• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Yall are hyped up now till the next confirmation is Dante and Hulk

Idk, I think I'd still be curious to see how their movesets appear to have been updated, as well as their new appearances.

I know a lot of people found the Cap/Morrigan reveal to be underwhelming, but I literally screencapped that closeup on Morrigan's face to compare against her MvC3 model because the improvements are so vast.

Jawmuncher

To be honest the thing I'm hoping for most isn't a character reveal, but a gameplay and mechanics reveal. I really want to see how it will play.

I neee my characters. This could be a one button game, but if I got my crew I'm good. I'm the same way with smash, i need my characters before anything else.

How do you know?

I'm being cheeky. I forgot that doesn't translate well in a thread where people are like that Simpsons GIF:

8115f4d9449b4ca97dd15dcbf09baa8e.gif

I'm still sure we'll hear something next week, Nintendo presentation or not.

I just want Rashid in it to be honest. If he's in it I'll buy it, if not, then maybe not. It's a big deal for me. He's my main in SFV and I really like his aesthetic design and peronality.

Unreal Engine 4

Either, MvCI on the Switch is far from a guarantee right now.

Unreal Engine 4 and I think you're being a little too hopeful with what you're saying in bold.

Under the assumption we are getting new mvci content next week, the switch event is the safest bet over a random youtube update. I never said it would come to switch (though umvc3 did get ported to vita for the record). If we do get a ue4 demo reel during the switch event we could see mvci footage during it even if just a small clip of old footage.

TreIII

Probably will be DMC5 version to promote the new game...

Thinking it over...I'm not so certain. A DMC5 version of Dante, proper, would likely mean remaking Dante's moveset from scratch. Something I'm not sure is feasible, unless the Marvel Infinite team was clued in to what Itsuno and co. were doing all along, and thus there was a consistent flow of information between the two squads.

I'm thinking we'll probably get DMC3 Dante again, and then will have a DMC5 costume alt as DLC by the time DMC5 releases.

For the record I'd be excited for Dante too, but I feel he's a boring lock the way Morigan and Ryu are since he's one of Capcom's most iconic characters.

Weiss

Banned
I'm guessing 2 characters a month with occasional bonus reveals. I don't think they'll keep anyone hidden this time.

TreIII

So, Breath of Fire III, Punisher and a Darkstalker.

I've been wanting Punisher in a MvC forever, so that alone makes me smile. It would also be a nice tie-back to the very first Marvel-Capcom collab, so that would make me pleased.

Breath of III is not absolute favorite BOF, but I'd take Nina or Garr, certainly. And well, I've been stumping for Gallon/Talbain for a while, so...

SaikyoBro

Unlockable characters are so weird. Some of my fondest memories with any game would be going through and unlocking all the characters in stages in games like Melee, but these days with the internet and all... eh. I'd love to truly be surprised by some unlockable characters but between leaks, datamining and the internet the whole thing is pointless and devs are clearly becoming aware of this.

As far as Dante goes I don't think there's a prayer the DmC version gets in, that game is almost 4 years old so there's no point in promoting it and surely they're aware by now that almost everyone hates him. My guess is we get DMC4 Dante since he hasn't really been in any crossovers yet, but there's a chance we get DMC3 again for the sake of being able to reuse more of his moveset. I wouldn't mind either way but I'd prefer 4.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Like I've said countless times, I'd be fine with some damn artwork already. I can't believe we haven't got any yet.

Yeah, did we got any artworks when they revealed Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for first time? I don't know if we did.

I doubt he would know anything this time.

SaikyoBro

Yeah, did we got any artworks when they revealed Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 for first time? I don't know if we did.

Yep, I believe we got art for the first 6 characters shown as well as this poster.

SFV didn't have any art revealed until E3 IIRC after its PSX debut, but this game will presumably have a lot more content so I'd be surprised if we didn't see something by the end of the month.

Weiss

Banned
So Punisher, a Breath of Fire 3 character, and a Darkstalker (I'd guess somewhere between Pyron, Jedah, Lord Raptor, Dimitri and Jon Talbain).

If there seriously is a BoF3 rep in this, well dang. I doubt it'd be Momo, or anyone other than Ryu or Nina, and BoF3!Nina can't even fly. Maybe they actually will include Ryu and call him Brood Ryu or something.

Punisher would probably end up being a Chris style guns-and-explosives type, which could be cool. Plus, he was in the very first Capcom-developed Marvel game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yep, I believe we got art for the first 6 characters shown as well as this poster.

SFV didn't have any art revealed until E3 IIRC after its PSX debut, but this game will presumably have a lot more content so I'd be surprised if we didn't see something by the end of the month.

Thanks. I guess It wouldn't hurt to wait for a month or couple of months just for artworks since I really want to work around with OP contents.

SaikyoBro

I just noticed for the first time that in that first Marvel 3 poster the silhouettes in the background correspond perfectly to the first 10 character reveals with the exception of Frank West instead of Viewtiful Joe.

I'd really like to hear more about what exactly happened with Frank in Vanilla, I remember that being an insanely shocking exclusion and the only thing they said was something about "extra work" being required for his moves. There were rumors that he didn't work online, or maybe they just decided that modeling 3 sets of weaponry as well as zombies and everything else they had designed for him was legitimately just more work than it was worth to get the character ready in time for launch.

I've been curious about it for years and I hope Niitsuma eventually addresses it on Twitter, it's awesome that he's finally going into detail about some of these characters and design decisions. Marvel 3's development was so interesting, Niitsuma is one man I'd definitely love to sit down and have a conversation with.

Yeah, we had got artwork about an hr after the trailer was unveiled.

I remember because I was in school trying to guess the silhouettes instead of doing my work, lol.

Edit: Saikyo already answered. Didn't see.

Surprising villain with crazy animations am confirmed for Sasquatch. He did want to conquer all humans after all.

I mean, Rikuo had weirder animations, but he didn't particularly want to do anything but fish stuff.

Top Bottom