• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Neoxon

Who knows, maybe this has been in the works for a while? Maybe MvC:I was the game that convinced them to do the same for others?

Any theory I can think of that means Psylocke is there day 1 :(
I don't think it works like that, it's likely a result of Marvel & Fox's improving relationship. In the case of Marvel Future Fight, it's an ever-evolving game where they can jump on-board ASAP. MvCI, as I said, likely had its base roster nailed down 2 years ago, & the 2017 Character Pass probably around a year ago.

Hope we actually get some new X-Men characters and not just the usual suspects. I'd like to see Scarlet Witch, even if she is pretty predictable 'cause of the MCU.

Neoxon

Hope we actually get some new X-Men characters and not just the usual suspects. I'd like to see Scarlet Witch, even if she is pretty predictable 'cause of the MCU.
I feel like best bae Scarlet Witch would be an awesome choice for the 2018 Character Pass. I'd absolutely love for her to be in the base roster, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Neoxon

That's amazing. Good riddance to this stupid ban.
Amen to that, Marvel's finally seen the light & got that stick out of their ass.

It's probably too late for the MvCI base roster, but I hope Capcom manages to get Marvel to get some Fox characters in on Day 1. I'm not expecting it, but I'm hoping for it.

Spade

That's very good to see. Opens up the chance for more characters (new and vets). Not going to have high hopes or anything. I just hope they take good advantage of this :)

Neoxon

That's very good to see. Opens up the chance for more characters (new and vets). Not going to have high hopes or anything. I just hope they take good advantage of this :)
I'd imagine that Capcom's trying to get in on this as soon as they can. But as mentioned before, the design document for the base roster was likely finalized 2 years ago.

Amen to that, Marvel's finally seen the light & got that stick out of their ass.

It's probably too late for the MvCI base roster, but I hope Capcom manages to get Marvel to get some Fox characters in on Day 1. I'm not expecting it, but I'm hoping for it.

That would be a perfect outcome.

Just knowing that there's no longer a wall between Infinite and Fox characters already feels great. It felt so draining just thinking about it.

Neoxon

That would be a perfect outcome.

Just knowing that there's no longer a wall between Infinite and Fox characters already feels great. It felt so draining just thinking about it.
I mean, the wall's probably gonna remain until next year, but hopefully Capcom pulls something off at the last minute. Like I said, I doubt it (given how things work for these types of games), but a guy can dream.

Yeah, Marvel & Fox's relationship started to improve near the end of 2016, so devs started to get the ball rolling. That tweet was from months ago, & MvCI was likely in development for 2 years.

Neoxon

Yeah, I think the fact that X-men are so rampant in the rumors could mean that the Fox characters' return was in the books for quite awhile back.
Yeah, Ryce explicitly said that the Fox characters were a done deal for DLC back in December last year. The timeline lines up with what's happening now.

I realize that Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Doom and to a lesser extent Sentinel are crucial to the history of the game and I respect that, but I really need Gambit, Psylocke, Cyclops, Cable and to a lesser extent Rogue to show up this time someway, somehow

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I will shut my pessimism down in this one instance. GREAT NEWS Y'ALL. But they're still probably DLC and not in the base roster. In order of importance for inclusions:

Wolverine
Magneto
Sentinel
Storm
Dr. Doom
Cable
Everyone else

4-6 a bit more interchangeable. Personally, I'd like Cable. Imagine tag cancelling into Time Flip.

This is correct.

While I highly respect the mainstays of the game, its going to be really dry without some very obscure characters. They are always needed. A few years ago I didnt know who M.O.D.O.K was, and now hes my favorite in the Marvel Universe. I wanna see characters like Yondu, Spiral, Blackheart, Mojo, Mephisto, Etc... I mean those are names Im pulling outta nowhere, but you get the point.

Lulubop

While I highly respect the mainstays of the game, its going to be really dry without some very obscure characters. They are always needed. A few years ago I didnt know who M.O.D.O.K was, and now hes my favorite in the Marvel Universe. I wanna see characters like Yondu, Spiral, Blackheart, Mojo, Mephisto, Etc... I mean those are names Im pulling outta nowhere, but you get the point.

They usually throw in a new cosmic character or two.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I will shut my pessimism down in this one instance. GREAT NEWS Y'ALL. But they're still probably DLC and not in the base roster. In order of importance for inclusions:

Wolverine
Magneto
Sentinel
Storm
Dr. Doom
Cable
Everyone else

4-6 a bit more interchangeable. Personally, I'd like Cable. Imagine tag cancelling into Time Flip.

This is correct.

Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Deadpool, Phoenix, Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, Super Skrull and Dr. Doom would be awesome for me at least.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Wolverine and Deadpool are gonna squeak in here
Forgot about Deadpool. I might put him in there as well given his modern relevance. Man, imagine if both Deadpool and Cable were in an MvC game. Would be wild.

I'm 100% with you. I'd rather these be the majority, even. This is what I'm really excited for, and usually make for the most unique gameplay additions.

I think we'll still have a few, just more on the Capcom side, and maybe just 1 or 2 on the Marvel side since I think one of the leakers said the Marvel side would be predictable or something.

Forgot about Deadpool. I might put him in there as well given his modern relevance. Man, imagine if both Deadpool and Cable were in an MvC game. Would be wild.

I'm 100% with you. I'd rather these be the majority, even. This is what I'm really excited for, and usually make for the most unique gameplay additions.

I think we'll still have a few, just more on the Capcom side, and maybe just 1 or 2 on the Marvel side since I think one of the leakers said the Marvel side would be predictable or something.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. I think we'll definitely see it on the capcom side, but lacking on Marvel's.

Can you feel it?

Can you sense it?

I's coming right at you.

Juggernaut2.jpg

Neoxon

Is it possible that some characters just might not get variants?
Considering that we have 20 variants, it'd be a bit weird to leave some characters out, especially for the base roster.

I.E. I do think everyone on the Marvel side of the base roster will be featured in at least one of the variant covers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just can't believe this game won't launch without Wolverine, especiall with this news. He is the VS series.

I could see him being only X-Men character if anything. I meant he have been a frontliner for Versus franchise for so long time but I guess Fox Ban is so strong that it probably blocked him from getting in.

I would be pleased if he get in.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The game's out in September, so maybe.

Well, I think they could save few characters for their reveals like couple of weeks before the release date. Hsien-Ko and Sentinel got announced on Jan 27, 2011, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 got released on Feb 15, 2011. Also I would like to point out Frank West and Rocket Raccoon got announced on October 31, 2011, and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 got released on November 15, 2011.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do you really think the whole roster will be revealed by early August?
Plus giving most of it away or even hints at a complete roster months ahead of that.

It's a cross-promotion, not something they organize their character reveals around. There will be dupes, covers featuring Capcom characters instead of new Marvel characters, and potentially even characters from older MvC games.

Neoxon

Plus giving most of it away or even hints at a complete roster months ahead of that.

It's a cross-promotion, not something they organize their character reveals around. There will be dupes, covers featuring Capcom characters instead of new Marvel characters, and potentially even characters from older MvC games.
It could also be a Marvel & a Capcom character fighting on each cover.

J-Tier

To Echo the earlier thoughts, an Arisen character would be fantastic
My close second most wanted Capcom character after Date Masamune is the Arisen. However, I have pretty unreasonable expectations for the character's implementation. I'll be happy if the Arisen makes it in any playable capacity though.

Edit: Actually, my second might be Nina from BoF. Not sure now. Both super close.

Top Bottom