick a character, buy a house, farm Marvel item stuff, decorate, etc. Let Iron Man invite girls to his house and bathe with them and the game will sell a few more million copies.

Dahbomb

Give people a way to pick a character, buy a house, farm Marvel item stuff, decorate, etc. Let Iron Man invite girls to his house and bathe with them and the game will sell a few more million copies.
Probably the best idea I have heard to generate revenue in a fighting game ever.

Heroes and Heralds is cool though.

Anth0ny

It's been a long time since I last played MK9, but I remember that game having a shit load of shit.

So if it can hit that level/exceed it, people would probably be happy.

AdaWong

Dante, Trish and Vergil are gonna be the DMC reps. They're coming in DMC5.

Leon and possibly Ada will be the RE newcomer(s) to rep RE6, Capcom's highest selling game (TM).

Regina is gonna be the "obscure!!11" and "old!!!" Capcom rep they tend to put in every game.

Akuma and Rashid are going to be the remaining SF reps.

RE will have 4 chars.
SF will have 4 chars.
DMC will have 3 chars.

I have a strong sixth sense, so assume these are facts! :3

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

-lots of skins, art, music, stages, etc that are slowly unlocked by playing lots of arcade/ vs battle mode

-mission mode thats like Star labs, not SF style "do these 10 combos"

-weekly endurance fights that unlock something small (name tag, color, etc)

this is all a joke but sounds way more appealing to me than a thin package that is only for "core gamers"

nobody has time to sit in training mode getting good, games are supposed to be fun

nobody has time to sit in training mode getting good, games are supposed to be fun

The good news is that you have a shitload of games on the market where you don't need training to be good at.

And training is really fun. You can't replicate the feeling of pulling something in a real match you've been training for.

Wait, isn't this thread about a fighting game?
And training is really fun. You can't replicate the feeling of pulling something in a real match you've been training for.
Or that feeling when you can't deal with a move in a match and then go into training mode and figure out exactly how to deal with it.

giphy.gif

jon bones

Yeah, because getting good at games isn't fun.

Some of us like a bit of a challenge to our games that most single player games just don't provide. Figuring out what makes a game tick is the fun.

oh yeah i remember those days

now everyone moved out the city to the burbs to have kids and stuff, so i am solo dolo

Wait, isn't this thread about a fighting game?

no this is about the accessible new action game from Marvel featuring all your favorite movie pals

jon bones

Yeah...stop acting like your situation is unique and that somehow defines what fun is in a fighting game.

easy there big fella

i'd actually go the opposite route and say busy people looking for lots of casual, solo content is the much bigger market (and probably closer in line with what Disney/Marvel wants this time) - not a smaller "unique" one

Realistically, they should go with NRS if they want sales. I2 will probably outsell MvCI 2:1. Much more mainstream appeal to NRS titles.

Top Bottom