• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Lulubop

Jedah, Sigma and X were my most wanted characters in this. Real happy to see Sigma in, tho I imagine his moveset will be based heavily on his X1 incarnation and not the X4 scythe.

So people, we have a new leak, take it with a grain of salt. (From GF)

right just going to throw this out there weather you want to buy into this or not. With the recent trailers for MvCI, I can no longer contain my silence. What you are about to read below if the full roster for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. The FULL roster will clock out at exactly 68 characters. This includes the full launch roster which totals 50, the 6 "new" DLC additions per the recent trailer along with 12 returning fighters including the "Fox owned" characters which will be added post launch. Scarlet Witch (with her unique ownership) notably was added as one of the 6 to show that "Fox" owned characters joining the roster is indeed a reality. There was also debate of which new Darkstalkers character would be included, Dimitri, Jedah & Lord Raptor were all considered but ultimately Jon Talbain got the nod. The debate lasted so long that the development team left him off the initial roster & lift him as DLC. Lastly Hayato was considered to return but Samanosuke was chosen to add representation for the Onimusha series.

~ Enjoy the spoilers below my dogz.

Marvel Side:

Already revealed:
Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Rocket Raccoon, Thor & Ultron. (8)

Who's to come:

Returning:
Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Venom, Doctor Strange, Thanos, Dormammu & Shuma Gorath. (8)

Newcomers:
The Punisher, Star-Lord, Black Panther, Loki, Black Widow, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Groot, & Vision. (9)

Capcom Side:

Already revealed:
Chris Redfield, Chun-Li, Mega Man X, Morrigan, Ryu & Strider. (6)

Who's to come:

Returning:
Dante, Felicia, Frank West, Arthur, Haggar, Phoenix Wright, Captain Commando, Jin, Jill Valentine, Vergil, Tron Bonne & Viewtiful Joe. (12)

Newcomers:
Asura, Edward Falcon, Ryu (Breathe of Fire), Necalli, Batsu, Jon Talbain & Samanosuke. (7)

6 NEW DLC additions:

Marvel:
Black Bolt, Scarlet Witch & Adam Warlock

Capcom:
Sigma, Regina (Dino Crisis) & Rathalos (Monster Hunter).

MoxManiac

Do you guys remember that fake MvC:I screenshot? (below)

marvelantmanfake.jpg

I think it's hilarious that a faked screenshot has a vastly superior HUD to the actual product.

Jawmuncher

Capcom:

Y'all know any leak with Regina is A-OK in my book
At the end of the day, at least this like is palpable unlike the last one that was posted.

Harpoon

That fake leak have gone with Jedah over Jon--he actually fits Ryce's "hard to animate Capcom villain" hint, unlike all of the other characters on there.

right just going to throw this out there weather you want to buy into this or not. With the recent trailers for MvCI, I can no longer contain my silence. What you are about to read below if the full roster for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. The FULL roster will clock out at exactly 68 characters. This includes the full launch roster which totals 50, the 6 "new" DLC additions per the recent trailer along with 12 returning fighters including the "Fox owned" characters which will be added post launch. Scarlet Witch (with her unique ownership) notably was added as one of the 6 to show that "Fox" owned characters joining the roster is indeed a reality. There was also debate of which new Darkstalkers character would be included, Dimitri, Jedah & Lord Raptor were all considered but ultimately Jon Talbain got the nod. The debate lasted so long that the development team left him off the initial roster & lift him as DLC. Lastly Hayato was considered to return but Samanosuke was chosen to add representation for the Onimusha series.

~ Enjoy the spoilers below my dogz.

Marvel Side:

Already revealed:
Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Rocket Raccoon, Thor & Ultron. (8)

Who's to come:

Returning:
Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Venom, Doctor Strange, Thanos, Dormammu & Shuma Gorath. (8)

Newcomers:
The Punisher, Star-Lord, Black Panther, Loki, Black Widow, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Groot, & Vision. (9)

Capcom Side:

Already revealed:
Chris Redfield, Chun-Li, Mega Man X, Morrigan, Ryu & Strider. (6)

Who's to come:

Returning:
Dante, Felicia, Frank West, Arthur, Haggar, Phoenix Wright, Captain Commando, Jin, Jill Valentine, Vergil, Tron Bonne & Viewtiful Joe. (12)

Newcomers:
Asura, Edward Falcon, Ryu (Breathe of Fire), Necalli, Batsu, Jon Talbain & Samanosuke. (7)

6 NEW DLC additions:

Marvel:
Black Bolt, Scarlet Witch & Adam Warlock

Capcom:

Not bad, but the leaker obviously doesn't know about the whole "actor likeness" deal with Samanosuke that and with the e-Sports push, I don't know if they want to add a character like Felicia again.

Jawmuncher

With no Fox characters & possibly no Scarlet Witch at launch, the Marvel female options are a bit limited.

I still hope they go into the vault for some. I still think it's better to introduce people to stuff they didn't know they wanted than to just leave stuff on the floor for not being popular enough.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the best way to see that the leak is fake is that they would never use the narrative that the internet loves so much of "dat evil Fox wont let me have mah X-Men characters"

J-Tier

With no Fox characters & possibly no Scarlet Witch at launch, the Marvel female options are a bit limited.
I don't buy that excuse. Even if they added five females on the Marvel side, that would be a decent amount. Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, Enchantress, Hela, Gamora, Nebula, Angela, Elektra, Jessica Jones, Medusa, Quake, Songbird, Squirrel Girl... Didn't even have to go into try hard mode and dig up C-listers. What is just listed alone is far from limited, and has a ton of variety.

NMFried

Gonna need Nova to return. Also Miles and Kamala will surely be showing up, right? Same with Squirrel Girl, Cloak & Dagger, etc?

Neoxon

Gonna need Nova to return. Also Miles and Kamala will surely be showing up, right? Same with Squirrel Girl, Cloak & Dagger, etc?
I do think Kamala will show up. As for Miles & the others, while Miles did narrowly miss the cut for UMvC3, it's really 50/50 for them (though I'm feeling a bit better about Squirrel Girl's chances, for whatever reason).

Also, which Nova?

Lungless

Neo Member
That list looks way too safe.

Also why would they pick Jon over Lord Raptor and Demitri?

Or the ultimate Capcom cinnamon roll, Lilith?

Top Bottom