• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

I hope MvCI's Mission Mode is actually good at teaching what the characters can actually do. UMvC3's is just awful with its unconventional and ridiculously hard combos and lack of video demonstrations.

I managed to get the 480 mission trophy in UMvC3 just now, and it was not fun. I have like 17 missions left over that I'll never tackle again because they're so absurd with what they ask you to do.

biteren

I hope MvCI's Mission Mode is actually good at teaching what the characters can actually do. UMvC3's is just awful with its unconventional and ridiculously hard combos and lack of video demonstrations.

I managed to get the 480 mission trophy in UMvC3 just now, and it was not fun. I have like 17 missions left over that I'll never tackle again because they're so absurd with what they ask you to do.

the worst part for me is that they dont tell you that some of these combos require specific timings, id be doing one missing for a hour and a half yelling "WTF AM I DOING WRONG!!!" then knock over the swamp cooler. i had to watfch a damn you tube video to figure out you have to delay some hits so it connects.

LaNaranja

Man, that reminds me of how close I got to the platinum in MvC3. I had a handful of missions left to get the "320 missions" trophy and I had the "surpass 1st class rank" online trophy and that was it. Two trophies away from platinum. Then they announced UMvC3 and I just said fuck everything and completely dropped MvC3 and didn't play until ultimate came out and at that point I had no interest in trying to collect all the trophies again.

Daisy is my number one most wanted character, but if I could have any pie in the sky request granted it would be that we get Giyera in the game and he is given Magneto's move set. There would be salt and man baby tears the likes of which the world has never before seen.

Px2Y0id.png
Lol.

But for real, from TV side I'm hoping to see Quake, Daredevil and Punisher. I'll be okay with two of them being DLC characters as long as one of those three *cough* Punisher *cough* is in the base roster.

I'm glad that on the eventhubs and gamefaqs polls, Psylocke keeps being the top requested female X-Men. I know that these aren't official but it's good to know that other want her return.

I wonder if Capcom/Marvel are going to do an official poll once the game's released.

If Marvel and Capcom gave MVCI its own equivalent to the Smash ballot, I wouldn't be surprised to see a character that wasn't the typical Gambit, Psylocke, Venom, etc win.

Polls on the internet everywhere for Smash 4 made it seem characters like K. Rool and Shovel Knight were the absolute top choice for the ballot. But then, as it turned out, Bayonetta was the most voted character that was negotiable/realizable.

Ah, that "silent majority"...

OsirisBlack

Banned
There are so many female characters that aren't tied to fox or x books that would make great fighting game characters. Gamora,Quasar,She Hulk,Hel,Medusa,I'd prefer Spider Gwen over Peter just to shake things up. There are so many under utilized female comic characters but my dream female character is tied to fox. Magik is begging to be a fgc.

Neoxon

There are so many female characters that aren't tied to fox or x books that would make great fighting game characters. Gamora,Quasar,She Hulk,Hela,Medusa,I'd prefer Spider Gwen over Peter just to shake things up. There are so many under utilized female comic characters but my dream female character is tied to fox. Magik is begging to be a fgc.
Of the list you mentioned, I feel like She-Hulk (reused assets) & Medusa (Inhumans show coming up) have the best chances. Gamora would definitely be interesting to see, but I'd honestly prefer Star-Lord (for obvious reasons). Though as a bit of a roundabout for why I think Black Widow is coming, Gamora's current VA (Vanessa Marshall) from the ongoing cartoon would still be free to use if my theory about Laura Bailey as Black Widow being the reason for Chun-Li's recasting is correct.

As for Spider-Gwen, I just hope that they do Premier Skins with unique voices (a la Injustice 2) so she can be an alternate costume for Peter. But yeah, especially with his rising prominence in the MCU, no way they'd axe Peter as the default.

Having not really watched the new Avengers cartoon, is Laura Baily's Black Widow voice the same as her Chun-Li's? Steve Blum voiced both Wolverine and Taskmaster just fine last time.

Neoxon

Having not really watched the new Avengers cartoon, is Laura Bailey's Black Widow voice the same as her Chun-Li's? Steve Blum voiced both Wolverine and Taskmaster just fine last time.
Unlike Steve Blum's Wolverine & Taskmaster, Laura's Black Widow is only slightly deeper in tone than her Chun-Li. And with Vanessa Marshall (Black Widow's EMH VA) now being Gamora, who Marvel may want in the game at some point, they'd likely want Laura as Black Widow if she gets in (& let's be honest, BW is hella likely).

For reference, Roger Craig Smith voices Captain America in Avengers Assemble & Chris Redfield, but they opted for Brian Bloom as Cap (like in EMH & MvC3) instead in MvCI.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If Quake makes it in, I'm not gonna be able to skip this game.

Bought/refunded UMvC3 on Steam yesterday after booting up, remembering how pre-MCU it all was and didn't want to bother learning on a system that still used assists.

Lungless

Neo Member
If Marvel and Capcom gave MVCI its own equivalent to the Smash ballot, I wouldn't be surprised to see a character that wasn't the typical Gambit, Psylocke, Venom, etc win.

Polls on the internet everywhere for Smash 4 made it seem characters like K. Rool and Shovel Knight were the absolute top choice for the ballot. But then, as it turned out, Bayonetta was the most voted character that was negotiable/realizable.

Ah, that "silent majority"...

The Smash Ballot was garbage. The lack of information around it confused everyone and I hope they never do it again. If they do that for Marvel, they better explain the rules and the system better so everyone knows what they're doing.

The Smash Ballot was garbage. The lack of information around it confused everyone and I hope they never do it again. If they do that for Marvel, they better explain the rules and the system better so everyone knows what they're doing.

?? We got bayonetta out of the ballot I'd say it accomplished it's goal, unless you're just being salty the person you voted for lost.

oh i am firmly in Camp Casual now

i'd be down to trade off tournament viability in favor for solo content and grindable dress-up options for mcu waifus

It's got nothing to do with the gameplay (I'd kill for Injustice/Mortal Kombat levels of single-player content), just that it's not MCU enough for someone who's actually read the damn comics.

Although if you were referring to how white the Marvel side was, I get you.

ZeroCDR

Bought/refunded UMvC3 on Steam yesterday after booting up, remembering how pre-MCU it all was and didn't want to bother learning on a system that still used assists.

It's very relevant to today's MCU, surprisingly. Plus X-Men and Doctor Doom, a real treasure of a roster that only had a few glaring omissions.

?? We got bayonetta out of the ballot I'd say it accomplished it's goal, unless you're just being salty the person you voted for lost.

I get the feeling Snake might of been one of the characters Sakurai was referring to when discussing characters that were "negotiable". Same thing with Banjo & Kazooie.

Skab

If Quake makes it in, I'm not gonna be able to skip this game.

This is pretty disgusting post

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It's got nothing to do with the gameplay (I'd kill for Injustice/Mortal Kombat levels of single-player content), just that it's not MCU enough for someone who's actually read the damn comics.

Although if you were referring to how white the Marvel side was, I get you.

It's very relevant to today's MCU, surprisingly. Plus X-Men and Doctor Doom, a real treasure of a roster that only had a few glaring omissions.

just not in the mood for those guys right now. i want BP, Carol, Quake, Kamala, etc

This is pretty disgusting post

i know, past me would be very disappointed

Skab

What do we think Sigmas moves will be?

Also it bums me out that no matter how good of a level 3 they give X, it will still never be as sick as mega mans final smash.

And I still want Protoman with a team red teamup move :[ (Below is the only way I'll be okay with Zero coming back)

nY12Rzn.jpg

Anth0ny

Agreed. Some actual real combos that real people would use in real situations would be nice.

Also, they have fucking Combofiend on the team. One of the greatest Marvel players of all time. He of all people should know how to take someone from never playing marvel before to performing fly/unfly combos.

Wtf, Quake/Skye/Daisy won't be in this game. Marvel prolly doesn't even remember she exists in the MCU, let alone her prominence in AoS. I think for inhumans we have a higher chance of getting Black Bolt.

Neoxon

Wtf, Quake/Skye/Daisy won't be in this game. Marvel prolly doesn't even remember she exists in the MCU, let alone her prominence in AoS. I think for inhumans we have a higher chance of getting Black Bolt.
I still think Ms. Marvel has the best odds of the Inhumans, seeing as she's currently the most popular among them. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we got Quake or a member of the Royal Family as well.

And don't forget, Mavel Entertainment handles the games, not Marvel Studios. They'd be more inclined to promote the TV side of the MCU.

If we're getting TV characters, I'd hope Cloak and Dagger, Runaways and New Warriors have a shot there

Quake would be fun, but man Cloak and Dagger would look amazing.

EDIT: Regarding Inhumans, I think we'd see one of the 5 from the tv show that's going to release around the time of the game releasing

Mizerman

I still think Ms. Marvel has the best odds of the Inhumans, seeing as she's currently the most popular among them. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we got Quake or a member of the Royal Family as well.

And don't forget, Mavel Entertainment handles the games, not Marvel Studios. They'd be more inclined to promote the TV side of the MCU.

Well yeah, I expect Kamala to make the roster. Base or DLC wise.

nded

I'm not sure how Sigma's moves will look. In MMX1, he only lunges at you with his saber. I'm sure Capcom will give him a unique design, though.

They've at least got his idle, blocking and dashing stances figured out if they're taking stuff from the MMX1. He can also shoot jelly beans from his forehead and there's loads of stuff they can pull from other games like this sweet launcher command grab/counter.

The rest they can just make up like every non-fighting game character.

shaowebb

Daredevil as an evolution on the Yatterman 1 template is All I want in terms of new roster.

Mmmm...yes.
Delicious run cancels, fullscreen fast disjointed hitboxes, and pressure/conversions from anything they do.

Jedah as a copy/paste would be 100% main for me. Jedah/Dormammu would be the team of the forever. I wouldn't even look at other characters. Stalking Flare tag into Jedah's high/low game? GG.

RIP Morrigan.

Mugy

Daredevil as an evolution on the Yatterman 1 template is All I want in terms of new faces honestly.
https://m.imgur.com/NQjBtC8?r
Https://m.imgur.com/NQjBtC8

Mmmm...yes.
Delicious run cancels, fullscreen fast disjointed hitboxes, and pressure/conversions from anything they do.

I remember one time during Shadowland, that Iron Fist and Shang-Chi saying that Daredevil its a excellent fighter, but he mostly fights with a combination of New York Boxing style, jiu jitsu and Muay Thai. So there's that for an moveset idea

MoxManiac

So has anything been said on whether the 6 DLC characters will be available at launch or is it going to be a drip-feed release like SF5?

I feel like if the 6 characters are downloadable at launch there's going to be ton of salt from casual to hardcore alike.

Yeah, Daredevil needs some love, not only as a background character.

Don't know much about Cloak and Dagger, how would their moveset be like?

McNum

I'm not sure how Sigma's moves will look. In MMX1, he only lunges at you with his saber. I'm sure Capcom will give him a unique design, though.

They've at least got his idle, blocking and dashing stances figured out if they're taking stuff from the MMX1. He can also shoot jelly beans from his forehead and there's loads of stuff they can pull from other games like this sweet launcher command grab/counter.

The rest they can just make up like every non-fighting game character.
There's one move from Megaman X4 I really want Sigma to have.

The Horizontal Scythe Throw!

Sigma throws the Scythe in one of two patterns. One is a boomerang pattern that circles around him. The other flies at X and impacts the opposite wall, electrifying it. It can also hit the floor, but let's ignore that. Now in X4, this is not that threatening a move, in fact, it's the move you want to bait him into using, but... Electrifying the opposite wall at the cost of not being able to use the Scythe moves for the duration?

Think about what that means in a game with a tag system as involved as this. Sigma could turn off the ability to tag for the opponent temporarily! That's would be a crazy move. Alternatively, let them tag, but take damage and long hit stun if they do.

Also it bums me out that no matter how good of a level 3 they give X, it will still never be as sick as mega mans final smash.

And I still want Protoman with a team red teamup move :[ (Below is the only way I'll be okay with Zero coming back)

nY12Rzn.jpg
But that doesn't really make sense. Protoman does not equal Zero. See: Zero in Battlenetwork

nY12Rzn.jpg

With all due respect, that's like the most nonsensical image I've seen in a long time, lol.

It'd be like if Bass was in this game and he had a move where he summoned Bass.EXE and then for no reason Axl from the MMX series to assist him.

Top Bottom