• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Neoxon

how many reveals are you hoping to get vs how many are we going to get?

the game isnt that far off...the info should be coming out soon?
I feel like we'll know the entire base roster by August, seeing as there's gonna be a bunch of variant covers.

how many reveals are you hoping to get vs how many are we going to get?

the game isnt that far off...the info should be coming out soon?

At least 10 reveals is what I'd like. I'm expecting at least 6-8.

While I'm interested in reveals, I want to see more gameplay above all else. Knowing the pros will have a chance to touch the game is already exciting.

JAXXX

At least 10 reveals is what I'd like. I'm expecting at least 6-8.

While I'm interested in reveals, I want to see more gameplay above all else. Knowing the pros will have a chance to touch the game is already exciting.

so 6-8 at E3?

Yeah i m not just talking about characters...any chance we get "surprise" stones in this game. Most are assuming it'll be the repeated stones/gems from the previous marvel title.

so 6-8 at E3?

Yeah i m not just talking about characters...any chance we get "surprise" stones in this game. Most are assuming it'll be the repeated stones/gems from the previous marvel title.

I doubt there'll be any surprise Infinity Stones. That might be something way down the line, but likely not.

No lol

If we get a Rival Schools rep I really want it to be Shoma btw, I think he'd work really well.

All I remember is that when I read the Nova comics he was flying around space liberating entire planets by himself, and then Iron Man tried to talk to him like equals when he came to Earth and Nova laughed in his face.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";237692157]All I remember is that when I read the Nova comics he was flying around space liberating entire planets by himself, and then Iron Man tried to talk to him like equals when he came to Earth and Nova laughed in his face.[/QUOTE]
It's not exactly easy to explain. Richie himself only holds a fraction of the Nova force, which is spread amongst the entire Nova Corps. So normally he's roughly as powerful as a lot of more powerful Avengers members, but he isn't way above their level. The Nova Corps is a galactic-level entity though, so they're a lot higher up the cosmic food chain than the Avengers even if any individual centurion is not significantly more powerful than an Avenger. Think FBI vs city cop.

However, Richie did briefly hold the entirety of the Nova Force during the Annihilation comic event when he was the sole remaining Nova centurion, which made him effectively one of the more powerful beings in the universe at that time (not counting things like eternals and celestials). However, that was temporary, and once the Corps was reformed the Nova Force was again spread out among a large number of centurions.

EDIT: Actually, think of him as like Green Lantern compared to the rest of the Justice League, if Green Lantern wasn't a member himself. That's not a bad comparison tbh.

opricnik

Banned
What a turd marketing this game has. Instead of making every character duo(one from mahvel other capcom) and highlighting their features etc and teasing next duo in end , keeping relevant in peoples mind and letting fan support to grow , they instead doing bunch of unorganized mess trailers.

Mortal Kombat X or SFV Reveals were great enough.

I wonder if Marvel is organizing reveal dates etc.MAYBE Thats their doing and thats why its wrong coming after SF5.

probably gonna keep some guys for ComicCon etc too. My bet would be Venom at comic con atleast, since spidey will be %100 in e3 along with his sony game

What a turd marketing this game has. Instead of making every character duo(one from mahvel other capcom) and highlighting their features etc and teasing next duo in end , keeping relevant in peoples mind and letting fan support to grow , they instead doing bunch of unorganized mess trailers.

Mortal Kombat X or SFV Reveals were great enough.

I wonder if Marvel is organizing reveal dates etc.MAYBE Thats their doing and thats why its wrong coming after SF5.

probably gonna keep some guys for ComicCon etc too. My bet would be Venom at comic con atleast, since spidey will be %100 in e3 along with his sony game

The way they handeled sf5's reveals didn't help the game at launch

Ryce

Maybe (hopefully) E3 will be the beginning of a big marketing push, with character reveals happening weekly from that point forward, similar to what NRS did in the last few months before Injustice 2.

opricnik

Banned
The way they handeled sf5's reveals didn't help the game at launch

It wasnt the reveal type problem , it was some basic ass content decisions baffled everything. Arcade mode for example.
such a easy thing to implement , just make a bunch of animated screens for characters and make random battles

like really easy but still not in.

schaft0620

I think they just show off at least everything that is going to get a cover variant. The covers get released very early on.

Maybe (hopefully) E3 will be the beginning of a big marketing push, with character reveals happening weekly from that point forward, similar to what NRS did in the last few months before Injustice 2.

Hope so, any news at all would make my day any day.

Lulubop

I think they'll stay silent again til sdcc

Neoxon

It wasnt the reveal type problem , it was some basic ass content decisions baffled everything. Arcade mode for example.
such a easy thing to implement , just make a bunch of animated screens for characters and make random battles

Not necessarily, you'd still have to bring back the voice actors (who may or may not be busy) as well as contract an animation studio for the endings. It's not as easy as you make it out to be, especially if Capcom ran into an issue with one of the VAs.

Either way, SneakersSO assured us that Arcade Mode is coming to SFV, so....yeah.

They could have easily taken their original story mode, made it 8 character matches, and used the same ending artwork. Easy-peasy, lemon squeeze-y.

Lulubop

Not necessarily, you'd still have to bring back the voice actors (who may or may not be busy) as well as contract an animation studio for the endings. It's not as easy as you make it out to be, especially if Capcom ran into an issue with one of the VAs.

Either way, SneakersSO assured us that Arcade Mode is coming to SFV, so....yeah.

What credibility does he have?

Neoxon

What credibility does he have?
To my knowledge, he leaked a good number of things about SFV & the reveal of MvCI in the past, or so I was told. IntelliHeath may have some more context on the matter, but many on GAF assured me that he was reliable.

They could have easily taken their original story mode, made it 8 character matches, and used the same ending artwork. Easy-peasy, lemon squeeze-y.
I've always said that repurposing the Character Stories into Arcade Mode would have been the easiest way out.

AdaWong

this popped up on twitter
15801954_1216339005116865_3688089207349182464_n.jpg

if they actually drop nemesis and jill for leon and ada tho

Jawmuncher

Wesker seems like the only for sure thing. Capcom is still cool with DC Douglas and we have RCS back as RE5 chris. Hell I'd say he's still RE5 chris so they could easily reuse Wesker story wise. Rather than trying to do a RE6/7 chris with a past villain

sephi22

this popped up on twitter
15801954_1216339005116865_3688089207349182464_n.jpg

if they actually drop nemesis and jill for leon and ada tho
Wow. What a megaton scoop. /s

Cmon fam it's a random twitter post with ugly font added in paint. We can do better than to scour every last random rumor/fake news Joe random is making up

Ryce

Has Sneakers been vetted by a moderator? He hasn't leaked anything verifiable yet, to my knowledge. He usually makes far off promises like "arcade mode/fan favorite characters are coming next year," which anyone could predict.

I don't mean to cast aspersions, and he hasn't been banned yet, so he probably is telling the truth. I'm just hesitant to take anything he says as fact when he's been wrong about a bunch of stuff before, like Sony funding an exclusive Vs. game, single player SFV content being revealed at Evo 2016 (all we got were a few costumes), and claiming that Ed's trailer would drop a week or so earlier than it actually did. If he does have a source then it doesn't seem like his source is very well-connected.

Lulubop

Has Sneakers been vetted by a moderator? He hasn’t leaked anything verifiable yet, to my knowledge. He usually makes far off promises like "arcade mode/fan favorite characters are coming next year," which anyone could predict.

I don't mean to cast aspersions, and he hasn't been banned yet, so he probably is telling the truth. I’m just hesitant to take anything he says as fact when he’s been wrong about a bunch of stuff before, like Sony funding an exclusive Vs. game, single player SFV content being revealed at Evo 2016 (all we got were a few costumes), and claiming that Ed’s trailer would drop a week or so earlier than it actually did. If he does have a source then it doesn't seem like his source is very well-connected.

Yea that's what I'm saying.

It's not exactly easy to explain. Richie himself only holds a fraction of the Nova force, which is spread amongst the entire Nova Corps. So normally he's roughly as powerful as a lot of more powerful Avengers members, but he isn't way above their level. The Nova Corps is a galactic-level entity though, so they're a lot higher up the cosmic food chain than the Avengers even if any individual centurion is not significantly more powerful than an Avenger. Think FBI vs city cop.

However, Richie did briefly hold the entirety of the Nova Force during the Annihilation comic event when he was the sole remaining Nova centurion, which made him effectively one of the more powerful beings in the universe at that time (not counting things like eternals and celestials). However, that was temporary, and once the Corps was reformed the Nova Force was again spread out among a large number of centurions.

EDIT: Actually, think of him as like Green Lantern compared to the rest of the Justice League, if Green Lantern wasn't a member himself. That's not a bad comparison tbh.

Oh ok, Annihilation was the series I read so that explains my misunderstanding.

Phylla Vell in MVCI plox

I'm hopeful that it'll come to Amazon, but officially no idea.
I'm hoping the same...

I've been waiting for the physical deluxe edition to come to Amazon. No dice so far.
Same here, we'll have to wait.

I still found it to be really interesting that Hideo and Kyoko were the RS reps in Namco X Capcom.
Since it was made by Namco, maybe they ask for those 2 characters rather than Batsu.

I'm expecting 6-10 reveals at E3, they should make the big surprises there.

I want Jill back, her MvC2 moveset was nice.

opricnik

Banned
To my knowledge, he leaked a good number of things about SFV & the reveal of MvCI in the past, or so I was told. IntelliHeath may have some more context on the matter, but many on GAF assured me that he was reliable.

I've always said that repurposing the Character Stories into Arcade Mode would have been the easiest way out.

To me not adding arcade mode at launch wasnt a lack of anything(voice actor related or budget) but it was how do i put this , more like testing waters movement. Capcom does that time to time.They thought by removing arcade mode it would be like more E-Sportish, i know it sounds silly but stuff like Apple does by removing bunch of things so hoping people wouldnt tell a thing.They thought arcade mode was archaic/old and people dont need that kind of thing in a eSportsy game they were building at that time.

Neoxon

To me not adding arcade mode at launch wasnt a lack of anything(voice actor related or budget) but it was how do i put this , more like testing waters movement. Capcom does that time to time.They thought by removing arcade mode it would be like more E-Sportish, i know it sounds silly but stuff like Apple does by removing bunch of things so hoping people wouldnt tell a thing.They thought arcade mode was archaic/old and people dont need that kind of thing in a eSportsy game they were building at that time.
I meant adding it in now.

Top Bottom