• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MvC:I's HUD is ugly and crummy to look at at-a-glance. People didn't like UMvC3's HUD because of the ordering of life bars, but it was way better for getting an idea of the state of your secondary and tertiary characters. Aesthetically, it just looks really cheap, almost as basic/cheap/ugly looking as Tekken life bars, debateably even moreso because it reminds you of mobile titles.

The meters are fine, though. Albeit a bit inconsistent in the style used for the life bars.

Jawmuncher

Another fresh hot MVCI scoop

BU1RP1J.jpg

How absurd.

Come on, Regina? Really?

FUCKING LOL

tumblr_mog5cc1qfk1sqf96sgy.gif

MvC:I's HUD is ugly and crummy to look at at-a-glance. People didn't like UMvC3's HUD because of the ordering of life bars, but it was way better for getting an idea of the state of your secondary and tertiary characters. Aesthetically, it just looks really cheap, almost as basic/cheap/ugly looking as Tekken life bars, debateably even moreso because it reminds you of mobile titles.

The meters are fine, though. Albeit a bit inconsistent in the style used for the life bars.
Yeah, something about the art direction is not right IMO. It looks kinda generic.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
At least 10 reveals is what I'd like. I'm expecting at least 6-8.

While I'm interested in reveals, I want to see more gameplay above all else. Knowing the pros will have a chance to touch the game is already exciting.

It's plausible but I wonder if we would get like 4-5 characters since they should space out the updates and announcements over three months ever since E3.

June 12 > September 19 = 3 months and 7 days

any chance we get "surprise" stones in this game. Most are assuming it'll be the repeated stones/gems from the previous marvel title.

Hopefully we would see Soul Stone so soon.

Maybe (hopefully) E3 will be the beginning of a big marketing push, with character reveals happening weekly from that point forward, similar to what NRS did in the last few months before Injustice 2.

I'm totally open to that kind of update.

AdaWong

No one has really talked about this yet, But I wouldnt be surprised if the reps for RE are Chris, Leon, and Rebecca... Seeing as they have that movie coming out with them as the main characters.

RE2make gets higher priority though I think. So Leon and Ada! (Claire is not as popular/unique)

Neoxon

I could see Ms. Marvel using a lot of Super Skrulls moveset. Just with, maybe, less damage output.
As I said earlier, I don't really see the similarities between Ms. Marvel & Super-Skrull beyond just stretching. If we're getting Fox characters as DLC later, I'd imagine that Capcom wouldn't want to outright replace any of them.

In short, if we get Ms. Marvel, I fully believe that she'll be a completely unique character, not needing to borrow anything from Super-Skrull.

It's not exactly easy to explain. Richie himself only holds a fraction of the Nova force, which is spread amongst the entire Nova Corps. So normally he's roughly as powerful as a lot of more powerful Avengers members, but he isn't way above their level. The Nova Corps is a galactic-level entity though, so they're a lot higher up the cosmic food chain than the Avengers even if any individual centurion is not significantly more powerful than an Avenger. Think FBI vs city cop.

However, Richie did briefly hold the entirety of the Nova Force during the Annihilation comic event when he was the sole remaining Nova centurion, which made him effectively one of the more powerful beings in the universe at that time (not counting things like eternals and celestials). However, that was temporary, and once the Corps was reformed the Nova Force was again spread out among a large number of centurions.

EDIT: Actually, think of him as like Green Lantern compared to the rest of the Justice League, if Green Lantern wasn't a member himself. That's not a bad comparison tbh.

To my knowledge
Nova had the entire Nova Force from the beginning of Annihilation to the end(?) of Secret Invasion. And apparently Marvel disregarded the New Nova Corps when they created Sam.
So, I guess in the current continuity...he never lost the full Nova Force + Worldmind?

Speaking of Nova, Marvel is recreating the Nova Corps (but they seem to be the powerless MCU versions) in All New GOTG (Maybe that variant is supposed to hint at Nova?),

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What is that? The video's been removed.

It's a LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 trailer. At the end, it had quite many MCU heroes along with two Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and Ms. Marvel. It's obvious Marvel is pushing Ms. Marvel pretty hard so I think any Ms. Marvel fans shouldn't worry about her inclusion in MVCI

RocBase

When it comes to the HUD, what exactly do people want from it?

Basically, what game would someone want MVCI's HUD to mimic?

I just want something with a bit of personality, something that has it stand out as its own thing like it did with U/MVC3. As pointed out by TRUE ORDER right now it looks super generic and bland as hell.

As a reference point I would like to see something along the lines of Transistor's style.

To my knowledge
Nova had the entire Nova Force from the beginning of Annihilation to the end(?) of Secret Invasion. And apparently Marvel disregarded the New Nova Corps when they created Sam.

So, I guess in the current continuity...he never lost the full Nova Force + Worldmind?

Speaking of Nova, Marvel is recreating the Nova Corps (but they seem to be the powerless MCU versions) in All New GOTG (Maybe that variant is supposed to hint at Nova?),
He no longer had the entire Nova Force as of the end of the extended Annihilation storyline, but he did become Nova Prime once they reformed the Nova Corps (which would mean he has access to a larger chunk of the pie than he used to as a regular centurion, so he was still buffed up compared to his modest power levels pre-Annihilation). But admittedly, I don't really know what all happened to Richie after the whole Cancerverse storyline, because I'm a liiiittle bit behind lol

But I do specifically remember there being a new Nova Corps after Annihilation, and for that to happen Richie would have to have split the Nova Force back up again to give the other centurions their powers.

EDIT: But you know what, I do think he still had the Worldmind for a long time after Annihilation, so maybe that's where we're getting mixed up? I need to reread that general batch of Cosmic Marvel anyway, it was a good set of storylines from Annihilation up through Thanos Imperative.

Top Bottom