• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Seyavesh

i wonder if a dragon's dogma rep will show up in this game, honestly

all the fake lists and wishlists are missing a rep (the rep?)

SAVAN FOR MVC4

LUytHEr.jpg

think about it. you get this sickass theme when he runs in (b/c mvc4 incomings wont allow for mixups)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKr9zwS41Ms

or if its just the arisen then you get the arisen's theme which is even better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTNfuztCMgM

TreIII

i wonder if a dragon's dogma rep will show up in this game, honestly

all the fake lists and wishlists are missing a rep (the rep?)

SAVAN FOR MVC4

LUytHEr.jpg

Or more over...have him as The Seneschal. That way, he'd have every ability that an Arisen could stand to have, plus would be someone that could be a nice Capcom foil to Dr. Strange.

J-Tier

My pipe dream:

I would like The Arisen with two pawns as "assists" for special attacks. So it'd basically be like a Marvel 3 team in one character. The Arisen himself will be a default Fighter with a sword and shield; and the pawns will be one Strider and one Mage. Super level one permanently class changes the Strider into a ranger, super level two permanently class changes the Mage into a sorcerer, and super level three permanently class changes the Arisen into a warrior.

Guys...guys...

HI EVENTHUBS

I have some potential rumor news exclusive for you to report on. To throw my enemies off the trail, I'll tell it to you in code, is that ok?

次のキャラクターはMidnight Blissを彼らのヘアカット、また私は約45のRedEarthになるだろうと聞いたイメージギャラリーのスプライト

Zubz

Banned
HI EVENTHUBS

I have some potential rumor news exclusive for you to report on. To throw my enemies off the trail, I'll tell it to you in code, is that ok

As hilarious as this is, you're too valuable to go the route of Afoni, Bronson.

Really hoping Ryce is hinting at Jedah, but there're quite a few characters he could be referring to. Hell, even a Wily mech might be hard to animate... Just saying.

Zubz

Banned
Who the hell is Afoni and why did they steal my idea shit I mean news

Old SmashGAF'er who loved to post fake leaks. They were a bit less obvious, though, and eventually got banned after doing so one too many times.

The name "Afoni" should've been a clue.

Old SmashGAF'er who loved to post fake leaks. They were a bit less obvious, though, and eventually got banned after doing so one too many times.

The name "Afoni" should've been a clue.

O I don't fuck with Smash because it's not a real fighting ga-*is crushed by barrels*

And tbh fake leaks are silly, I like my silliness to be obvious

You take that back about my mother, she never even met Slayven.

If Raptor were in, it would be kind of a shame if Deadpool had to be cut out at the same time due to the Fox ban. They seem like they'd be good rivals. Maybe it could be Raptor and Taskmaster.

Raptor/Zabel would be a neat addition, but my status as Undertale trash would make it hard not to shout "GET DUNKED ON" during his Hyper! That said, I cannot understate how hyped I would be for Dr. Wily. Really, the man is responsible for EVERYTHING wrong in the Megaman series; why he hasn't been in a VS game yet baffles me.

TreIII

That said, I cannot understate how hyped I would be for Dr. Wily. Really, the man is responsible for EVERYTHING wrong in the Megaman series; why he hasn't been in a VS game yet baffles me.

Probably because it'd be a challenge to make up a moveset for a Wily Machine mecha, much less make sure they'd be a reasonable size. Considering the original Vs. series devs didn't do the best job with crafting Rock and Roll's moveset in MvC, I'd certainly rather they waited until such a time when they could do a better job and have more fun with it.

I mean, compare Roll's MvC moveset to her TvC one, and to me, it's no contest.

I wonder what a Wily moveset would even look like.

Would he turn into an alien? Would he have one of those decoy things he uses to escape death? Would he use the Yellow Devil in some capacity? Would he have robot masters come in to assist him? Would Bass assist him? Would he have trap moves based on Megaman hazards?

And with Sigma all but officially confirmed at this point, would two Megaman villains be overkill? I don't really think so but what do you think?

J-Tier

Raptor/Zabel would be a neat addition, but my status as Undertale trash would make it hard not to shout "GET DUNKED ON" during his Hyper! That said, I cannot understate how hyped I would be for Dr. Wily. Really, the man is responsible for EVERYTHING wrong in the Megaman series; why he hasn't been in a VS game yet baffles me.
Dr. Wily would be super hype. I imagine him piloting a transforming Wily Machine that turns into his saucer, grows legs, tank treads, etc to reference all of his various appearances.
The Sony thing isn't really a problem anymore, remember that Marvel and Sony are cool now.
You can't be answering me seriously right? Lol.

TreIII

I wonder what a Wily moveset would even look like.

Would he turn into an alien? Would he have one of those decoy things he uses to escape death? Would he use the Yellow Devil in some capacity? Would he have robot masters come in to assist him? Would Bass assist him? Would he have trap moves based on Megaman hazards?

And with Sigma all but officially confirmed at this point, would two Megaman villains be overkill? I don't really think so but what do you think?

I'd imagine something thematically similar to Modok: Mobile platform, spams projectiles in his Wily Machine for a variety of his attacks, with more teleportation shenanigans and the like. Yellow Devil could make for a great Hyper.

Pretty much the main reason I think he may not be possible is if this game leans more on MMX for representation than any other MM series. But then again, he's just as relevant to the X series, as well...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Low key, Eventhubs are early pioneers of this fake news wave TBH.

Honestly we need more fake leaks for this game its been official for almost a month and we've yet to have a truly great fake.
Too early, we don't even have a UI yet.

Also might be because having no assists has taken a considerable dent in the hype for this game for many people. Even as I think about the gameplay more and more, I begin to miss them more and more. I mean we barely know anything about how it plays, but man, that's a biggieZ

Mista Koo

While I was thinking Jon Talbain and Jedah are better DS representative, I like playing as Lord Raptor more. I would also like Wily. So bring it on.

It's gonna be trash, maybe Twelve?

Devilot with Super-8 would be way too cool for it to actually happen.
She would probably just use Super-8 in her supers just like Jin with Blodia.

Hideo Shimazu (Rival Schools)
If you're counting every bad dude as a villain then Hideo counts.

Low key, Eventhubs are early pioneers of this fake news wave TBH.

Too early, we don't even have a UI yet.

Also might be because having no assists has taken a considerable dent in the hype for this game for many people. Even as I think about the gameplay more and more, I begin to miss them more and more. I mean we barely know anything about how it plays, but man, that's a biggieZ

The vast amount of casual mvc purchasers who barely know how to use assist probably aren't losing sleep over their removal. I'll go out on a limb and say the majority of fake leakes are from people who aren't particularly good at the game but just want some roundabout attention for a week.

Top Bottom