• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

OsirisBlack

Banned
It's nice to hope for old mainstay characters but one good thing about the ban is it gives us new characters. Even if the ban is lifted I'd rather have all new xmen. Forget wolverine storm and magneto. Give me Magik, iceman, archangel and Mr sinister or apocalypse.

Neoxon

Someone on GameFAQs noticed something with Marvel Heroes Omega. While the mutants made it just fine, all references to the Fantastic Four (with the exception of Doctor Doom, since he's the main villain of the game) were removed. This kinda lines up with the Lego Marvel 2 rumor of there being X-Men but no Fantastic Four.

vg260

Eh. I was kinda glad the X-Men characters were suspected to be sitting out for a while so the base roster was fresh. I've had enough of the same X-Men characters in all these games. If they start showing up, I'd rather it be later down the line.

Someone on GameFAQs noticed something with Marvel Heroes Omega. While the mutants made it just fine, all references to the Fantastic Four (with the exception of Doctor Doom, since he's the main villain of the game) were removed. This kinda lines up with the Lego Marvel 2 rumor of there being X-Men but no Fantastic Four.

This is fine all we need of the f4 are the villains and silver surver the f4 themselves are trash.

I guess Marvel may still be doing that dumb hazing thing, but they just gave up on X-Men, since Fox won't be giving up on them anytime soon, while the FF aren't doing so hot.

Jawmuncher

qu0xfir54m0mjuyjibm5rebr9.png

MoxManiac

Meh. Doom is all we need. The FF are ass.

Lothars

Eh. I was kinda glad the X-Men characters were suspected to be sitting out for a while so the base roster was fresh. I've had enough of the same X-Men characters in all these games. If they start showing up, I'd rather it be later down the line.
I don't agree give me X-Men over any other characters.

I didn't hear of that rumor, but that would be cool at least. I'm mostly okay with skipping the FF proper.

opricnik

Banned
I would be okay if we had Silver Surfer and Doom from F4

who cares Fantastic four anymore these days.

Wolverine,Magneto,Storm,Cyclops,Nightcrawler for X-Men
Deadpool for Deadpool
but i doubt there will be this much x-men characters , Marvel will force them to do make movie dlc characters etc..

also doubt there will be enough capcom characters to counterpart

They should add at least one X-Men character in the base roster IMO. It would be a great surprise, just weeks before the launch they should reveal Wolverine/Magneto.

I can dream...

J-Tier

They should add at least one X-Men character in the base roster IMO. It would be a great surprise, just weeks before the launch they should reveal Wolverine/Magneto.

I can dream...
Wolverine alone would alleviate all concern and would drum up tons of hype. It would probably result in a significantly larger number of purchases day 1.

Wolverine alone would alleviate all concern and would drum up tons of hype. It would probably result in a significantly larger number of purchases day 1.
Yep, I'm really wondering if they would consider adding Wolverine in the base roster, since the model from 3 is already available for them to use.

It would be extremely hype!

Dahbomb

FF has always been my least favorite super hero team of the mainstream ones.

Bunch of generic white folks with bland super powers, personalities and back stories. Galactus, Doom, Skrull and Silver Surfer are more interesting than the team. Just give us a fully fleshed out Super Skrull and the F4 quota is done IMO.

Might seem extreme, but I wouldn't even mind if the game was delayed to add X-Men into the base roster. I doubt it'll happen, but I really feel like this game starting off on the right track is important.

Invisible Woman's powers are not bland. They're freaking awesome. She's a badass. Anyone who thinks she sucks needs to read some damn comic books past the 70s.

Neoxon

Might seem extreme, but I wouldn't even mind if the game was delayed to add X-Men into the base roster. I doubt it'll happen, but I really feel like this game starting off on the right track is important.
Same here, man. Though it would mean shoe-horning them into the story.

Dahbomb

Invisible Woman's powers are not bland. They're freaking awesome. She's a badass. Anyone who thinks she sucks needs to read some damn comic books past the 70s.
If Capcom got permission to use FOX characters then there are about 20 female characters I would want in before ever getting to her.

I'd even be fine with that. I want a coherent story, but if it's altered to include some X-Men characters, that would be okay with me.

If this rumor about the Xmen license not getting renewed is on the internet then why did I see 90s Wolverine playable in the Marvel Vs Capcom infinite demo at PS road to greatness 2017 tour at Sunfest 2017 in West Palm Beach, Flordia

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/75388974

Hmmm....Bullshit? Or?

J-Tier

I actually like Sue despite my recent constant shitting on F4. Her powers have a crazy amount of potential in a fighting game AND she's a great mother figure.

However, I'm with Dahbomb, plenty of female characters I want in, which drops her to like 20th place for me.

At the very least, they could add more of Sue's powers to Kl'rt. Give him the ability to turn Invisible briefly or at least pummel the opponent with Forcefields.

Hey, Richards may be a black hole of uninteresting, but I will have no shit talking about The Thing. He is too good of a character to be stuck with the rest of the Fantastic Four.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
At the very least, they could add more of Sue's powers to Kl'rt. Give him the ability to turn Invisible briefly or at least pummel the opponent with Forcefields.
IIRC Super-Skrull had a lot more of Invisible Woman's powers originally, like some parts of his moves would turn him invisible for part of the animations, but it turned out to be too much juice.

Otherwise, yeah. Never cared for F4 as a kid, still don't now. This is even in spite of a relatively cool concept behind the team, how they got their powers, and the relatively novel powers themselves. They just never gripped me. I'm with Dahbomb, all the periphery characters like Silver Surfer, Galactus, and Dr. Doom are actually interesting in comparison. That's why I'm with Super-Skrull as the solution instead of including the whole team.

This is so important. The game needs to be feature complete, and not just because Injustice 2 is one of the most solid fighting game packages, if not the, of all time. If this game doesn't have all of it's faculties on Day 1, sales will suffer, and so will post-launch support. And I want post-launch support to stretch out way more than one or two seasons, I want this to be a platform that thrives.

J-Tier

Hey, Richards may be a black hole of uninteresting, but I will have no shit talking about The Thing. He is too good of a character to be stuck with the rest of the Fantastic Four.

My personal rating of notable vanilla super strength characters:

She-Hulk -> Hulk -> Luke Cage -> Jessica Jones -> Hercules -> Juggernaut -> Colossus -> The Thing -> Rhino -> Blob -> The Sentry (I know he also flies, but he's so lame).

Ben Grimm barely beats out Rhino for me.

This is so important. The game needs to be feature complete, and not just because Injustice 2 is one of the most solid fighting game packages, if not the, of all time. If this game doesn't have all of it's faculties on Day 1, sales will suffer, and so will post-launch support. And I want post-launch support to stretch out way more than one or two seasons, I want this to be a platform that thrives.

Yeah, agreed. I hope Capcom at least considers it. I want to get my hands on Marvel ASAP, but my urge can wait as long as I know the game will get the best possible release. I honestly think Capcom is going to stick with the Sep release date, but they should really think about this one.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite is way more appealing with X-Men on the base roster than X-Men as DLC.

That probably had to do with them taking Johnny's supers and giving them to Kl'rt.

They did say he had a model ready to go, so I'm assuming they didn't want those resources to go to waste.

I actually like Sue despite my recent constant shitting on F4. Her powers have a crazy amount of potential in a fighting game AND she's a great mother figure.

However, I'm with Dahbomb, plenty of female characters I want in, which drops her to like 20th place for me.

Well I think mutants are shit, except for a few ones I can count on one hand, so among female Fox characters, Sue is easily in the top 3.

Neoxon

Yeah, agreed. I hope Capcom at least considers it. I want to get my hands on Marvel ASAP, but my urge can wait as long as I know the game will get the best possible release. I honestly think Capcom is going to stick with the Sep release date, but they should really think about this one.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite is way more appealing with X-Men on the base roster than X-Men as DLC.
To be fair, they may have to delay the game to 2018 to ensure Day 1 Fox characters. I wouldn't lose my shit over such a delay, but a year feels like a long time.

But yeah, I do think Capcom's gonna stick with September 19th.

Dahbomb

Top 20 female mutants IMO:

Storm
Jean Grey
Rogue
Psylocke
Emma Frost
Mytique
X23
Scarlet Witch
Firestar
Polaris
Blink
Jubilee
Kitty Pryde
Spiral
Callisto
Dazzle
Magik
Viper
Moon Star

Some of these can make cool fighting characters especially Moon Star.

i won't rest until i get my nigga JUGGERNAUT back

MVC2Juggernaut.gif

latest

UGH HEADCRUSH

latest

I'M...UNSTOPPABLE

Guy was a fucking beast in MVC2. Certainly did the "powerful as shit muscle dude" gig a lot better than Hulk in that game.

You mean Viper as in Madame Hydra? Because she's not a mutant. She only was in The Wolverine because she had a thing going with him.
I assume she also is one of those borderline characters like the Maximoff twins because of that.

Also it's just Moonstar. That's her last name, she's Native American.

To be fair, they may have to delay the game to 2018 to ensure Day 1 Fox characters. I wouldn't lose my shit over such a delay, but a year feels like a long time.

But yeah, I do think Capcom's gonna stick with September 19th.

It'd be nice if they had a few characters on standby that could just be thrown in...for now. Wolverine and Deadpool would suffice. Wolverine alone would be better than 0 X-Men representation.

I really don't expect this, but it's nice to think about.

Just imagine how much more receptive people would be knowing X-Men are there day 1. Hope this doesn't affect sells too badly.

Top Bottom